Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle School Statewide Preview
KGB 28 Wrote:That's right, IHM, made the championship game last year. Easy to forget since they opted not to show up for the game - for volleyball I heard? Just not right.
But IHM does deserve credit for fielding a strong team with their small school size.
Connor 8th grade girls not as unstoppable this year with two girls moving up to HS.

True the 7th graders did not make it to the Championship game. The reasons weren't as clear cut as "not showing for volleyball." That was the first year they organized the tourney that way- and the IHM volleyball team (on which many of the bball girls play) had paid for a rather expensive tourney not knowing this landed on the same day. The coach tried to work w/ the NSMSL to reschedule but to no avail- even though they later granted a reschedule for someone else.
Coach K, thats because most of the posters on here are east of Lexington. There are a few of us on here closer to the Frankfort/Lawrenceburg area and a few west, but the majority are east and north. However, feel free to post your opinions and help add to this area and get some recognition for the 11th and surrounding schools, I know it would be appreciated.
bball_fan Wrote:guess i could do the 15th region, though i not will only mention names because i do not know much about certain teams in the region but know they have some really good players.

1.louisa
2.pikeville
3.betsy layne
4.paintsville
5.maggoffin county
6.dorton
7.johnson central
8.south floyd
9.martin county
10.adams

as for players, i can tell you mostly about pike and floyd county (in alphabetic order by school) but do not know very much about martin, johnson, maggoffin and lawrence counties.

Dalton frazier - adams
dalton meade - betsy layne
kory stevens - betsy layne
andrew tackett - betsy layne
hunter swendell - dorton
logan newsome - mullins
zach tackett - south floyd
chandler rowe - virgie

i know louisa has some really good players, so does paintsville. Johnson central is always going to have some talent and martin county still has the point guard who started last year as a 6th grader. Maggoffin probably has the best team they have had in years. And i'm sure i left some people out of pike and floyd county.
zach hall south floyd
Some good 8th gradeplayers in Pike County.
Teddy Smith-Johns Creek
Hunter Swindall-Dorton
Zack Tackett-Dorton
Cody Charles-Pikeville
Cameron Potter-Millard
Trey Little-Elkhorn
Ryder Johnson-Pikeville
Steven Silvers-Pikeville
Hunter Clark-Mullin
Blake Wallace-Mullins
Belfry has some good players just dont know names.
Chandler Rowe-Virgie
Donovan Layne-Virgie
All of these boys are very good players but let's not leave out Elkhorn cause they have a few good eight graders too.
bluedad1 Wrote:That was the first year they organized the tourney that way- and the IHM volleyball team (on which many of the bball girls play) had paid for a rather expensive tourney not knowing this landed on the same day. The coach tried to work w/ the NSMSL to reschedule but to no avail-.

Heard about that. Kids are busy these days! Just left a lot folks scratching their heads. Opt out of a Regional championship game? For volleyball? This is Kentucky, you know! Even way up north in Boone County !

That game was scheduled months ahead of time, as it is this year. Pretty tough to re-schedule a six game event at a high school on a Saturday. So, let your volleyball coach know - no VB games February 25th - that is, if you think your girls want to be there. Otherwise, don't play in the tournament at all.
1. Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. Louisa
4. Dorton
5. John's Creek
6. Johnson Central
7. Betsy Layne
8. Inez (Martin Co.)
9. Harold Whitaker (Magoffin Co.)
10. Belfry

Honorable mentioned:
South Floyd, Adams, Virgie, Mullins

Top Players:

Teddy Smith-John's Creek
Steven Silver-Pikeville
Trenton Russell-Harold Whitaker
Hunter Swindell-Dorton
Blaine May-Pikeville

Thats my top 5 players in the region if there is more please post on here.
Mullins tigers are having a good season!
Pike County has really talented players this year here Is my rankings (not in order)
Blaine may - pikeville ( shooter )
Steven silvers - pikeville ( works hard and talented wing play for his size)
Cody Charles - pikeville ( all around player, very athletic)
Chandler Rowe - virgie ( floor general at uch a young age)
Trey Little - Elkorn (good shooter, ball handler but sometimes try's to do to much
Hunter Clark - Mullins ( good shooter, has good court vision)
Logan Newsome - Mullins ( good post moves under the basket, can also be moved to the 3 position and has a good midrange jumpshot at about 6feet tall
Blake Wallace - Mullins ( rebounding machine! Long lanky about 6'2 strong inside
Hunter swiindal ( excuse my spelling ) - dortan ( can play any position and is strong in the paint as well be moved to a guard
Teddy Smith- johns creek ( Long and lanky inside can be moved to a small forward like Newsome and swindle, good mid range jumper, rebounds well due to his vertical.

Teddy Smith - johns creek
Matt Tournmire johns creek
bball_fan Wrote:Guess I could do the 15th region, though I not will only mention names because I do not know much about certain teams in the region but know they have some really good players.

1.Louisa
2.Pikeville
3.Betsy Layne
4.Paintsville
5.Maggoffin County
6.Dorton
7.Johnson Central
8.South Floyd
9.Martin County
10.Adams

As for players, I can tell you mostly about Pike and Floyd County (in alphabetic order by school) but do not know very much about Martin, Johnson, Maggoffin and Lawrence Counties.

Dalton Frazier - Adams
Dalton Meade - Betsy Layne
Kory Stevens - Betsy Layne
Andrew Tackett - Betsy Layne
Hunter Swendell - Dorton
Logan Newsome - Mullins
Zach Tackett - South Floyd
Chandler Rowe - Virgie

I know Louisa has some really good players, so does Paintsville. Johnson Central is always going to have some talent and Martin County still has the point guard who started last year as a 6th grader. Maggoffin probably has the best team they have had in years. And I'm sure I left some people out of Pike and Floyd County.

Zach Hall - South Floyd
9th region/Nky 8th grade boys - Ockerman playing very strong. They just won Christmas tournament, defeating several good nky teams, including Blessed Sacrament. Those two and possibly Holmes, best of 9th region.
I have noticed this too???