Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 6th grade team in the mountains?
Who is expected to be best 6th grade team in the mountains? Dorton, paintsville, chavies??
kysports Wrote:Who is expected to be best 6th grade team in the mountains? Dorton, paintsville, chavies??

Our boys have improved tremendously over the past year and Coach Brown has done a great job with them, but we aren't near the best team in the mountains right now. Right off the top of my head I can think of Stinnett, Hacker, and Pikeville who are really good. All 3 played at the Sportsplex this weekend and were impressive. I'm sure there are many more who have good teams.
Whitesburg has a very good six grade team this year as well most of there six graders play c and b team and some a team as well
Best teams in Perry County.

#1 - AB Combs
#2 - RW Combs
#3 - Willard

Thats about it. Most of the others are down.
Stinnett Elem. from Leslie Co. is tough..
Should be tough, most of them are 14 and 15 arent they?
Not sure if there are any holdbacks on that team..
Yes. Stinnett Elementary is very good!
Corbin looks really good. They are loaded with talent Andrew Taylor, Aaron & Luke Philpot, Dawson Branstetter.
South Floyd has got a real good 6 grade team
Betsy Layne has defeated Paintsville by 10 already this year on a neutral court. We play Dorton tomorrow night. We have been beat by Highlands this year and Kermit. Highlands is a team we would love to play again, felt like its a game we should have won. Kermit is the best 6th grade team though I have heard about from a few different people.
Southern Pulaski has three of the best players in the state.
Don't know if Pulaski County is considered to be part of the mountains though?
Until someone can play with them, then I believe they are the best team. They have three six graders that play 6th, 7th, and 8th and are players on each level.
Someone mentioned Corbin as being loaded and Southern Pulaski has beaten them twice this year. By 15 at Southern Pulaski, and by 26 when they played at Corbin.
dorton is a great team, but paintsville is better! keep working hard all teams!
also i have a question, has Dorton played Paintsville this year?
has Maggoffin County 7th grade played Paintsville's 7th grade??
corbin is great also, so it depends on how well they play.
ab combs, beat stinnet twice the other night for the championship of a dub elimination tourney. they were on weak legs and still won both games so they are a tough team!
who are the top aau teams in kentucky
We know there are some really good 6th grade teams in the Rowan Co. area.