Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby Smith In Line For Charlotte Job? If he did leave who would replace him?
If Tubby does decide to leave I will be the last one to shead a tear. Here is my list of coaches that I think would jump on the UK Job, and I wouldn't mind seeing there. In no particular order,

Bob Huggins
Rick Majerus (if were gonna have a tubby lets get one that can coach)
Steve Lavin
Mark Few
John Pelphrey
Quin Schnyder
Dale Brown (currently doing a nice job at Pikeville College)
Billy Donovan (although he's not going anywhere)
"mister T" Wrote:If Tubby does decide to leave I will be the last one to shead a tear. Here is my list of coaches that I think would jump on the UK Job, and I wouldn't mind seeing there. In no particular order,

Bob Huggins
Rick Majerus (if were gonna have a tubby lets get one that can coach)
Steve Lavin
Mark Few
John Pelphrey
Quin Schnyder
Dale Brown (currently doing a nice job at Pikeville College)
Billy Donovan (although he's not going anywhere)

:lol: Smile Smile Hilarious...Quin Schnyder! Smile Yeah since he done so much at Missouri then let's bring him to UK so he can lead us to some good NIT 1st round exits...I really hope you were joking...and wow! Dale Brown!? I think Pikeville College and UK are a little bit different...Majerus is done coaching because of health reasons, and Pelphrey has a little work to do before we can crown him coach of UK...

Thanks for the laughs though Smile
I never want to see Billy Donovan in UK Blue he has done nothing at Florida but be over hyped, he loses every year in the tourny early, and I hate that he runs up the score on people it's rediculous. I don't want to see Rick Pitino back at Kentucky either but with the way everything is going down in louisville I wouldn't be suprised to see him get offered the job back if Tubby left. Out of all the coaches mentioned the one who would be my pick is Mark Few from Gonzaga. He has made Gonzaga into a solid basketball program.
First off I said Those were coaches I thought would jump on the job and I wouldn't mind seeing there. I didn't say they would by any means get the job. But Come on some of these names are a whole lot more realistic than the Pat Riley stuff all these other people are throwing around. Tell Me why Pat Riley would leave Miami for UK He's got arguably the best duo ever. All the money he ever needs and he's old. I don't think riley could hang with the college guys. I would question his disciplinary abilities.
"mister T" Wrote:First off I said Those were coaches I thought would jump on the job and I wouldn't mind seeing there. I didn't say they would by any means get the job. But Come on some of these names are a whole lot more realistic than the Pat Riley stuff all these other people are throwing around. Tell Me why Pat Riley would leave Miami for UK He's got arguably the best duo ever. All the money he ever needs and he's old. I don't think riley could hang with the college guys. I would question his disciplinary abilities.

Well pal, first of all Pat Riley has said his whole life that he would love to come back and coach Kentucky..2nd of all, he's already said this is his last sesaon coaching in the NBA...Its a possibility, and it's a lot better than some of the people you named Smile
Pat Riley would be the correct choice for the UK position because of what he brings to the table. He was a Former UK player and a pretty successful coach in the NBA ranks. If you want to talk about getting blue chip players to UK bring Pat Riley to UK and we will have to turn them away. Bring on Pat Riley!!!!!!
Bruce Webber is the coach at Illinois ,Bill Self coaches at Kansas I believe.
If Tubby leaves then I think Billy D. has a real shot at the job..but Tubby will be back in UK next season