Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky-30 Mississippi-13
Cats did surprise me with the way they finished the game yesterday, it was good to see for a change
The difference isn't the tailback and quarterback. The difference is the Offensive line finally getting to the point where the should have been without the injuries. And receivers catching passes. These are things most Kentucky fans don't realise because they are too basketball crazy, but our O-line whipped ole miss so bad it wasn't even funny.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The difference isn't the tailback and quarterback. The difference is the Offensive line finally getting to the point where the should have been without the injuries. And receivers catching passes. These are things most Kentucky fans don't realise because they are too basketball crazy, but our O-line whipped ole miss so bad it wasn't even funny.
I don't agree the ball is coming out of Smiths hands quicker he throws a accurate ball that is in time with the WR's. Newton often threw late or high and never seemed to be in rythme. Now that the ball is coming out quick that opposing Defense can't focus on just stopping the run and rushing the passer, they have to defend the whole field now. The O-line did play better but if Newton had been back there they would have gave up a bunch of sacks. Also the new tail back is hitting the hole much quicker than the others did. I like Clemons though he played well for a freshmen. I think Joker stuck with Newton as long as he did because Newtons bro is verbal commitment and rated a 3 star D-linemen but would be a 4 or 5 star guy if not a 2 sport guy.
Newtons done.
I wouldnt be surprised to see him at tight end or something next year, if he even stays.
He'll never be that starting QB at UK if we want to win football games.

He never should have gotten the shot over Moss.
But he is Jokers boy and well i guess what he does under the desk is between them too, it just looks like he missed his appointment this week...
honestjchsfan Wrote: I don't agree the ball is coming out of Smiths hands quicker he throws a accurate ball that is in time with the WR's. Newton often threw late or high and never seemed to be in rythme. Now that the ball is coming out quick that opposing Defense can't focus on just stopping the run and rushing the passer, they have to defend the whole field now. The O-line did play better but if Newton had been back there they would have gave up a bunch of sacks. Also the new tail back is hitting the hole much quicker than the others did. I like Clemons though he played well for a freshmen. I think Joker stuck with Newton as long as he did because Newtons bro is verbal commitment and rated a 3 star D-linemen but would be a 4 or 5 star guy if not a 2 sport guy.

The only problem with what you say is that there were not any holes for the running backs at the beginning of the season.

It is actually the opposite now teams can't sit back in coverage they have to respect our run presence. When your line is good your team is good, and your team is only as good as your line. As a JCHS fan you should appreciate this you guys have great lines hence why all those backs look so good. It works the same way at the college level. The improvement you are seeing on offense is 80% line, and 20% better qb. Add in receivers catching the football, and the fact we have two go to guys out wide then you can see why this team is coming together.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The only problem with what you say is that there were not any holes for the running backs at the beginning of the season.

It is actually the opposite now teams can't sit back in coverage they have to respect our run presence. When your line is good your team is good, and your team is only as good as your line. As a JCHS fan you should appreciate this you guys have great lines hence why all those backs look so good. It works the same way at the college level. The improvement you are seeing on offense is 80% line, and 20% better qb. Add in receivers catching the football, and the fact we have two go to guys out wide then you can see why this team is coming together.
I agree the line is playing better but the timing and rhyhme of the Offensive has been much better with Smith at QB. Newton never could hit that crossing route that has been UK's bread & butter for years. The O-line has finally got healthy and is playing as a unit. I think the line has been sparked by Smith's play, those guys have played ball all their lives and they know a QB when they see one. IMO I think Newton's is done at QB at UK. Smith is a freshmen and Twoles is coming in next year. I think it really hurt Newton when he didn't get to redshirt his freshmen year. That was Brook's call to go with Newton instead of the SR back-up. Anyway I am just glad to see UK get a win in the SEC. I think they will beat Vandy.
I agree that Max Smith should be the QB the rest of the way. He earned it with his steady play yesterday, and I don't think it's any coincidence that you didn't see all those drops by the receivers. Smith just throws a catchable ball.

But, as was mentioned above, the O-line has to get the credit for finally playing up to their potential. Earlier in the year, there weren't any holes for the backs to run through. Josh Clemons is extremely talented, but when there's nowhere to go, there's nowhere to go. CoShik is a nice guy to have in case of an injury, but as soon as Clemons is healthy, I want him out there starting.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You give someone like Clemons a inch of daylight and he is gone. He is gonna be the next Locke.
^

I'm high on Clemons. I like our future, that JOKER, tee and staff have brought in.
MVP2 Wrote:^

I'm high on Clemons. I like our future, that JOKER, tee and staff have brought in.

The talent level in the freshman and sophomore class is beyond anything we have had in a long time.
That Freshmen Fullback has improved a lot since the first of the year. That is helping the running game some too. Clemons, Smith and the FB have all got a lot of playing time this year. A few O and D linemen have got some important playing time too. I wasn't a fan of UK giving the job to Joker but he is UK's coach and I am going to support him now. UK looked awful on Offense at the first of the year but they have improved a lot. I am not sure how this year's D compares to last year's Stat wise but they have improved a lot. UK's D-line is young and could really be a force in the future. It would be crazy to fire Joker now.
honestjchsfan Wrote:That Freshmen Fullback has improved a lot since the first of the year. That is helping the running game some too. Clemons, Smith and the FB have all got a lot of playing time this year. A few O and D linemen have got some important playing time too. I wasn't a fan of UK giving the job to Joker but he is UK's coach and I am going to support him now. UK looked awful on Offense at the first of the year but they have improved a lot. I am not sure how this year's D compares to last year's Stat wise but they have improved a lot. UK's D-line is young and could really be a force in the future. It would be crazy to fire Joker now.

Exactly, this year is bad but this is the brightest the future has looked in a long time.
Is Clemons out for the year?
honestjchsfan Wrote:Is Clemons out for the year?

Yes