Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sosa traded to Baltimore
Per ESPN.com:

"Chicago Cubs outfielder Sammy Sosa will be traded to the Baltimore Orioles for infielder Jerry Hairston and at least two minor-leaguers, pending physicals and approval from commissioner Bud Selig and the players' association. An Orioles source told ESPN's Tim Kurkjian that the only way the trade will not happen is if someone fails a physical."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1978241:
How long have these talks been going on. This is the first I've heard of it. The Cubs are getting screwed on this deal IMO.
Sosa is past his prime. His numbers have dropped dramatically, though he may put up some decent numbers for the Orioles, he was just a big pain for everyone in the Cubs organization towards then end of his time there, especially for Baker.
Are you retarded? Lets not forget that Sosa's last 2 seasons have been injury prone and the Corking incident, when he gets back on track the Cubs will regret this one DEEPLY.
"4leaf" Wrote:How long have these talks been going on. This is the first I've heard of it. The Cubs are getting screwed on this deal IMO.

I agree
Anyway you slice it, cubs fans cant be happy...they have to pick up 10 mil of sosa's 17 mil contract this year and they get hairston and a coupla minor leaguers? lets not forget sosa took what 35 balls out of the park last season? yeah his rbi's dropped some but noone was gettin on base... the cubs need magglio and i dont think they will get em... they arent interested in giving ordonez a long term deal in my mind... all the cubs got goin for em is that rotation, but without sosa and alou, the run support has got to come from....??? corey patterson maybe lol michael barrett...lol what a joke...a 70-92 season for the cubbies this year.. im glad im an astros fan, i couldnt be happier than seeing that trade go down
I know Baltimore had a press conference scheduled tonight but then it was moved back did they ever make it official?
im glad the cubs traded him, but they should of tried to get something in return, like a pitcher