Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central and Magoffin???
y didnt JCHS schedule a game against Magoffin this season?? it figures they would enjoy beating us, r is it that Magoffin held the Eagles last year to a close game until the 4 inning were Larry Perkins' arm was starting to get tired. or is it that central is mad because they drew paintsville in the tournament and got beat out the first round? or maybe that central lost the majority of their players this year and are afraid of a large loss against Magoffin Big Grin.
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:y didnt JCHS schedule a game against Magoffin this season?? it figures they would enjoy beating us, r is it that Magoffin held the Eagles last year to a close game until the 4 inning were Larry Perkins' arm was starting to get tired. or is it that central is mad because they drew paintsville in the tournament and got beat out the first round? or maybe that central lost the majority of their players this year and are afraid of a large loss against Magoffin Big Grin.

no,no,no. There are your answers!
What crazy things to say....and to follow up with what Eagle Eye said, NO NO NO...There's your answers...I know Magoffin Co. is bad for cancelling games for no reason...Last season they cancelled Shelby Valley twice on sunny days for no reason...No wonder they had a decent record..They played Elliot County 4 times, and South Floyd 4 times....
lol man face it man Johsnon Central didnt schdule Magoffin county becuase they are afriad they will get beat this year, cnetral basically has nothing to fall back on and will not hav anything to fall back on for a couple years
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:lol man face it man Johsnon Central didnt schdule Magoffin county becuase they are afriad they will get beat this year, cnetral basically has nothing to fall back on and will not hav anything to fall back on for a couple years

Our jv beat your varsity a couple of years ago. Afraid MC would beat us this year? Thanks for the comedy relief though! I needed it!:BigLaugh: :BigLaugh:
lol yea a couple years ago, we had our heads stuck up our butts and did not know the funalmentals of the game, but still u all didnt shedule a game lol thats kinda like a dog running away with his tail tucked behind his legs if u ask me
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:lol man face it man Johsnon Central didnt schdule Magoffin county becuase they are afriad they will get beat this year, cnetral basically has nothing to fall back on and will not hav anything to fall back on for a couple years
When your gutless coach decides to grow a spine and vote for district seeding instead of drawing I think you might see a game between the two. Until then, I highly doubt it. Evidently he is the one that is scared because he just doesn't think that his program is capable of beating Johnson Central or Paintsville either one. Play when it means something, then you can spout off.
"Dolphinsfan" Wrote:When your gutless coach decides to grow a spine and vote for district seeding instead of drawing I think you might see a game between the two. Until then, I highly doubt it. Evidently he is the one that is scared because he just doesn't think that his program is capable of beating Johnson Central or Paintsville either one. Try growing a set and play when it means something, then you can spout off.
dude im not talking about the tournament im talking abuot in the season
Come on Magoffin County guys, get real...I promise that if you play Johnson Central this year anytime they will steamroll you...They probably don't have time to schedule such a weak team because they are too busy preparing for regional tournament....And to you all, that's what happens after the district tournament...:thumb: If you didnt know what that was...
"alfus21" Wrote:Come on Magoffin County guys, get real...I promise that if you play Johnson Central this year anytime they will steamroll you...They probably don't have time to schedule such a weak team because they are too busy preparing for regional tournament....And to you all, that's what happens after the district tournament...:thumb: If you didnt know what that was...

Confusederved: Nice post

If that is what you think then have a talk with someone about it and get the game scheduled and we'll see who wins. The only reason that Magoffin County held Johnson Central to 6 runs is because of the umpire behind the plate. He called one of the worse games I have ever seen called. You couldn't tell what was a strike and if it was a ball that wasn't even close to the plate then it was still a possible strike. A strike on the outside corner was actually about 6 inches off the plate and explain to me how a player is supposed to hit that. The umpire even called a kid out on Johnson Centrals team after only two pitches!!! So anytime Magoffin wants to play JC tell them to come on over!!!!

Confusederved:
"Dolphinsfan" Wrote:When your gutless coach decides to grow a spine and vote for district seeding instead of drawing I think you might see a game between the two. Until then, I highly doubt it. Evidently he is the one that is scared because he just doesn't think that his program is capable of beating Johnson Central or Paintsville either one. Try growing a set and play when it means something, then you can spout off.

You need to grow up!

Why would you even start this thread? You have to know that whenever Magoffin and JC play each other JC will win. Johnson Central doesn't even throw their best pitcher against you and we still mercy you.

Magoffin must have the best art department in the state! You all won't do anything but draw! SC is catching up though! You are teaching them too much!

If a win or loss don't go toward seeding in the district, why play someone that hasn't challenged us for as long as I know! When is your last victory against the baseball eagles?

I guess we should've drawn for the district this year and the next two in girls basketball? How stupid would that be?:Hammer3:
"EKYMAMA" Wrote:You need to grow up!

:omg: :lmao: :help:
"EKYMAMA" Wrote:You need to grow up!
Yeah right!!!!And this is coming from the person that stoops so low that they bash their own schools cheerleaders?

What I said is fact there BIG MOMMA.
"jchsrulz" Wrote:Magoffin must have the best art department in the state! You all won't do anything but draw! SC is catching up though! You are teaching them too much!

If a win or loss don't go toward seeding in the district, why play someone that hasn't challenged us for as long as I know! When is your last victory against the baseball eagles?

I guess we should've drawn for the district this year and the next two in girls basketball? How stupid would that be?:Hammer3:
And worse than that. Our newcomer in the 15th region up in Lawrence Co. apparently has been drinking the same chicken soup as Mike Hall and Gibson.
"Dolphinsfan" Wrote:And worse than that. Our newcomer in the 15th region up in Lawrence Co. apparently has been drinking the same chicken soup as Mike Hall and Gibson.

man what balls...2 years ago when district was at JC, we drew sheldon and JC drew P-ville...JC cried around untile they got magoffin and p-ville got sc...all they wanted was for jc and p-ville to play in the champ. game.. come on even the radion ppl; from jc was sayin it was an awful called game(p-ville and sc) and you call the 3 of us chickins?!:omg: :wtf1:
"Dolphinsfan" Wrote:Yeah right!!!!And this is coming from the person that stoops so low that they bash their own schools cheerleaders?

What I said is fact there BIG MOMMA.

who cares bout cheerleaders this is BASEBALL...GROW UP!!!!!!!!!
"Saleen_Insanity" Wrote:y didnt JCHS schedule a game against Magoffin this season?? it figures they would enjoy beating us, r is it that Magoffin held the Eagles last year to a close game until the 4 inning were Larry Perkins' arm was starting to get tired. or is it that central is mad because they drew paintsville in the tournament and got beat out the first round? or maybe that central lost the majority of their players this year and are afraid of a large loss against Magoffin Big Grin.

to make it better it wasnt only close...jc didnt score untile the 4th....i have to agree....it doesnt look good that they wont play magoffin...what is up wit that...most teams will jump at the chance for an easy win( goin by what every one says) even in the pros.....
This has to be the most ignorant thread in the short history of this site. Why would Johnson Central be scared to play the mighty Hornets from Magoffin in baseball when they have out scored them in the last four seasons by a total of 92-4? I mean come on people use some common sense for a change! Only in Magoffin would people be happy with a 6-0 shut out loss against one of the best programs in the 15th, but I guess when your use to getting embarrassed it would be some sort of a victory. JC pitched there number 6 pitcher last year(JD Plummer) and you still couldn't get a run off of him. Heck I don't think that Magoffin had a runner advance past second. On the other hand Magoffin pitches there number one and still gets beat 6-0.

I don't blame Shawn one bit for not playing Magoffin. Johnson Central's middle school would present more of a challenge to the high school team than Magoffin would. Why would anybody in the 15th be afraid to play Magoffin in baseball? Why is there so much talk about a team that hasn't even been to the regional tournament in the past 10-15 years? Heck! Has Magoffin ever been to a regional tournament in baseball?

P.S.
Good grief use a spell check for once!
"wamiller25" Wrote:to make it better it wasnt only close...jc didnt score untile the 4th....i have to agree....it doesnt look good that they wont play magoffin...what is up wit that...most teams will jump at the chance for an easy win( goin by what every one says) even in the pros.....
Great thoughts from someone that cant even put 3 or 4 words together to make a complete sentence that anybody can read and understand.Smile

I hope that Johnson Central never plays Magoffin Co. Those are some really boring games to watch. Most of the time JC's lineup consists of 7th and 8th graders when they play Magoffin, and then their embasols want to get on here and make a big deal out of holding JC's middle school team to 6 runs. WOW!!!. Easy wins dont help your team get better for one reason. It's a shame that the best two teams in the district have to play each other in the opening round and one not get to advance to the regional tournament, and it's all because that a couple of cluckers at SC and MC dont have the guts to play in the tournament according to the merits that they earn in the regular season. And now you've got Lawrence sitting in the henhouse with the other two. Take Pikeville out of the equation and Central and Paintsville would meet in the regional finals 9 years out of 10. That's the real shame.

What I dont understand is why Mike Hall is so scared, he has had a few good teams the last few years even winning the 57th three years ago. Lawrence has certainly been good enough the last few years to vote to seed. It just doesn't make sense. If Magoffin is so intent on pretending to be one of the big boys, VOTE TO SEED. Have some guts and then get on here and crybaby around if Central wont play you. I guarantee that JC will play you then. How about it, any takers over there in Salyersville? I thought not.
Bottom line here...Magoffin fans...Get a clue...ITS JOHNSON CENTRAL...They are a yearly powerhouse in the 15th and you're a yearly bottom dweller...They aren't scared to play you, and they'd be wasting their time if they did play you because they can have a real challenge on thier schedule instead...
"jchsrulz" Wrote:Magoffin must have the best art department in the state! You all won't do anything but draw! SC is catching up though! You are teaching them too much!

Dont bring my cardinals into this.....You need to stop whining about drawing anyway. If you could beat paintsville you would keep your mouth closed.

as for Magoffin, i think they are talking themselves up WAY too much on this site. I like the confidence, but most of it is foolish talk, this included.
"Dolphinsfan" Wrote:And worse than that. Our newcomer in the 15th region up in Lawrence Co. apparently has been drinking the same chicken soup as Mike Hall and Gibson.
To start off here I am going to be not too harsh in a reply to you because I can understand how a perception could be here. I will state that in no way is Randy Keeton afraid to play anyone, at any place, at any time. That is most evident in the tough schedule that Lawrence Co. plays year in and year out. They consistantly play one of the state's toughest. I will say that Coaches decision to rather draw than seed is confusing to me as well because the last two years in the 64th he clearly had one of the top two teams not only in that district but in the 16th region. Coach chose to draw in that district as well, and both times he was beaten in the first round and missed the opportunity to advance to the regional tournament. It's something I cant personally figure out but it is something that he has never been vocal on as to what his reasoning is. Also knowing that Lawrence lost a lot to graduation last year, and me also knowing that most teams in the 57th district where hit hard as well makes me even more perplexed because I know that he will still be on an even par with the rest of the district and will be favored as much as anyone else(Magoffin excluded). I also personally wish he would go with seeded play rather than the draw, but I am sure that he has reasons that he can fully justify.

So for this reason I will cut you some slack with my responce but be assured that Lawrence Co. is certainly not afraid to locks horns with any of you guys.
"corndog23" Wrote:Dont bring my cardinals into this.....You need to stop whining about drawing anyway. If you could beat paintsville you would keep your mouth closed.

as for Magoffin, i think they are talking themselves up WAY too much on this site. I like the confidence, but most of it is foolish talk, this included.

Vote to seed the tourney! That is the only way you can have a chance at getting MC. Seeing how the 4 and 5 will have to play first round now!

We didn't start this thread. A mogoffin supporter drew this thread up.:thanks:
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:To start off here I am going to be not too harsh in a reply to you because I can understand how a perception could be here. I will state that in no way is Randy Keeton afraid to play anyone, at any place, at any time. That is most evident in the tough schedule that Lawrence Co. plays year in and year out. They consistantly play one of the state's toughest. I will say that Coaches decision to rather draw than seed is confusing to me as well because the last two years in the 64th he clearly had one of the top two teams not only in that district but in the 16th region. Coach chose to draw in that district as well, and both times he was beaten in the first round and missed the opportunity to advance to the regional tournament. It's something I cant personally figure out but it is something that he has never been vocal on as to what his reasoning is. Also knowing that Lawrence lost a lot to graduation last year, and me also knowing that most teams in the 57th district where hit hard as well makes me even more perplexed because I know that he will still be on an even par with the rest of the district and will be favored as much as anyone else(Magoffin excluded). I also personally wish he would go with seeded play rather than the draw, but I am sure that he has reasons that he can fully justify.

So for this reason I will cut you some slack with my responce but be assured that Lawrence Co. is certainly not afraid to locks horns with any of you guys.

Most eagle/tiger fans know that LC is not scared of anyone. We were just disappointed on his decision to draw. We really thought we had another school to come in and help us end the drawing for district nonsense.
"wamiller25" Wrote:to make it better it wasnt only close...jc didnt score untile the 4th....i have to agree....it doesnt look good that they wont play magoffin...what is up wit that...most teams will jump at the chance for an easy win( goin by what every one says) even in the pros.....

Let's see, I think our middle school team will play your varsity. We did last year and if I am not mistaken, we made a comeback scoring 7-8 runs in the last two innings to put out the big W. Or should we call that a big W?

For middle school, I guess it is!:lmao:
Seed the darned thing.
Man guys, i am terrified of Magoffin County. We only shut them out last year with a guy that hardly ever pitches. I mean they almost came back and won that one....LOL...guys get a life and talk bout something more interesting and realistic than JC's fear of the Hornets. I mean honestly, do you all really think that you could beat our varsity team after being beat by our JV? The day we are scared of magoffin county is the day that Johnson Centrals program collapses.....