Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 67, Johnson Central 20
sstack Wrote:I heard the young man had a fractured sternum and was in and out of consciousness. Keeping the young man in our prayers.

All so keeping Shehan in our thoughts after he was hurt tonight.

Frozenbird Wrote:Ouch! A sternum is not an easy thing to break. Assuming no complications such as bruised heart or dropped lung, he should be okay but it will be a painful and long recovery.

Yes, he should be in our prayers.

I bruised my sternum when I played at Pikeville College, and believe me it hurts, BAD. It was much worse than when I broke my leg my Freshman year in high school. I'll be praying for that young man.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Redneck Wrote:I bruised my sternum when I played at Pikeville College, and believe me it hurts, BAD. It was much worse than when I broke my leg my Freshman year in high school. I'll be praying for that young man.

Hopefully the player has a quick recovery. What # was he?
Boom..
vundy33 Wrote:Boom..

I was thinking more along the lines of "SLAP!!!!!"
Wideleft01 Wrote:Johnson couldn't stop Highlands or get much on offense. Highlands was a bit sloppy all night. Those penalties did look like penalties to me. They were legit. Jude is a nice player. Johnson asks a lot out of the guy. And finally, what was going on over in the visiting section??? Saw the police hustling up the aisle over there early in the game.

I thought 2 late hits by HHS were very questionable and one of JC's was very questionable. And a face mask call happened right in front of me an it was his arm around the mask and not his hand. Jude was said to be able to go the whole game on both sides of the ball, but with 8 mins left in the first half, he was sitting down on the sideline gasping for air. The coach asks way to much of him. I was sitting right where the police came up and a JC fan started to yell at a HHS fan. No one really knew what made the guy so upset, but cool heads prevailed on both sides. After that, things were fine the rest of the game.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Johnson couldn't stop Highlands or get much on offense. Highlands was a bit sloppy all night. Those penalties did look like penalties to me. They were legit. Jude is a nice player. Johnson asks a lot out of the guy. And finally, what was going on over in the visiting section??? Saw the police hustling up the aisle over there early in the game.

Wideleft01 Wrote:Hopefully the player has a quick recovery. What # was he?

sstack Wrote:21

Thanks. I like hard hitting, but I hate to see anyone get hurt.
sstack Wrote:21

One of the class-act JC fans was, among other things, cheering when Sheehan got hurt. An ex-Bluebird player set him straight.
Can you dig it? Wrote:One of the class-act JC fans was, among other things, cheering when Sheehan got hurt. An ex-Bluebird player set him straight.

That's good. Who was the ex-player?
Wideleft01 Wrote:That's good. Who was the ex-player?

not sure, but it was about 5 rows in front of me and when the HHS fan got up and walked towards the JC fan, he got quiet really fast. I heard something about him making a racist comment.
Highlands is a very, VERY good team. Towles has a laser for an arm, making pin-point throws in tight spots. I think I may have to get my season tickets again for UK if he is under center, lots of potential. Both sides have some knuckle heads for fans, but don't let a small minority make an impression for the majority of fans from both sides. I had a good time talking with the individual from Highlands on the far side of the endzone next to the booster tables, super individual and really enjoyed our conversation. I hope the WR that got hurt makes a speedy recovery, as I hate to see anyone get hurt especially after making a huge catch. The individual from JC was a Sophomore that suffered a severe concussion and was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Special thanks to the Bluebird fan(s) that drove his father to the emergency room. I'm sure the sincere gesture was greatly appreciated by his family and all the JC faithful. Best of luck to Highlands throughout the remainder of the playoffs.
I was at the game. The JC fans I met were like Highlands fans. Classy, respectful, and had a great deal of passion for their program.
DALE Wrote:Highlands is a very, VERY good team. Towles has a laser for an arm, making pin-point throws in tight spots. I think I may have to get my season tickets again for UK if he is under center, lots of potential. Both sides have some knuckle heads for fans, but don't let a small minority make an impression for the majority of fans from both sides. I had a good time talking with the individual from Highlands on the far side of the endzone next to the booster tables, super individual and really enjoyed our conversation. I hope the WR that got hurt makes a speedy recovery, as I hate to see anyone get hurt especially after making a huge catch. The individual from JC was a Sophomore that suffered a severe concussion and was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Special thanks to the Bluebird fan(s) that drove his father to the emergency room. I'm sure the sincere gesture was greatly appreciated by his family and all the JC faithful. Best of luck to Highlands throughout the remainder of the playoffs.

Just for the record , the young man is at one of the best hospitals in the nation. He will get the best care possible.
sstack Wrote:I told you the Bruns brothers would show them smash mouth football!

But they were too big, the brother who is the nose tackle is a Monster (6-0 / 185)

Hoot was trying to track YOU down....TongueirateSho
My original prediction last week from the prediciton thread. I think that I get a gold star for this one. Please show me some love; I need internet affirmation to complete my life. lol

My take on the game.

Jude has been held in check this year (at least according to his lofty standards) by good defenses. Highlands has a good defense. So Jude will likely get some yards but doubtful that JC can score enough to pull out a win.

JC's defense has given up some points this year. Highlands can score a lot of points. Barring any severe weather issues, Highlands will score a lot of points in this game.

Prediction: Highlands 60 JC 20
sstack Wrote:I thought 2 late hits by HHS were very questionable and one of JC's was very questionable. And a face mask call happened right in front of me an it was his arm around the mask and not his hand. Jude was said to be able to go the whole game on both sides of the ball, but with 8 mins left in the first half, he was sitting down on the sideline gasping for air. The coach asks way to much of him. I was sitting right where the police came up and a JC fan started to yell at a HHS fan. No one really knew what made the guy so upset, but cool heads prevailed on both sides. After that, things were fine the rest of the game.

He was gassed!
Blau Vogel Wrote:He was gassed!

That's not possible - We were told in the Prediction thread that this has been a ploy all season long and it had not worked, thus it would not work in the HHS game:igiveup:
NCC41 Wrote:I was at the game. The JC fans I met were like Highlands fans. Classy, respectful, and had a great deal of passion for their program.

I was sitting in the last row, behind the JC fans and Highlands fans when the little yelling match broke out, which was a big deal for about 10 seconds. I had JC fans on my right, Simon Kenton fans on my left, Beechwood fans in front of me and even a couple of CovCath fans in the neighborhood was great. On JC fan under the press box kept yelling cheaters every time a flag was thrown on the Birds, but other than that, a great atmosphere with a bunch of great people. My old knees still hurt from the cold though.
Stardust Wrote:But they were too big, the brother who is the nose tackle is a Monster (6-0 / 185)

I loved the couple of times he infiltrated the JC backfield and tackled the QB and a couple of RB's all at the same time.
Stardust Wrote:That's not possible - We were told in the Prediction thread that this has been a ploy all season long and it had not worked, thus it would not work in the HHS game:igiveup:

I loved watching him blitz on D TRYING to catch Towles. Their D was confused all night by The Birds. I think they had to call TO, twice because they didn't know where to line up.