Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky-38 Jacksonville State-14
The Cats played really well, hats off to them!! With the schedule they have left they do have a shot to win some games, but I am not convinced that the results of this game translate into beating SEC teams? Considering I thought JSU would beat us, I am really pleased however with the improvment the Cats showed in this game. We actually dominated this team in every aspect of the game and with Ole Miss riding an 11 game SEC loosing streak we should have a great shot to win that game at home. If these guys can gain some confidence and believe in themselves I believe we have a shot to win 4 of our last 5 games, then with Toles from Highlands coming in next year along with the good freshman class we have, maybe Joker does have a shot to save his job?
A win over a Florida team is always a good thing,even it is a highschool team.lol Oh,btw those highschool teams in Florida are very good,better then what we have here in Kentucky.
Having the bye week helped UK this week but JSU is not an SEC team. I was at the game and the rushing attack looked good toady and I congrualte UK on the win. One thing that bothers me is how fans around me said we don't belong in the SEC only in foorball they think they should be FCS or something else. What does that say for your fan base when all you think about is basketball why even go to a football game. GO COCKS!
I cant wait for a chance to win the conference title and make the playoffs!
Rocky Top Wrote:A win over a Florida team is always a good thing,even it is a highschool team.lol Oh,btw those highschool teams in Florida are very good,better then what we have here in Kentucky.

Jacksonville State is in Alabama...lol.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The Cats played really well, hats off to them!! With the schedule they have left they do have a shot to win some games, but I am not convinced that the results of this game translate into beating SEC teams? Considering I thought JSU would beat us, I am really pleased however with the improvment the Cats showed in this game. We actually dominated this team in every aspect of the game and with Ole Miss riding an 11 game SEC loosing streak we should have a great shot to win that game at home. If these guys can gain some confidence and believe in themselves I believe we have a shot to win 4 of our last 5 games, then with Toles from Highlands coming in next year along with the good freshman class we have, maybe Joker does have a shot to save his job?

Like I have said 80 times this year we are in the same situation as the 06 team.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Like I have said 80 times this year we are in the same situation as the 06 team.
I hope Joker gets the Harris kid from GRC, he has legitimate 4.3 speed and is quicker than a cat also. Toles to harris could be similar to Couch to Yeast IMO
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Like I have said 80 times this year we are in the same situation as the 06 team.

Same situation, not the same team.
Aslan Wrote:Same situation, not the same team.
I agree with you Aslan, just because things turned well for that team doesnt mean it will for this team, but things do look a lot better than they did a couple weeks ago. Its really sad, but I feel that the best we can hope for at a school that refuses to commit the money and resources necessary to compete for an SEC title is to handle the weaker teams on our schedule like we're supposed to, (example - Ky 38 JSU 14) play the upper tier SEC teams competitively, which we havent done yet, beat 2 or 3 struggling SEC teams a year, which we prob wont do, win 6 or 7 games and go to a mediocre bowl. We probably wont do all these things this year, but very possibly will achieve this mediocre goal next year and everyone will probably be happy?? Its sad, but it sums up the history of Ky football!!! Its really hard for me to believe that we will never as long as we live know what it is like to compete for an SEC East title much less an Sec title and we have so many fans that try to justify why we should keep a coach like Joker Phillips for as long as he wants to coach at UK and at very best be mediocre..
The Cats played a Division II team today so what did they prove? I guess they proved they could be competitive in the OVC.
I've been a UK fan for 54 die hard years so I am not a fair weather fan. But, we will not go to a bowl game this year. I don't think we will win another game this year. That's how bad we really are. We won Saturday so that shows this team could be competitive in the OVC. I'm tired of beating these types of teams and getting our butts kicked by the teams we're supposed to be competing against in the SEC. Joker is not the answer and I will not attend another UK football game until we hire a top level coach and make a commitment to be competitive in the SEC against teams other than Vandervilt. We need to hire Mike Leach or some top level coach before its too late.
:igiveup:This team is the worst UK team maybe ever and you think they can beat the rest of the teams on the schedule excluding Tennessee and Georgia. They beat Jacksonville State of the OVC. They aren't any better than they were the past 3-4 weeks. Louisville is horrible but they beat us. We will not win another game this year and if we don't hire a coach 2-3 win seasons will be the norm.
ConfusedingleparJacksonville State is not from Florida. They are from Jacksonville, Alabama where ever that is. They are a member of the OVC. The same conference EKU plays in. So this game shows we could be competitive in the OVC. Big Deal! When will we be competitive in our league? That's what matters. We wouldn't put up with this from our basketball team and until the fans raise their expectations we will never have a football program worth two cents.
The biggest difference from the 06 team is this team doesn't have their talent or their desire. We kicked around an OVC team Saturday and I was really impressed with the penalties we had for unsportsman like play. This team get's tough with the little teams but we play like wimps with the big boys in the SEC and that is just a reflection of the coaching staff. When are we going to play like men against real competition. Maybe we should join the OVC?
13K no shows for the JSU game????? ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
:hilarious::biglmao::lmao::hilarious:

13K No Show's!!!!!!
I'm still surprised UK won.