Nov. 10th, 6:00

C2 Belfry

D1 Paintsville

Nov. 15th, 6:00

A2 Herald Whitaker

C1 Louisa

Nov. 10th, 7:30

B2 Betsy Layne

Looks like we're going to have a forfeit in the Louisa/Betsy Layne game tomorrow night. Betsy Layne has a county game and can't play. That will leave one game tomorrow night (Pikeville vs Belfry). If anything changes, I'll post it here.
Looks like some really good games coming up in bracket play.
Bracket Play Results:

Pikeville defeated Belfry (I do not have the exact score. The final was around 7 points I think)

Louisa won by forfeit over Betsy Layne

Next Tuesday's Games:

6:00--Paintsville vs Herald Whitaker
7:30--Johns Creek vs Whitesburg
[COLOR="Blue"]I want to apologize to Coach Davis and the people from Dorton who are hosting this tournament. I am very sorry BL had to drop out of tournament. Completely my fault for scheduling conflict.

Coach Howard
BL Basketball

GOD LOVES YOU[/COLOR]
Results of Tonight's Quarterfinal Games

Game 1
Paintsville 31
Herald Whitaker 29

Paintsville jumped out to an 18-3 lead after the 1st quarter and held off a rally by Herald Whitaker to win by 2.

Game 2
Johns Creek 43
Whitesburg 34

Whitesburg went on top early in the 1st quarter, but Johns Creek took the lead and I don't remember them trailing again. They led 19-16 at the half, and outscored Whitesburg 24-18 in the 2nd half.

Wednesday's Semifinal Matchups
6:00 Johns Creek vs Pikeville
7:30 Louisa vs Paintsville
Thanks for having Whitesburg over, you guys always treat us good and we get to face great competition. Bearcat dad, if #22 is your son, he's a really nice player. We got to play against Paintsville, Virgie and John's Creek. I'd like to commend all the players coaches and parents, you guys were great competition and better yet, classy programs--as are all the teams in your tournament!

Good luck to those who are left,
Coach Boggs,
Whitesburg Middle School
Belvedere Wrote:Thanks for having Whitesburg over, you guys always treat us good and we get to face great competition. Bearcat dad, if #22 is your son, he's a really nice player. We got to play against Paintsville, Virgie and John's Creek. I'd like to commend all the players coaches and parents, you guys were great competition and better yet, classy programs--as are all the teams in your tournament!

Good luck to those who are left,
Coach Boggs,
Whitesburg Middle School

Coach,

Thanks for the compliments. We always enjoy having you. You're always welcome in our tournament. Thanks a lot for participating. Good luck this season.
Results from Tonight's Semifinal Games

Game 1
Pikeville 52
Johns Creek 37

For Pikeville:

Steven Silvers 21 points
Blaine May 15 points
Ryder Johnson 10 points
Cody Charles 4 points
Casey Tackett 2 points

For Johns Creek:

Matt Turnmire 17 points
Teddy Smith 16 points
Danny Adkins 4 points

Game 2

Paintsville 52
Louisa 40

For Paintsville:

Kash Daniels 14 points
Matt Miller 11 points
Andrew Rice 8 points
Kent Phelps 7 points
Darin Morris 7 points
Luke Trimble 5 points

For Louisa:

Austin Chaffin 12 points
Matt Ratliff 9 points
Brandon Richardson 8 points
Tanner Black 5 points
Damon Phelps 4 points
Moore 2 points

Tomorrow's Championship

7:30 Pikeville vs Paintsville

*The consolation game will not be played due to a prior commitment for Johns Creek at Pike Central.
So who is the favorite for the Championship?
Paintsville winning is a little bit of an upset, at least in my view. Not taking anything away from their kids just though Louisa was more polished team. Appears a Coach Trimble had excellent game plan and boys must have stepped up their game against a very good Louisa team. Congrats to Paintsville.
Might try to make it over for the game tonight. Should be a good one. GO PANTHERS!
Tonight's Championship Results

Pikeville 46
Paintsville 44

Paintsville led for much of the game, but Pikeville battled back and Steven Silvers hit 2 free throws with 2.6 seconds left to win the game.

For Pikeville:

Cody Charles 19 points
Blaine May 14 points
Steven Silvers 9 points
Ryder Johnson 2 points
Zack Thacker 2 points

For Paintsville:

Kash Daniels 15 points
Kent Phelps 15 points
Matt Miller 6 points
Luke Trimble 4 points
Darin Morris 4 points

All Sportsmanship Team

Chase Coverdale--Louisa
T.J. Dotson--Belfry
Zack Thacker--Pikeville
Jordan Gregory--Whitesburg
Jaren Lovely--Herald Whitaker
Jacob Childers--Millard
Jackson Williams--Johns Creek
Ryan Smith--AB Combs
Austin Elswick--Virgie
Nate Hall--Betsy Layne
Andrew Rice--Paintsville
Jordan Osborne--Dorton

All Tournament Team
Andrew Tackett--Betsy Layne
Matt Turnmire--Johns Creek
Camerson Catron--Belfry
Trenton Russell--Herald Whitaker
Ryder Johnson--Pikeville
Austin Banks--Whitesburg
Chandler Rowe--Virgie
Zachary Tackett--Dorton
Austin Chaffin--Louisa
Luke Trimble--Paintsville
Teddy Smith--Johns Creek
Blaine May--Pikeville
Damon Phelps--Louisa
Kash Daniels--Paintsville

MVP
Steven Silvers--Pikeville

I would like to thank all people who helped make this tournament possible. Starting with our principal Mr. Burke who allows us to have this tournament, our assistant principal Mrs. Jarrell, the teachers, parents/grandparents (who brought tons of items for concession) who worked so hard during it, the custodians who have to put in the extra work to get the gym ready, and my parents and wife who I definitely couldn't do this without. I would also like to thank Jeremy Collins for doing the PA for the tournament, and Ronnie Adkison, Cody Mullins, and Gary Brown (who helped me tons on the Virgie game nights) for keeping the scoreclock.

I would like to thank Joey Dotson for assigning the officials for this tournament.

Finally, I would like to thank all coaches, players, and fans who attended the tournament. This was probably the strongest field we have had yet and we look forward to doing it again next year. We had several teams who had to travel a long distance to play and we really appreciate it.
Great job Coach. Probably the best tournament in Eastern Ky. this year.
new o Wrote:Great job Coach. Probably the best tournament in Eastern Ky. this year.

Thanks for the compliments and for letting us use your gym the first 2 nights. Couldn't have done it without using 2 gyms.

Also congrats on Chandler making the All Tournament Team.
Really good tournament coach. Thanks for everything. You guys are a class act.
Great tourney Coach Davis. Paintsville was happy to be a part of it. Congrats to Pikeville.
CoachTrimble Wrote:Great tourney Coach Davis. Paintsville was happy to be a part of it. Congrats to Pikeville.

Thanks Coach. I was really impressed with your team, especially the last 2 nights. You guys just came up a little short tonight, but could have easily been on the other side of the final score. Thanks for coming.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Really good tournament coach. Thanks for everything. You guys are a class act.

Thanks. That means alot. Thanks for coming also. Our goal is to run a good tournament and teams like yours make that possible.
Pikevile and paintsvile both have really nice teams this year it seems and was a very exciting game to watch as well as both teams was very quick and was a fast pace game
Johns Creek will get to play Pikeville tonight, they just played Paintsville a couple of days ago so they got a couple of rough ones in a row...
JC_Bearcats Wrote:Johns Creek will get to play Pikeville tonight, they just played Paintsville a couple of days ago so they got a couple of rough ones in a row...

How did it go against Paintsville?
John's Creek lost by 19 but the game was closer than the score showed John's Creek stayed within 4 to 6 points the whole game..