Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battlefield 3
Did anyone buy it today? If so give me your reviews on it.
I, unfortunately, decided not to get it and wait to see everyone's reviews on it. I played the beta and to me, it wasn't my style and was too realistic to be a video game IMO.
Still yet, this is one of the highly anticipated games this year so I want to know everyone's feedback on it.
I'm thinking about getting after watching a couple videos on it.
they prolly havent got to play it that much to give a review because i was told the servers have been down....
I was reading reddit and everyone on there is bitching cause of the servers. EA should have been ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Ditto. I haven't got to play or have the game either.
My buddy that I work with said he didn't get to play it at all because of the servers.
Sucks for people that went out at 12am to get the game.
Picked up the game yesterday and played it for a few hours so I feel I can give an accurate review of it...

Took me 30+ minutes for maintenence issues before I could even play it...

First off, had to download a patch for it which took 20 minutes, secondly, it then needed to download and update for it, took another 10 minutes, then I had to enter my limited edition codes.....

Pros: You can now lay down in the game and respawning is instant. Graphics seem to be really improved from Battlefield 2.

Cons: Boards seem compressed than in Battlefield 2. Seems like they wanted to make it more similar to COD where you are pretty much on top of others the whole game. I liked the "breathing room" so to speak. You can only do random respawns (at least that is all it would let me do, would not let me choose a teamate to spawn on) because of the smaller board and random respawn, you would spawn pretty much next to the opposing team. On the weapons board, in BF2, scrolling over a weapon would tell you its damage, accuracy, etc... Didn't see or couldn't figure out how to do it in this edition.

That is how I see it. Keep in mind that I only played it for 2 hours but I went through each class to get a feel for it. I still don't like how it feels like I am playing COD as I am not a big COD fan.

For a first impression rating, I would give it a 7-10. IMO
its a very realisitic game, and very very different that COD. The only downside i saw was on the mulyiplayer, i think its way to hard to spot enemy players online, their is no indicator above them to let u know theyre an enemy, or to even spot them at all untill ur right up on them.
Rush mode is really fun with all of the jets, helicopters and vehicles.
^^^ I felt it was very similar to COD from how everything moves so quickly to how there is only two squads going after each other and when they show you everyone's stats for the match. Looks just like COD, IMO. In Battlefield 2 you were put on a 4 man squad, here it is two teams against each other. I do agree with not being able to spot the enemy. Multiple times I would respawn into a group that I thought was my own team but turned out to be the enemy. I did notice though that enemy players projected a "reflection" similar to sunlight bouncing off a mirror. Not sure if this was just the board or if it was a "hint" that an enemy had just spawned in. It kept catching my eye while playing and I was able to get a couple of kills going by that.
No body cares about video games lol
judgementday Wrote:^^^ I felt it was very similar to COD from how everything moves so quickly to how there is only two squads going after each other and when they show you everyone's stats for the match. Looks just like COD, IMO. In Battlefield 2 you were put on a 4 man squad, here it is two teams against each other. I do agree with not being able to spot the enemy. Multiple times I would respawn into a group that I thought was my own team but turned out to be the enemy. I did notice though that enemy players projected a "reflection" similar to sunlight bouncing off a mirror. Not sure if this was just the board or if it was a "hint" that an enemy had just spawned in. It kept catching my eye while playing and I was able to get a couple of kills going by that.
If ti was an enemy from far off it was in fact a reflection. Reflection of sunlight bouncing off their scope right before you got shot. Least that is what I found out during the Beta.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:If ti was an enemy from far off it was in fact a reflection. Reflection of sunlight bouncing off their scope right before you got shot. Least that is what I found out during the Beta.

DICE gives prone to players, adds lens flare. I assume this is to counter snipers from camping too much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
judgementday Wrote:Picked up the game yesterday and played it for a few hours so I feel I can give an accurate review of it...

Took me 30+ minutes for maintenence issues before I could even play it...

First off, had to download a patch for it which took 20 minutes, secondly, it then needed to download and update for it, took another 10 minutes, then I had to enter my limited edition codes.....

Pros: You can now lay down in the game and respawning is instant. Graphics seem to be really improved from Battlefield 2.

Cons: Boards seem compressed than in Battlefield 2. Seems like they wanted to make it more similar to COD where you are pretty much on top of others the whole game. I liked the "breathing room" so to speak. You can only do random respawns (at least that is all it would let me do, would not let me choose a teamate to spawn on) because of the smaller board and random respawn, you would spawn pretty much next to the opposing team. On the weapons board, in BF2, scrolling over a weapon would tell you its damage, accuracy, etc... Didn't see or couldn't figure out how to do it in this edition.

That is how I see it. Keep in mind that I only played it for 2 hours but I went through each class to get a feel for it. I still don't like how it feels like I am playing COD as I am not a big COD fan.

For a first impression rating, I would give it a 7-10. IMO

Battlefield 2, or Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^^ Sorry, Bad Company 2...

However, I must revise my previous review of the game. After playing it for multiple hours certain cons I pointed out were not accurate. There is still a squad deathmatch option which gives you the option of 4 squads. The one I was playing was two large squads against each other. It was from this vantage point I compared it to COD. Also, the boards are not compressed at all. You still have the opportunity to plan your next move or survey the terrain before someone is on to you. With that being said, one con of the game I do not like is re-spawning on top of people. At least 6 time I spawned next to an enemy. Luckily, 4 of those 6 I was not seen but 2 times I was shot not realizing they were there. Second con I have noticed is it is difficult to distinguish between enemy and teammate in close quarters.

So, I am raising my previous rating from 7-10 to 9-10.
Only reason I'm buying it is for the Campaign, same with MW3. Multiplayer is just a bonus for me...
I prefer the campaign play in COD over Battlefield but prefer the online of Battlefield over COD.
Waiting on this to finish downloading. Anyone played yet/???
judgementday Wrote:^^^ Sorry, Bad Company 2...

However, I must revise my previous review of the game. After playing it for multiple hours certain cons I pointed out were not accurate. There is still a squad deathmatch option which gives you the option of 4 squads. The one I was playing was two large squads against each other. It was from this vantage point I compared it to COD. Also, the boards are not compressed at all. You still have the opportunity to plan your next move or survey the terrain before someone is on to you. With that being said, one con of the game I do not like is re-spawning on top of people. At least 6 time I spawned next to an enemy. Luckily, 4 of those 6 I was not seen but 2 times I was shot not realizing they were there. Second con I have noticed is it is difficult to distinguish between enemy and teammate in close quarters.

So, I am raising my previous rating from 7-10 to 9-10.

You can choose your spawn point dude. Whether you want to spawn on a teammate or objective, you can always choose.
judgementday Wrote:I prefer the campaign play in COD over Battlefield but prefer the online of Battlefield over COD.

Yeah, COD's campaign is almost certainly going to be better, but I liked BF3's campaign alright. I just wish one of these games would get all of the military stuff right.

And in the campaign, a member of your squad is wearing Multicam, not desert MARPAT like everyone else. His name is Stojnik or something like that. It never tells what unit he's from, but he's gotta be Army or Air Force. I'm curious to know what he's doing with a squad of Force Recon Marines...

Also, I've enjoyed multiplayer alot more than I thought I would. The aircraft could be a bit easier to control, but I hate flying them, so it doesn't really matter to me. Overall, it's a pretty damn good game.
Anyone playing on PS3?
vundy33 Wrote:You can choose your spawn point dude. Whether you want to spawn on a teammate or objective, you can always choose.

Playing the "team deathmatch" it only allows me to do random spawning. On "squad deathmach" where it is 4 squads pitted against each other, I am able to spaw on teammates or random...unless I am missing something...
judgementday Wrote:Playing the "team deathmatch" it only allows me to do random spawning. On "squad deathmach" where it is 4 squads pitted against each other, I am able to spaw on teammates or random...unless I am missing something...

Ok..assumed you were playing Conquest or Rush. My favorite is Team Deathmatch, but I've never played it yet. On Conquest, you can spawn at certain flags that your team controls, and aircraft. If you haven't tried it, you should. I thought I'd hate it, but I love it, lol.