Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Pitcher in the 15th Region?
Who is it?
#30 on SCHS is lookin pretty good but I think that Hazard is good
the best softball pitcher in the 15th is Cortney Bently of Shelby Valley without a doubt!
Courtney Bentley. She is the best pitcher that I have faced (in this Region).
Courtney Bentley is the best in the 15th with Natalie Gooch and the girl from East Ridge close behind...

Those are the top 3 for sure...
"alfus21" Wrote:Courtney Bentley is the best in the 15th with Natalie Gooch and the girl from East Ridge close behind...

Dead on...JC has a decent pitcher and a younger one that throws hard...needs control.
Jodi Yates is the pitcher from East Ridge!
Sounds good what about everyone else?
1)Bentley - SV
2) Gooch - Pikeville
3) Yates - ER
Jodi Yates from ER!
"softballer17" Wrote:1)Bentley - SV
2) Gooch - Pikeville
3) Yates - ER

:thumb:
from playing against the 15th region last year i faced all the great pitchers.... no question they are 3 great pitchers and all three throw the ball different ways... cortney has the speed... gooch has great movement... and jodi can make people swing 5 times on her change up.... its going to be fun to watch these 3 battle it out this year
Sf:Trista Dameron
Courtney bentley yyyyeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh she will could put anyone out!
jodi yates is one of the best i mean she has gotten faster what i saw but sv and pikeville have probley got fast too so i dont know its one of them 3
Cool
From ER Jodie Yates is definitley great. But Samantha Smith from ER is awful good herself.
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=19676.msg190453#msg190453 date=1140488067]
Courtney Bentley is the best in the 15th with Natalie Gooch and the girl from East Ridge close behind...

[/quote]

That's Cortney Bentley, and I'm concerned that her arm has been overworked in the past 5 years. (6 years?)
[quote author=schs_catcher#3 link=topic=19676.msg210125#msg210125 date=1142215327]
[quote author=Maui Nick link=topic=19676.msg210080#msg210080 date=1142213432]
[quote author=alfus21 link=topic=19676.msg190453#msg190453 date=1140488067]

[/quote]

That's Cortney Bentley, and I'm concerned that her arm has been overworked in the past 5 years. (6 years?)
[/quote]

What would make you think that she overworked it?
[/quote]

Because for most of that time, she's been Valley's only legitimate varsity pitching option.
Cortney's arm is fine to the best of my knowledge and she's pumped and ready to play.
Bentleys arm is fine. Proper mechanics is the key to not having arm problems , and she probably has the best mechanics in the region .
[quote author=schs_catcher#3 link=topic=19676.msg193294#msg193294 date=1140651030]
Someone give me like the top ten PLEASE!
[/quote]
There aren't 10 good pitchers in the 15th.  The only schools who have taken the time to develop pitching are SV, Pikeville, East Ridge, Johnson Central and Paintsville.  Personally speaking, I would say you could add SV's Ashleigh Stanley and East Ridge's Samantha Smith to the list at 4 and 5.  Stanley is only a sophomore and she can throw.  Smith is a senior at ER, but if called upon she would do a nice job on the mound.
bently will become the new state record holder in games won this year.however because she is from eastern ky she does not get the recognition statewide that she deserves.
[quote author=dawgbyte01 link=topic=19676.msg211390#msg211390 date=1142381137]
bently will become the new state record holder in games won this year.however because she is from eastern ky she does not get the recognition statewide that she deserves.
[/quote]

She was honorable mention all-state as a sophomore and 2nd team all-state last season in 2A softball.  Also, she was voted sectional player of the year for 13-16 regions last season, played in the East/West All-Star games this summer, and has been named to the Kentucky 5-star classic and Lowe's Sporting Goods All tournament teams various times.  I haven't seen SV's schedule this season, but in the past they have played a number of games down state.  Trust me...coaches down state know who she is!
i don't know how you get C.B from Sv is the best pitcher she has been there V pitcher when she was in the 6th grade and she hasn't changed a bit
[quote author=smiles link=topic=19676.msg212594#msg212594 date=1142556710]
i don't know how you get C.B from Sv is the best pitcher she has been there V pitcher when she was in the 6th grade and she hasn't changed a bit
[/quote] Rolleyes
I was just wondering how you can say that only a few teams have developed pitchers and leave a team like Belfry out. I have heard that the new coach at Belfry has been behind the little league taken over the softball leagues for girls ages 9-15 this year. This coach will develop some pitching at Belfry this year and they are young and talented. They will struggle early with pitching but beware in the post-season once they gel together!!!!!!!!!!!