Sebastian
June Buchanan
Johnson County
Whitesburg
South Laurel
North Laurel
A.B. Combs
Pineville
I'll try to keep updates going as I plan to attend several of these games this weekend...:thumb:
Virgie, Rose Hill, and Ockerman are thought to be 3 of the favorites for the title...
"alfus21" Wrote:Virgie, Rose Hill, and Ockerman are thought to be 3 of the favorites for the title...

Rose Hill is not playing in the tournament
Yes they are..They don't play on Friday though for some reason, but they play Saturday meaning that one loss means they're out...Rose Hill & Ockerman both can't play on Friday, but are both in the tournament...
"alfus21" Wrote:Yes they are..They don't play on Friday though for some reason, but they play Saturday meaning that one loss means they're out...Rose Hill & Ockerman both can't play on Friday, but are both in the tournament...

They are on the schedule but personnel at KBA stated that Rose Hill pulled out of the Middle School State Tournament due to a Varsity game against Ashland in the district tournament. Since 3 of the 8th graders at Rose Hill start and play varsity, the coach wanted them to rest over the weekend instead of playing all day Saturday and Sunday right before the Ashland game. Apparently there is a HUGE rivalry between Rose Hill and Ashland.

From what I hear, the brackets may change due to Rose Hill dropping out of the tournament.
i would love to see Virgie yet again win this one and it is very very likely they will...
Virgie keeps producing a great middle school team and not to piss anyone off but how could they not when there players are consistantly holdbacks?
if you look at this years team none of them are really "over" age
Haha, 'bout time.
lol haha
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:if you look at this years team none of them are really "over" age

I believe there are several that are considered "hold backs" Taylor Newsome, Ashley Hatfield, Tyler Newsome etc.
what are their ages i really do not see the big deal in it all b/c every kid has the oppurtunity to stay back...Plus Hatfield originaly went to Phelps...
"thetribe" Wrote:Virgie keeps producing a great middle school team and not to piss anyone off but how could they not when there players are consistantly holdbacks?

All the other schools have at least a couple of holdbacks as well, so why don't they compete for the state championship?
good luck JC
"alfus21" Wrote:All the other schools have at least a couple of holdbacks as well, so why don't they compete for the state championship?

Believe me I have zero problem with the holdbacks, but 11 is not a couple.

Dorton - 1
Belfry - 1
Elkhorn City - 2

I have no clue about Pikeville's

That being said I hope Virgie brings it back to the Mountains:#1:
I'm thinking Pikeville has 3 or 4, but I'm not too sure...People can say that Greg Newsome always has the talent to win at Virgie, but when I was in 8th grade, we had zero (0) holdbacks and went 24-1 on our way to winning the county championship...People can say he does it with "holdbacks" but he's done it without them before..
"alfus21" Wrote:I'm thinking Pikeville has 3 or 4, but I'm not too sure...People can say that Greg Newsome always has the talent to win at Virgie, but when I was in 8th grade, we had zero (0) holdbacks and went 24-1 on our way to winning the county championship...People can say he does it with "holdbacks" but he's done it without them before..

I agree, I don't care if those kids are 12 or 15, someone teaches them fundamentals and how to play.

Greg is a great fundamentals coach and I hear he is going to be in the 60th district real soon as an Asst.........and maybe not at PC
Adams is playing in the tournament and are already in the second round and play the loser of clinton county and A.B. Combs.
Adams is playing in the tournament and are already in the second round and play the loser of clinton county and A.B. Combs.
Should be some good games at the tournament...
Teams that could win it all:
Scott Co.
Virgie (Pike Co.)
Ockerman (Boone Co.)
Henderson South (Henderson Co.)
Winburn (Lexington)
Gray (Boone Co.)
Meyzeek (Louisville)
Farnsley (Louisville)
Sebastian (Breathitt Co.)
Jessie Clark (Lexington)
"steelcitypower" Wrote:Adams is playing in the tournament and are already in the second round and play the loser of clinton county and A.B. Combs.

I hear that Adams and BLES are both planning caravans to Lexington. Any idea what time the buses are rolling out for either team?
I think Betsy Layne plays Gray on friday. I have no idea what time their buses leave. Adams leaves at 8 A.M. on Saturday morning.
isnt Allen Central going to the MS state tourney
Some scores from Friday...

Virgie 62 - Southern(Lexington) 40
Dorton 56 - Cumberland County 52
RG Eversole 45 - Mason County 37
Gray 50 - Betsy Layne 42
Moss 54 - Pikeville 49
June Buchanan 50 - Graves County 44
Saturday games...
Virgie VS. Russel County
Winburn VS. Betsy Layne
Adams VS. Clinton County
Pikeville VS. Corbin
AB Combs VS. Southern
Dorton VS. Anderson County/Caldwell County winner
Some high scoreres from Fridays games...

Taylor Newsome(Virgie) - 29 points
Elisha Justice(Dorton) - 27 points
Cody Varney (Dorton) - 23 points
Houston McAnallen(Pikeville) - 19 points
[QUOTE="NEXT"]Believe me I have zero problem with the holdbacks, but 11 is not a couple.

Dorton - 1
Belfry - 1
Elkhorn City - 2

I have no clue about Pikeville's

That being said I hope Virgie brings it back to the Mountains:#1:[/QUOTE

YES Lets go Virgie!

Belfrys holdback was also done when he was in like the 3rd grade, so it wasn't just a sports thing! He's the right age for an 8th grader now. I think that makes a difference too.