•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripkin or PLL...why not both?
The Guru Wrote:Tryouts went very, very long. They have (4) 13-15 yr. old teams with 13 players on each.
Thats a pretty good turn out. About like the old days of Senior League. How bout the 11-12' s anyone hear?
Whos next? Wrote:Thats a pretty good turn out. About like the old days of Senior League. How bout the 11-12' s anyone hear?
Not sure, but I was told they have 25 teams in all divisions, but that 12 of those teams were T-ball.
We had four teams of thirteen in the 11/12 division. I was suprised on the talent level that tried out it was much better than I expected.
For those who thought the league would not be open to all ask GURU who was in the draft and actually took part in it. If I'm not mistaken there was at least five paintsville kids in the 13-15 division and GURU got to draft a team.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:We had four teams of thirteen in the 11/12 division. I was suprised on the talent level that tried out it was much better than I expected.
I was impressed with the talent level as well.
I belive they will have a very competitive league and All-Star team!
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:For those who thought the league would not be open to all ask GURU who was in the draft and actually took part in it. If I'm not mistaken there was at least five paintsville kids in the 13-15 division and GURU got to draft a team.
Shocked the CRAP outa me!!! One minute I am outside getting ready to leave, and the next, I am in the draft room, putting together a team and hardly even watched the tryouts and never saw half the kids!!! I still think I did ok!!
For those that are wondering what happened, The Manager of the Yankees BRL team had to be watching tryouts of the softball for his team there and at the same time the draft for his BRL team was going on and he asked me to do his draft for him!
i dont see why they cant have both...personally i dont think that the Cal Ripken Leauge will last long..County has tried alot of these start up leauges and it always seems like some people get pissed off and go back to PLL and take alot of people with them. I also think that the county has their priorities micxed up the Cal Ripken Leauge seems to be more important than the HS team. I know it will be a rough year for the new leauge 2 feilds arent even gonna have lights.
The Guru Wrote:Shocked the CRAP outa me!!! One minute I am outside getting ready to leave, and the next, I am in the draft room, putting together a team and hardly even watched the tryouts and never saw half the kids!!! I still think I did ok!!
For those that are wondering what happened, The Manager of the Yankees BRL team had to be watching tryouts of the softball for his team there and at the same time the draft for his BRL team was going on and he asked me to do his draft for him!

Well, not only was Guru allowed to draft he was allowed to freeze 3 top picks in the draft. This looks like the Major League Yankees.. How much is that payroll going to be on this team Guru?:thatsfunn

I would have liked to have seen a few more kids come over and played BR, but it didn't happen. I would have liked to have seen Vance, Butcher and Sloan came over and played.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:For those who thought the league would not be open to all ask GURU who was in the draft and actually took part in it. If I'm not mistaken there was at least five paintsville kids in the 13-15 division and GURU got to draft a team.

I was told that only 3 kids from Paintsville tried out for BRL. I hardly think that 3 or 5 for that matter out of...what is 500...kids is a great involvment from kids form PLL. Good for Guru, I hope they make them feel welcome over there.
brotherinarms Wrote:i dont see why they cant have both...personally i dont think that the Cal Ripken Leauge will last long..County has tried alot of these start up leauges and it always seems like some people get pissed off and go back to PLL and take alot of people with them. I also think that the county has their priorities micxed up the Cal Ripken Leauge seems to be more important than the HS team. I know it will be a rough year for the new leauge 2 feilds arent even gonna have lights.

I agree with you. This has been tried before and failed....but I guess now there are different people involved for all the right reasons. Two fields aren't going to have lights? Which two?
Eagle89 Wrote:Well, not only was Guru allowed to draft he was allowed to freeze 3 top picks in the draft. This looks like the Major League Yankees.. How much is that payroll going to be on this team Guru?:thatsfunn

I would have liked to have seen a few more kids come over and played BR, but it didn't happen. I would have liked to have seen Vance, Butcher and Sloan came over and played.

I actually thought there would be more 15 year olds be there. And there might be a couple more sign up late, as some seem a little apprehensivet yet. And a couple didn't realize they had tryouts.

But anyway, we have to restructure a few salaries but the payroll will be alright.
When is the trade deadline??? There are still about 6 that the Yankees really have to have!!! LOL
The Guru Wrote:I actually thought there would be more 15 year olds be there. And there might be a couple more sign up late, as some seem a little apprehensivet yet. And a couple didn't realize they had tryouts.

But anyway, we have to restructure a few salaries but the payroll will be alright.
When is the trade deadline??? There are still about 6 that the Yankees really have to have!!! LOL

Trade deadline was Saturday...Gotta play with what you got... I guess you will have to hold those millions until year.....:letsparty
Eagle89 Wrote:Trade deadline was Saturday...Gotta play with what you got... I guess you will have to hold those millions until year.....:letsparty

So were you allowed to trade after the draft?
brotherinarms Wrote:i dont see why they cant have both...personally i dont think that the Cal Ripken Leauge will last long..County has tried alot of these start up leauges and it always seems like some people get pissed off and go back to PLL and take alot of people with them. I also think that the county has their priorities micxed up the Cal Ripken Leauge seems to be more important than the HS team. I know it will be a rough year for the new leauge 2 feilds arent even gonna have lights.

Try knowing what you are talking about before you make another stupid comment.

Kind of an ignorant comment coming from a kid that has not played baseball since Little League and has never even tried out for the high school baseball team and also a comment that he has absolutely no first hand knowledge of the history of anything that has ever taken place involving anything related to baseball at Johnson Central.
bigcountry Wrote:Try knowing what you are talking about before you make another stupid comment.

Kind of an ignorant comment coming from a kid that has not played baseball since Little League and has never even tried out for the high school baseball team and also a comment that he has absolutely no first hand knowledge of the history of anything that has ever taken place involving anything related to baseball at Johnson Central.
Outstanding post!
Can someone not know what's going on with a program even though they don't participate in it?

If I'm not mistaken the county once tried to have the Johnson County Bambino League I think it was called.
Gatortater Wrote:Can someone not know what's going on with a program even though they don't participate in it?

If I'm not mistaken the county once tried to have the Johnson County Bambino League I think it was called.
Maybe so, but not by this 16 year old kid anyways.

Gatortater, your agenda is very clear going all the way back to your very first post on here. Everything you have ever posted sounds very envious and very much like sour grapes to everyone.
bigcountry Wrote:Maybe so, but not by this 16 year old kid anyways.

Gatortater, your agenda is very clear going all the way back to your very first post on here. Everything you have ever posted sounds very envious and very much like sour grapes to everyone.

You've sure read me all wrong. Envious of who and what?
Gatortater Wrote:I agree with you. This has been tried before and failed....but I guess now there are different people involved for all the right reasons. Two fields aren't going to have lights? Which two?

Rookie division and T-Ball
bigcountry Wrote:Try knowing what you are talking about before you make another stupid comment.

What did he say that was out of line?
Im not sure which 2 i just know 2 of them wont have lights...bigcountry whats ur problem man u cant get pissed at ppl for puttin what thy think on a web site like this.
Gatortater Wrote:So were you allowed to trade after the draft?

No, that was just the Guru and I messing around. All 4 of the BRL teams are pretty even.
Here is my question/comments. The given reason for having the different league is to provide the chance for more kids tro play baseball. That sounds great! All for it!!! Now my question is: what will the local schools do when they have 200 kids show up for high school baseball? Also, I do not understand the demand for the extra/other league because its not like the LL program is turning kids away( someone noted the drop in numbers for LL)
Gatortater Wrote:I was told that only 3 kids from Paintsville tried out for BRL. I hardly think that 3 or 5 for that matter out of...what is 500...kids is a great involvment from kids form PLL. Good for Guru, I hope they make them feel welcome over there.

"3 or 5 for that matter out of...what is 500...kids is a great involvement from kids from PLL" (SARCASM) Just for everyones information, there were more than 3 or 5 out of 500 PLL kids switch over (actually the PLL numbers were a lot closer to almost 400 kids last year). Just as an example when pulling the team rosters for Cal Ripken take a look at the 9-10 year old division where there were 36 kids at this level that switched from last season at PLL. (TRUTH)
Does anyone know an actual total of kids playing in the two leagues?
What is PLL offering for 15/16 year olds? That's a valid question.
IISnakE Wrote:What is PLL offering for 15/16 year olds? That's a valid question.
They will have a team if enough kids can sign up.
To play a season or just to get in enough games to have an All Star team? If so, who is the coach?
IISnakE Wrote:To play a season or just to get in enough games to have an All Star team? If so, who is the coach?
Well probably both, if they play a season, they can have an All-Star team. Not sure yet on the coach. I'm sure that will be decided once there is enough for a team.
bigcountry Wrote:Maybe so, but not by this 16 year old kid anyways.

Envious and very much like sour grapes...Thats funny...Words can be taken the wrong way...Better make sure you know what you are talking about before you say something and get something started...

Don't speak for everyone, speak for yourself...If thats how other people feel let them say it...
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next