•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripkin or PLL...why not both?
bigcountry Wrote:Geesh, mine was just a question as well.

Lets face it, your problem has nothing to do with tax dollars at all does it?

It has everything to do with tax payer dollars and whether or not they are being used appropriately. And how is that a bad thing??? Contrary to what you might think, that is my ONLY concern.
Golden Eagle Wrote:Why do you care?

I live in this county and would like to know where my tax money goes. I also find it very interesting that everyone claims it isn't tied in with the BOED. It appears some toes have been stepped on evidently if one little question upsets you. *lol*
blackwidow Wrote:I live in this county and would like to know where my tax money goes. I also find it very interesting that everyone claims it isn't tied in with the BOED. It appears some toes have been stepped on evidently if one little question upsets you. *lol*
We all know why your so concerned don't we ? It's all about numbers and the last time I looked there's a big difference and that's why you and the rest of the big blue tiger lovers keep stirring this subject up. You and the rest of clan can't stand to see anything prosper that's outside of the tiger family.
Tax dollars my butt. You and the rest of the clan only want to keep something stirring when it comes to anything the county does. You can't stand it when the county schools or anything in the county prospers. One of you must be that idiot Charlie Daniels that wrote the editorial to the Herald complaining about the timing of this new league. Your goals are plain and simple and your only out to try to paint a dark cloud over everything the county does.
You better worry about your own affairs because from what I'm hearing you've got more problems that you can handle in your new football hire and not counting the ongoing feuds on your basketball team.
Who was it wearing that shirt at the Middle school game last week that said "Cal Ripken was a player" "Little League is a concept". I still don't understand that one.
For goodness sakes... stop making the other sides point with your posts... you're looking silly now!
Golden Eagle Wrote:We all know why your so concerned don't we ? It's all about numbers and the last time I looked there's a big difference and that's why you and the rest of the big blue tiger lovers keep stirring this subject up. You and the rest of clan can't stand to see anything prosper that's outside of the tiger family.
Tax dollars my butt. You and the rest of the clan only want to keep something stirring when it comes to anything the county does. You can't stand it when the county schools or anything in the county prospers. One of you must be that idiot Charlie Daniels that wrote the editorial to the Herald complaining about the timing of this new league. Your goals are plain and simple and your only out to try to paint a dark cloud over everything the county does.
You better worry about your own affairs because from what I'm hearing you've got more problems that you can handle in your new football hire and not counting the ongoing feuds on your basketball team.

:thatsfunn you're so cute....I didn't know I had a football team or a basketball team....gosh oh I hope I've got Lebron and Peyton on my side
Eagle89 Wrote:Who was it wearing that shirt at the Middle school game last week that said "Cal Ripken was a player" "Little League is a concept". I still don't understand that one.
I think it was the same guy that wrote the editorial. His son goes to Paintsville now but was attending Central Elementary when he started Little League. Also, his wife taught in the county school system. However, he has the right to send his son to any school, just as kids have the right to choose either league to play in. :Thumbs:
Golden Eagle Wrote:We all know why your so concerned don't we ? It's all about numbers and the last time I looked there's a big difference and that's why you and the rest of the big blue tiger lovers keep stirring this subject up. You and the rest of clan can't stand to see anything prosper that's outside of the tiger family.

I think the "tiger family" as you put it has prospered pretty well over many, many years. Perhaps you're the one with the envy and jealously problem. I have many friends and family that are in the county school system and surely want to see them to prosper in whatever arena. FYI, tax dollars have to be spent according to various rules and regulations, which is all I believe people are asking be done. You can believe whatever you wish....which obviously you have a one sided opinion with blinders on.

As far as to paint a dark cloud over everything the county does, I think they do a pretty good job of that themselves, without any assistance from the "tiger family". Perhaps you as well should worry about your own affairs....because I don't think it's fuedless across the creek either!!

I've heard from many people that there is already friction among the teams in CRL....playing young players until midnight, loading teams up with players of coaches so that they can win, not informing folks that they are unable to have all-stars their first year of existence (though I do understand they are hosting a tournament at the end of the season, but it's not "all-stars"). But as in any sport in Johnson, Floyd, Martin or Magoffin county, there is always going to be some sort of friction as long as there are adults involved. And in the end, unfortunately, it is the kids, the innocent, that suffer.
Quote from : Gatortator
Geesh, it was just a question. It is the public's understanding that this CRL is a separate entity from the Jo. Co. School System....so then why would Mr. Trimble have to be involved if Mr. Hurt is the president.

I want to try to answer this without making you mad at me. It seems this is a touchy subject for you and I mean NO HARM!
If I am not mistaken, Mr. trimble is one of the few people that helped to get the ball rolling on the whole CRL project. It was one of the last things that him and Mr. Orville Hamilton had discussed about ALL the kids of Johnson County(Paintsville included) according to his opening day speech. He has since stepped aside off the committee to complete the league.
Now would it be smart for anyone to just kick him to the side and not keep him in the know? This person has made a career of doing what is right for the kids of Johnson County and if when I get into a position to help kids to become the best they can be, I would most definately ask Mr. Trimble and Mr. Lyons their opinions.
Jason and Mr. Trimble have had a long friendship together as in any relationship that you develop through their careers.
If I am not mistaken Mr. Trimble, Mr. Whitaker, Mr. Ben Hamilton, along with several faculty members from the city schools coached in PLL while they held offices in the school system. Why is it such a hot topic now?
I mean if it is a money thing, I myself wouldn't care as long as it went to the youth of Johnson County and the city of Paintsville. The youth is the future.
I hope this doesn't upset anyone, but I'm sure it will.
A quick cure for that anger is to stop out and see all the kids playing at both sights this weekend and see the smiles on their faces, then step back and think why am I so upset over this topic?
Funny how the county folks have made the widder woman and her family welcome in the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth league ( and let them be a part of) and still all she wants to do is bash the county for every thing that they do, even when it is helping her son. The name has changed but the tune stays the same.
[QUOTE=Gatortater]It has everything to do with tax payer dollars and whether or not they are being used appropriately. And how is that a bad thing??? Contrary to what you might think, that is my ONLY concern.[/QUOTE

If this is in fact tax dollars paying for any of this, then whoever is spending them should be applauded for what they are doing. It's about time that our tax dollars are spent to the benefit of something ( particularly kids), rather than pouring them down a crawdad hole. I think I would much rather see 600 of our kids playing baseball than playing Xbox or running the roads , trying to find some kind of trouble to get into cruising the plaza, wouldn't you?

What a tormented soul you are showing yourself to be. There seems to be over 600 happy kids playing ball right now, and all your interested in doing is finding a fault in someone or something that is trying to make the community a better place. I saw about 3,000 people enjoying the festivities friday night. Yeah, it really looked they were a miserable , unhappy bunch.Rolleyes Get a life.
Quote:Originally posted by bigcountry
If this is in fact tax dollars paying for any of this, then whoever is spending them should be applauded for what they are doing. It's about time that our tax dollars are spent to the benefit of something ( particularly kids), rather than pouring them down a crawdad hole. I think I would much rather see 600 of our kids playing baseball than playing Xbox or running the roads , trying to find some kind of trouble to get into cruising the plaza, wouldn't you?

What a tormented soul you are showing yourself to be. There seems to be over 600 happy kids playing ball right now, and all your interested in doing is finding a fault in someone or something that is trying to make the community a better place. I saw about 3,000 people enjoying the festivities friday night. Yeah, it really looked they were a miserable , unhappy bunch.Rolleyes Get a life.

No one is saying it is wrong to spend tax dollars for the benifit of the county kids. BUT, the tax tax dollars that are in question are supposed to be spent towards the education of these kids, NOT, to spend it on a new youth baseball complex. Which also makes people (tax payers) ask why? Didn't we already have a youth baseball league, with three nice fields and has been around for over 50 years? If people are so worried about developing young boys and girls. Then why not use their energy to help bring these kids into the league that has already been there and is well know?
It is not just the "Tiger Family" that is upset. It is also a lot from the Eagle Nest that are upset with the situation also.
One of the main things that makes al lot of people stop and question is the perception that is given when this league was formed. From my understanding the leagues board consist of all the County Principals and a couple Vice Principals. ALL, Except Paintsville's two. I just fail to understand why split something that has done so well in the past? If people didn't like the way things were being run all they had to do was change it.
But, we could beat on this until we are dead and gone. Just let the kids play ball and enjoy themselves while they can.

Quote: Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
It's all about numbers and the last time I looked there's a big difference and that's why you and the rest of the big blue tiger lovers keep stirring this subject up.

Just for your info this thread was started by a county parent.
bigcountry Wrote:Funny how the county folks have made the widder woman and her family welcome in the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth league ( and let them be a part of) and still all she wants to do is bash the county for every thing that they do, even when it is helping her son. The name has changed but the tune stays the same.

*lmao*...if this is in reference to me then you're a bigger fool than I thought, because I don't have a son

I'm not sure where you get off thinking you can come on here and bad mouth anyone you choose, but then again I'm pretty certain you don't think too much so it isn't surprising actually, what does surprise me is that the moderators allow this to continue.

I think it's time to close this thread, both leagues are up and having games, so is there really a point in continuing really? If it's really about the kids playing ball then let them play ball and enjoy their summer and stop riding this dead horse.
Eagle89 Wrote:Who was it wearing that shirt at the Middle school game last week that said "Cal Ripken was a player" "Little League is a concept". I still don't understand that one.
It was probably the same butt kissing idiot that I talked about in my previous post.
Quote:
Just for your info this thread was started by a county parent.
Yes she is but she started the thread to find out why her kid couldn't play both which is a fair and honest question. The thread went south when some of the big blue tiger buddies got on here to stir some crap which in most cases is all there good for.
Ridge Runner Wrote:It is not just the "Tiger Family" that is upset. It is also a lot from the Eagle Nest that are upset with the situation also.

Name them. It's easy to come on here and spout off so name the people that's upset from the "Eagle Nest".
[QUOTE=blackwidow]*lmao*...if this is in reference to me then you're a bigger fool than I thought, because I don't have a son

Yeah, Sure.

I'm not sure where you get off thinking you can come on here and bad mouth anyone you choose, but then again I'm pretty certain you don't think too much so it isn't surprising actually, what does surprise me is that the moderators allow this to continue.

I think it's time to close this thread, both leagues are up and having games, so is there really a point in continuing really? If it's really about the kids playing ball then let them play ball and enjoy their summer and stop riding this dead horse.
Then why dont you and gator try doing just that very thing.

THOMCAT Wrote:I think it was the same guy that wrote the editorial. His son goes to Paintsville now but was attending Central Elementary when he started Little League. Also, his wife taught in the county school system. However, he has the right to send his son to any school, just as kids have the right to choose either league to play in. :Thumbs:

Thank you for your insight. I was very curious who would hold a grudge enough to wear such a shirt. I still don't understand his concept of the shirt.
OK....I would like to clear a few things up on here.
I think everyone knows who I am....and some might know who my wife is, but I have a feeling that BC might be thinking a little off-base.
Yes there are people that are upset that a new league was formed and that PLL has taken a big hit from it. However, these posters are not representing Paintsville High School. PHS could care less about CRL. If you want to refer to these posters as anything, refer to them as PLL parents or faithful or whatever, but I assure you that there posts about CRL, are from their affiliation with PLL.
Although many don't want to believe it, PLL and PHS are not associated. Sure they have connections, but that is only because it is a small community. Can anyone tell me what teacher or BOE member from Paintsville is on, or was on the board of the PLL?
The last one I can think of was maybe David Rice. He coached the Dodgers when his son Adam(whom is now in like his 3rd year at EKU)played. I am not even sure he was on the board at PLL. Bob Lyons was President of PLL and a coach and board member for years befor becoming an asst. coach at PHS. I would venture to guess that there have been more teachers and administration from Johnson Co School coaching and on the board at PLL in the last 10-15 years than there ever has been from PHS.
Now, just a personal observation on my part. I am glad to be a part of Babe Ruth, I feel honored. Don't take me wrong, but I believe that it will take years and many of them for CRL/BRL to be a success. I am not talking about just the number of kids that are playing, that number is phenominal. But I do know that the actual number of kids that really want to play is much lower. Their are kids on my own team that said that they could care less about baseball. If CRL/BRL can hold these same numbers for 4-5 years, then I would call it a success. But IMO, I feel several that came out to see what the fuss was over, will not be back, and will just be sitting on the couch eating fritos. But at least they had the chance, and that is a good thing.
Now, the biggest complaint I have heard from parents of PLL is this.....Why didn't they just put a fourth of their effort into making PLL even better? Better for all.
That one, I can't explain or answer.
Hope I have not offended anyone, just trying to clear a few of my view up on here.
Eagle89 Wrote:Thank you for your insight. I was very curious who would hold a grudge enough to wear such a shirt. I still don't understand his concept of the shirt.
OK, even though I know you know....
Little League was a concept of starting a youth organization to get youngsters playing organized baseball. This way they could have proper instruction of the game. And of coarse it woked wonderfully.
Cal Ripkin was started for I guess the same reason, just that people thought they could do just as good a job maybe better. But they gave it a name from an actual baseball player.
Thus the shirt....
CAL RIPKEN WAS A BASEBALL PLAYER.....
LITTLE LEAGUE IS A CONCEPT

In other words, CRL is just a copycat league.
LL was the idea.
Golden Eagle Wrote:Name them. It's easy to come on here and spout off so name the people that's upset from the "Eagle Nest".

See, this is the difference between you and I. I will NOT, have NOT and NEVER will get on hear and start sling peoples names around. :dontthink Yes , I did mention Steve Trimble earlier. But, I was just asking a question. NOT, bashing the man.
As for spouting off at the mouth. You need to stop and look in the mirror. I am NOT the one on hear calling people out by name and flat out calling them an "idiot" as you did.Rolleyes

All I did was state a fact and even if I did name names. What are you going to do, go to them and ask them? Well, What do you think they will say then? I know what. They will deny it. It is like this. No matter where some people are, they will never be happy. And this is a fact, as you will see.
If I offended you, I am sorry. I was just stating the truth and sometimes the truth does hurt.
Ok, once again I have to post in total agreement with the Guru on his thoughts. He's right. In the last 15 years of watching PLL, I have seen more coaches come from the county school system than the city. There are kids in CR that are just there because parents are making them be there, and, some of the "Pville people" have been less than welcome. But let me say this: I am in SUPPORT of PLL AND CR.
In the Know Wrote:Ok, once again I have to post in total agreement with the Guru on his thoughts. He's right. In the last 15 years of watching PLL, I have seen more coaches come from the county school system than the city. There are kids in CR that are just there because parents are making them be there, and, some of the "Pville people" have been less than welcome. But let me say this: I am in SUPPORT of PLL AND CR.

Who from Paintsville do you think has been unwelcomed and why? You can PM me with you answer. I am curious, I haven't seen it, but I would like to know about it.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)