Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muammar Gaddafi dead!!
TheRealVille Wrote:I saw that after looking closer. At any rate, he had congressional support on this mission.
He did not comply with the law. Anecdotal support by some members of Congress does not cut it. Approval must be formally requested and a majority of votes obtained.
TheRealVille Wrote:http://jurist.org/forum/2011/03/the-pres...ne-yet.php

Notice that your guys hero, Ronald Reagan, used the basically same circumstances that Obama and didn't get a Congressional resolution when he did airstrikes on Libya in '88.
I believe that the Reagan air strikes were nearly 60 days short in duration of requiring a Congressional resolution of support. Do you read the stuff that you post? If so, does it make any sense to you?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I believe that the Reagan air strikes were nearly 60 days short in duration of requiring a Congressional resolution of support. Do you read the stuff that you post? If so, does it make any sense to you?
Like I said, if they had a leg to stand on, they would have his ass in a sling. From all indications, Congress is with him on this, or just don't care, so he is ok. Write your representative and call for Obama's impeachment. See if you can get it done.
TheRealVille Wrote:Like I said, if they had a leg to stand on, they would have his ass in a sling. From all indications, Congress is with him on this, or just don't care, so he is ok. Write Mitch and call for Obama's impeachment. See if you can get it done.
You didn't answer my question. How was Reagan's single bombing run on Libya that lasted well under a day anything like Obama's refusal to comply with the War Powers Act. Ditto for the extremely brief war in Granada and the forced extraction of Noriega from Panama? Reagan's name keeps getting thrown out as part of a "they did it too" defense, yet nobody has explained how military operations that lasted far short of 60 days are anything like the Libyan operation. So, I ask again. What does Reagan have to do with Obama violating the War Powers Act?

Here is another one for you. I have already stated that IMO, had Obama sought Congressional approval for the Libyan attacks, he would have gotten it. I think that you agree. Then, can you explain why Obama did not simply comply with the law?
STILL waiting on congress aproval:hilarious:
Beautiful Loser
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You didn't answer my question. How was Reagan's single bombing run on Libya that lasted well under a day anything like Obama's refusal to comply with the War Powers Act. Ditto for the extremely brief war in Granada and the forced extraction of Noriega from Panama? Reagan's name keeps getting thrown out as part of a "they did it too" defense, yet nobody has explained how military operations that lasted far short of 60 days are anything like the Libyan operation. So, I ask again. What does Reagan have to do with Obama violating the War Powers Act?

Here is another one for you. I have already stated that IMO, had Obama sought Congressional approval for the Libyan attacks, he would have gotten it. I think that you agree. Then, can you explain why Obama did not simply comply with the law?
No, but I can trust that if he was impeachable, Washington would be in the process of doing it. They have nothing on him, or you know as well as me that Boner and the boys/girls would be signing the papers by now. I would suggest that you call your representative and complain. You and I voted these people in, and you just have to let them do their job. If he was doing something illegal, they would nail him. You know as well as me that the actions in Libya were in a gray area as far as the WPR goes.
vector Wrote:STILL waiting on congress aproval:hilarious:
It's over and they are still bitching. :thatsfunn
TheRealVille Wrote:No, but I can trust that if he was impeachable, Washington would be in the process of doing it. They have nothing on him, or you know as well as me that Boner and the boys/girls would be signing the papers by now.
FYI, Democrats control the Senate. Bill Clinton lied under oath in the presence of a federal judge, received a huge fine, and was stripped of his license to practice law. Not a single Democrat voted to impeach Clinton at his impeachment trial. Obama is dropping like a rock in the polls and the last thing Republicans will do is to make the public feel sorry for him by impeaching him in the House. That is a wise move on their part. However, it is political cowardice for McConnel and Boener not to have condemned Obama's refusal to follow the law in a very public way. It should have been the first words out of their mouths every time that they stood at a podium as long as Obama continued to violate the law.

OTOH, liberal Democrat Dennis Kucinich and a handful of other very liberal House Democrats too a very courageous political stand and condemned Obama's actions in very strong terms. Kucinich even raised the possibility of impeachment over the matter. I have said it before but I don't agree with Kucinich on hardly any issue but he is consistent in his positions and he speaks his conscience. Not many members of Congress in either party do.
STILL waiting on congress aproval
Hoot Gibson Wrote:FYI, Democrats control the Senate. Bill Clinton lied under oath in the presence of a federal judge, received a huge fine, and was stripped of his license to practice law. Not a single Democrat voted to impeach Clinton at his impeachment trial. Obama is dropping like a rock in the polls and the last thing Republicans will do is to make the public feel sorry for him by impeaching him in the House. That is a wise move on their part. However, it is political cowardice for McConnel and Boener not to have condemned Obama's refusal to follow the law in a very public way. It should have been the first words out of their mouths every time that they stood at a podium as long as Obama continued to violate the law.

OTOH, liberal Democrat Dennis Kucinich and a handful of other very liberal House Democrats too a very courageous political stand and condemned Obama's actions in very strong terms. Kucinich even raised the possibility of impeachment over the matter. I have said it before but I don't agree with Kucinich on hardly any issue but he is consistent in his positions and he speaks his conscience. Not many members of Congress in either party do.
See, this is where I got you. I could care less if Obama get's back in or not, but I'll laugh my ass off at your whining if he does.

You still waiting on Congress's approval? Confusednicker: Don't you think it's time to drop it? You can't do anything about it, and Congress isn't going to. You all own the House, I would think that if they had anything on him legally, they would oust him. They can't and you know it. It has nothing to do with people feeling sorry for him.
TheRealVille Wrote:See, this is where I got you. I could care less if Obama get's back in or not, but I'll laugh my ass off at your whining if he does.

You still waiting on Congress's approval? Confusednicker: Don't you think it's time to drop it? You can't do anything about it, and Congress isn't going to. You all own the House, I would think that if they had anything on him legally, they would oust him. They can't and you know it. It has nothing to do with people feeling sorry for him.
:biglmao:Good one, RV. You are Obama's #1 fanboy here on BGR and everybody knows it. You will be crushed when he goes down in flames next November. It wouldn't surprise me to see you sweeten your bid for this web site so you will not have to read my celebratory posts on election night.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::biglmao:Good one, RV. You are Obama's #1 fanboy here on BGR and everybody knows it. You will be crushed when he goes down in flames next November. It wouldn't surprise me to see you sweeten your bid for this web site so you will not have to read my celebratory posts on election night.
No, what everybody one knows is that I have too much fun jacking with you.
Hell no, my offer to buy this joint is over, I'm having too much fun messing with you. I love you being here, so other people can see your blood pressure rise over stupid stuff. You can't even imagine how much fun I have with you. Don't think for a minute he is going down in flames Hoot. It's not going to happen, unless you people get Romney nominated. He is the only electable one of the lot.
Can't you see Hooter, McConnell and Boner don't think like you on this non issue.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, what everybody one knows is that I have too much fun jacking with you.
Hell no, my offer to buy this joint is over, I'm having too much fun messing with you. I love you being here, so other people can see your blood pressure rise over stupid stuff. You can't even imagine how much fun I have with you. Don't think for a minute he is going down in flames Hoot. It's not going to happen, unless you people get Romney nominated. He is the only electable one of the lot.
Yes, RV your command of the facts and failure to even read or understand the articles that you post really make me look dumb. I am sure that members log in every day just to watch how that keen intellect of your's works. Confusednicker:

BTW, have you reported anybody else to President Obama for their anti-American criticism of him? :hilarious:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, RV your command of the facts and failure to even read or understand the articles that you post really make me look dumb. I am sure that members log in every day just to watch how that keen intellect of your's works. Confusednicker:

BTW, have you reported anybody else to President Obama for their anti-American criticism of him? :hilarious:
:Thumbs: Any big Surburbans hanging around your place in DC? :Clap: As much fun as it is chatting with you Hooter, NFL is on.
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: Any big Surburbans hanging around your place in DC? :Clap: As much fun as it is chatting with you Hooter, NFL is on.
Yeah, I am sure that you are ready to kick back and throw down a few more cold ones, RV. Enjoy the game. I have to work tomorrow, so I will be turning in soon.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yeah, I am sure that you are ready to kick back and throw down a few more cold ones, RV. Enjoy the game. I have to work tomorrow, so I will be turning in soon.
Yea, I am on my second one. Sleep tight.:Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:Yea, I am on my second one. Sleep tight.:Thumbs:
Good night, Easy Money!:biggrin:
STILL waiting on congress aproval
vector Wrote:STILL waiting on congress aproval

I'm going to revise my previous post. Sheesh... Now you're acting like you never even made it past 1st grade. Come on vector, try growing up just a little .:eyeroll:
An ignor button would go a long way around this place:eyeroll:
nky Wrote:An ignor button would go a long way around this place:eyeroll:
It has one, use it.
nky Wrote:An ignor button would go a long way around this place:eyeroll:
Enforcement of the rule against signing up for multiple accounts would be even better. Some people think that they need to use more than one account at a time to properly display their ignorance but they are mistaken.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Enforcement of the rule against signing up for multiple accounts would be even better. Some people think that they need to use more than one account at a time to properly display their ignorance but they are mistaken.
Now why are you bringing Bob Seger/Mr. Kimball into this discussion? He has done nothing to you.
TheRealVille Wrote:Now why are you bringing Bob Seger/Mr. Kimball into this discussion? He has done nothing to you.
I have never seen the two of them together. In fact, it has been a long time since I have seen Mr. Kimball on here. The member(s) to whom I am referring are so desperate for approval, they create imaginary friends to applaud their own posts. It's rather pitiful, IMO...but at the same time it's kind of entertaining or as entertaining as a personality disorder can be.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have never seen the two of them together. In fact, it has been a long time since I have seen Mr. Kimball on here. The member(s) to whom I am referring are so desperate for approval, they create imaginary friends to applaud their own posts. It's rather pitiful, IMO...but at the same time it's kind of entertaining or as entertaining as a personality disorder can be.
I don't see vectors alter ego in this thread, who is it?

Edit: It looks like you are equating me as being his alter ego. I challenge you to bring it up to TorQQe, or any other Mod, and let them check me out. I can assure vector and RV aren't the same person. As you can see, vector has been here since 2006, longer that all of us here.
I just found an article of what Egypt is now like, and what it's being expected to become:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/25/...us-falter/

^^This is why I think what happened in Libya was bad. It's possible that Egypt will become a "second Iran" and Libya will become a "third Iran". That's not good for anyone.
Oh Well! Just another dead pain causing shit bird!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't see vectors alter ego in this thread, who is it?

Edit: It looks like you are equating me as being his alter ego. I challenge you to bring it up to TorQQe, or any other Mod, and let them check me out. I can assure vector and RV aren't the same person. As you can see, vector has been here since 2006, longer that all of us here.
Why would anybody think that you and vector are one in the same? I did not mention you by name. Of all the people who post here and in the other forums that I frequent, why did you assume that I was referring to you? Are you being medicated for your paranoia?

I was just making a general comment about people the dishonesty of people who sign up for and use multiple accounts simultaneously. I believe that the admins can quickly spot these phony characters using their ip addresses. It would be great if our ip addresses were visible to everybody, as it would be a great deterrent to this practice. Don't you agree?