Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any coaches want to do a top 10 ranking for the 15th this year?
Dont get me wrong seth conn is good but he is also very younng at just 6th grade. Give this kid one of two more years and he will be something everyone will be talking about. I cannot say much about Danny, i have not watched him play in about 2 years, i do know though that this kid had a work ethic and if he wanted something bad enough he would do whatever it took to reach that. Therefore he could be helpng this johnns creek team out a lot.
1 Louisa until someone beats them with all there starting players they have to be the best team in the region runner up in kba last year 2 pikeville. Very good team Louisa has split with them 2 wins 2 loses in the past year
3 paintsville good inside game good pg also
4 betsylane good players all around
5 magoffin county 2 great players
6 johns creek. Team plays hard
7 belfry good coach team
8 south Floyd don,t no much about them 1 big man
9 virgie got good players
10 Johnson central 1 player is hurt when he is playing very good team
11 dorton
12 Millard
ATHLETE2 Wrote:I would put South Floyd in front of Btesylayne or higher on the list in C team b/c the won the Right Beaver Classic.

Our c team dropped out of Right Beaver, so we did not get to play in it.
bgrfan Wrote:Dont get me wrong seth conn is good but he is also very younng at just 6th grade. Give this kid one of two more years and he will be something everyone will be talking about. I cannot say much about Danny, i have not watched him play in about 2 years, i do know though that this kid had a work ethic and if he wanted something bad enough he would do whatever it took to reach that. Therefore he could be helpng this johnns creek team out a lot.
Just to clarify a point here, and NOT hating on anyone. The Conn kid is a hold back, he is supposed to be in 7th grade age-wise. So, yes, he is young, but also right there in terms of athletic development for his age level. Steady kid, smart, very athletic
Wildcat man Wrote:1 Louisa until someone beats them with all there starting players they have to be the best team in the region runner up in kba last year 2 pikeville. Very good team Louisa has split with them 2 wins 2 loses in the past year
3 paintsville good inside game good pg also
4 betsylane good players all around
5 magoffin county 2 great players
6 johns creek. Team plays hard
7 belfry good coach team
8 south Floyd don,t no much about them 1 big man
9 virgie got good players
10 Johnson central 1 player is hurt when he is playing very good team
11 dorton
12 Millard
Where is Pikeville on this list? Are you saying they are not top 10, or did you mean to put them in a tie with Louisa for the top spot?
They are on the list at #2. Just hard to see. Its out if line.
PHSForever Wrote:Just to clarify a point here, and NOT hating on anyone. The Conn kid is a hold back, he is supposed to be in 7th grade age-wise. So, yes, he is young, but also right there in terms of athletic development for his age level. Steady kid, smart, very athletic
All, I've been informed that the information I was given about this young man is incorrect. According to a PM I received, he is actually a 6th grader who is 12. I was told by someone whom I THOUGHT knew, and I apologize for incorrect information being posted by me about the young man I referenced above.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:They are on the list at #2. Just hard to see. Its out if line.
My bad, see it now.
Pikeville
Paintsville
Louisa
Dorton
Herald Whitaker
Johns creek
Betsy Layne
Virgie
Belfry
Johnson County
*Probably could put several teams equal with Johnson County and Belfry.
*Until Louisa beats Pikeville or Paintsville they should not be ranked higher!
Louisa was supposed to play Paintsville Friday. Paintsville cancelled again. We play Pikeville Monday.
who plays Pikeville , where and when?
Louisa plays Pikeville at Louisa on Monday night at Louisa
I know seth personally, he is a true 6th grader who is only 12.
Although his body is to mature for his age, this does make people wonder whether he is a true 6th grader or not. But i can assure you that he is.
Fellas, I appreciate someone throwing Millards name in the top 12
But...The team has lost one of there starters to a broken foot...
Still a good team, I would like to see them win a few more games before I would put them back in that spot...
I know they can do it, they have great talent...
I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Wish I could actually see Louisa or Paintsville play...if so I would give my opinion on a top 10 also...Though if anyone beats Pikeville, they are a great team...LOL...

Thanks fellas
If Conn is currently 12 and turns 13 before next school year then he would be considered a holdback. Regardless of grade Conn is a solid player.
My top 10 up to new years...

1.Paintsville - Have a couple players on the Ky State football team so they are short handed but haven't lost since they have been gone. Believe they beat Louisa earlier in the year and nearly beat Pikeville with their full team.

2.Louisa - Have a game with Pikeville, Monday night I believe, to find out who is the number two team in the region in my opinion. Very talented guards with a center who alters all inside shots.

3.Pikeville - Without Ryder, they are not as dominate against every as they have been but they are still easily one of the best teams in the region if not the best still. Hope Ryder has a quick and full recovery. Sorry, but without Ryder I do not believe they can beat Paintsville and will have a chance to show who is the better team against Louisa next week.

4.Betsy Layne - People disagree with me on this because of the score against Pikeville, but I stand by this by who we have beat. The Louisa game was a lot closer than the score due to free throw shots at the end of the game. DozerDawg can verify this for me! During the season we have beat Dorton (though it was AAU but both teams had their normal players) 2 out of 3 games. Also we have beat Adams twice by double digits. We have beat South Floyd, Belfry and Mullins as well.

5.Dorton - Have played Pikeville very tough. Beat Betsy Layne once during AAU games. Know of them beating Johns Creek, Belfry and Mullins off the top of my head. Very talented and young team.

6.John's Creek - Haven't seen them in person but have seen how tough they have played Pikeville and Dorton. Only know of them having played Dorton once, if they have played more times than I do not know the results.

7.Johnson Central - Recent victories over Adams and Maggoffin push them to the 7th spot. Have not got to see them in person or speak to Coach Daniels' recently to find out anything else about them.

8.Maggoffin County - Was told they lost a couple of players, but still have their star in Russell and the big man under the goal. Earlier in the season they had a big win over Dorton but cannot rank them higher than Johnson Central after losing to them.

9.Adams - Played Johnson Central very close and beat a good South Floyd team by 20 points. Do not know anything else about them so far this year other than the two games we have played against them.

10.Mullins - Recent victories over Virgie and Belfry push the Tigers to the 10th spot for me. People said they needed to beat teams on these list and they delievered.

Outside looking in... Belfry, South Floyd, Virgie (These three listed in alphabetic order, and not by my opinion of who is better.)
bball_fan Wrote:My top 10 up to new years...

1.Paintsville - Have a couple players on the Ky State football team so they are short handed but haven't lost since they have been gone. Believe they beat Louisa earlier in the year and nearly beat Pikeville with their full team.

2.Louisa - Have a game with Pikeville, Monday night I believe, to find out who is the number two team in the region in my opinion. Very talented guards with a center who alters all inside shots.

3.Pikeville - Without Ryder, they are not as dominate against every as they have been but they are still easily one of the best teams in the region if not the best still. Hope Ryder has a quick and full recovery. Sorry, but without Ryder I do not believe they can beat Paintsville and will have a chance to show who is the better team against Louisa next week.

4.Betsy Layne - People disagree with me on this because of the score against Pikeville, but I stand by this by who we have beat. The Louisa game was a lot closer than the score due to free throw shots at the end of the game. DozerDawg can verify this for me! During the season we have beat Dorton (though it was AAU but both teams had their normal players) 2 out of 3 games. Also we have beat Adams twice by double digits. We have beat South Floyd, Belfry and Mullins as well.

5.Dorton - Have played Pikeville very tough. Beat Betsy Layne once during AAU games. Know of them beating Johns Creek, Belfry and Mullins off the top of my head. Very talented and young team.

6.John's Creek - Haven't seen them in person but have seen how tough they have played Pikeville and Dorton. Only know of them having played Dorton once, if they have played more times than I do not know the results.

7.Johnson Central - Recent victories over Adams and Maggoffin push them to the 7th spot. Have not got to see them in person or speak to Coach Daniels' recently to find out anything else about them.

8.Maggoffin County - Was told they lost a couple of players, but still have their star in Russell and the big man under the goal. Earlier in the season they had a big win over Dorton but cannot rank them higher than Johnson Central after losing to them.

9.Adams - Played Johnson Central very close and beat a good South Floyd team by 20 points. Do not know anything else about them so far this year other than the two games we have played against them.

10.Mullins - Recent victories over Virgie and Belfry push the Tigers to the 10th spot for me. People said they needed to beat teams on these list and they delievered.

Outside looking in... Belfry, South Floyd, Virgie (These three listed in alphabetic order, and not by my opinion of who is better.)

Looks like a pretty good list to me. We have played Johns Creek 3 times. We have won 2, but all 3 games were decided by 3 points. We still have to go to Johns Creek in January. Our teams are about as even as you can get.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Looks like a pretty good list to me. We have played Johns Creek 3 times. We have won 2, but all 3 games were decided by 3 points. We still have to go to Johns Creek in January. Our teams are about as even as you can get.

Agreed... Paintsville I think are above everyone with Pikeville being down a man. Louisa and Pikeville are both really good teams and I would put them on the same level. Betsy Layne, Dorton and John's Creek would be the next level down but close to Louisa and Pikeville. After that I believe there is a gap but not a big gap at all.
Prediction for Pikeville and Louisa... Pikeville's inside game is going to be effected bad by the big man in the middle. If he stays out of foul trouble then Louisa can force Pikeville to be a jump shooting team. However Louisa does have to handle Pikeville's pressure and get the game into a half court game where there talented guards who are bigger and just as quick as Pikeville's can take control. With Ryder playing, I would have a extremely hard time picking this game but without him I have to say Louisa by probably 5 or 10 after free throws at the end of the game. If Pikeville gets the big boy in foul trouble however, and can attack the basket like they like to do, then I could see Pikeville by 5 or 10 after free throws.
there is no doubt that Betsy Layne is good. but they to me are like Belfry.... they lack a key win... They lost to Pikeville, and Louisa... My top 10 as of the new year would be

1. Paintsville: Clearly the number one team.
2. Pikeville: With Ryder they would challenge Paintsville for the top spot
3. Louisa: They too can compete for a top spot. We'll see when the play Pikeville
4. Dorton: They have yet to get a key win over the teams in front of them.
5. Johns Creek: They too lack a key win over the teams in front of them.
6. Belfry: Here is where people diagree with me... but in their defense they lost most of their games on the road. teams like Dorton, JC, and Pikeville still have to go to Belfry to play.
6. Betsy Layne: This team can be dangerous... I have them ranked as 6 along with Belfry. They both have played teams close and are one or two plays from being in the top on this list.
8. Mullins: is this team for real? we'll see when they go to JC, Dorton, Pikeville, Belfry and Virgie.
9. Johnson Central:
10. Adams
ifyasmell Wrote:there is no doubt that Betsy Layne is good. but they to me are like Belfry.... they lack a key win... They lost to Pikeville, and Louisa... My top 10 as of the new year would be

3. Louisa: They too can compete for a top spot. We'll see when the play Pikeville
6. Belfry: Here is where people diagree with me... but in their defense they lost most of their games on the road. teams like Dorton, JC, and Pikeville still have to go to Belfry to play.
6. Betsy Layne: This team can be dangerous... I have them ranked as 6 along with Belfry. They both have played teams close and are one or two plays from being in the top on this list.
8. Mullins: is this team for real? we'll see when they go to JC, Dorton, Pikeville, Belfry and Virgie.
9. Johnson Central:
10. Adams

We already played Mullins at Dorton. I had it scheduled for their place, but Coach Bartley had it down for our place so we played it there. We go there for the last game of our regular season.
ifyasmell Wrote:there is no doubt that Betsy Layne is good. but they to me are like Belfry.... they lack a key win... They lost to Pikeville, and Louisa... My top 10 as of the new year would be

9. Johnson Central:
10. Adams

And what key wins do Dorton, John's Creek and Belfry have that we don't? WE HAVE BEAT DORTON HEAD TO HEAD TWO OUT OF THREE TIMES! WE HAVE BEAT BELFRY HEAD TO HEAD! What else do you need to say before you realize we are on the same level as Dorton or John's Creek? Has Dorton, John's Creek or Belfry beat Pikeville? No, neither have we! Have any of those three beat Louisa? No, neither have we! But what have we done, head to head, and this is the hundredith time I have said this... and Dorton fan's I seriously mean no disrespect because I believe our teams are pretty dead even and I have as much respect for Coach Davis as I do anyone in this region if not more than anyone but I'm tired of being disrespected on this site, we have beat Dorton two out of three times since the season started. Offical games, no but they were AAU games and anyone who has seen those games knows they were the normal players each team plays during normal games and rotations were the same. We have beat Belfry the only time we played them and they was the 8th game we had played in 7 days and during that span we had played Pikeville, Louisa, Adams, South Floyd, Millard, Allen Central and Mullins! What does it take for someone to realize we are as good as Dorton and John's Creek? I'm pretty sure Coach Howard will agree with me when I say we will play anyone, anytime and any place! So if teams are better than us, get up with us and lets play! Because if you are better than us, we want to play you so we can get better!
Tottally agree b fan Paintsville pikeville Louisa betsylane are the top 4 teams in the region until someone beats them
I think the top ten should look like this:

1. Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. Louisa
4. Dorton
5. John's Creek
6. Harold Whitaker
7. Betsy Layne
8. Inez
9. South Floyd
10. Adams
didnt u have an chance to play Louisa in the Dorton invitational on the bracket it got cancelled.
Out of ignorance, why the definitive #1 for Paintsville from many when Pikeville defeated them on a neutral court?

I think from the score I have seen that Paintsville, Pikeville, and Louisa are the top 3.
JC_Bearcats Wrote:I think the top ten should look like this:

1. Paintsville
2. Pikeville
3. Louisa
4. Dorton
5. John's Creek
6. Harold Whitaker
7. Betsy Layne
8. Inez
9. South Floyd
10. Adams

Justify for me a few things! Pikeville and Louisa will answer the question about who is better with the teams they have Monday, so that will answer it's self. If we have beaten Dorton two out of three times, how is Dorton ahead of us? If Dorton has beat John's Creek two out of three times, and we have beat Dorton two out of three times than how is John's Creek ahead of us? Whitaker has lost two starters, this I have been told by multiple people so they are not the same team that beat Dorton earlier this year. Johnson Central has beat Whitaker and Adams in the last two weeks, and their not ranked? Adams beat South Floyd by 20 points, and they are ranked behind them? Inez, which is Martin County btw, has lost to Virgie who isn't ranked! Have you looked at all the results and such that have been posted on this site? And for the record, we have played Louisa twice this year! It got cancelled because of a double booking but we just played at Louisa Thursday night. Once again, READ THREADS THAT ARE POSTED! Do a little research and I promise it will be a lot easier to back up opinions.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Out of ignorance, why the definitive #1 for Paintsville from many when Pikeville defeated them on a neutral court?

I think from the score I have seen that Paintsville, Pikeville, and Louisa are the top 3.

I agree you have a very good arguement here. The reason I think they are the best team in the region is because they have beat Louisa so far this year. Pikeville beat them by two points with Ryder playing at 100% health. The reason I drop Pikeville behind Paintsville is because without Ryder, I do not believe Pikeville is as good of a team as they are with Ryder. It's not disrespect but simply I think Ryder makes a huge difference in Pikeville's team. As for me saying Paintsville was a level of their own, maybe not the best choice of words but I do believe at this moment they are the best team in the region.
bball_fan Wrote:And what key wins do Dorton, John's Creek and Belfry have that we don't? WE HAVE BEAT DORTON HEAD TO HEAD TWO OUT OF THREE TIMES! WE HAVE BEAT BELFRY HEAD TO HEAD! What else do you need to say before you realize we are on the same level as Dorton or John's Creek? Has Dorton, John's Creek or Belfry beat Pikeville? No, neither have we! Have any of those three beat Louisa? No, neither have we! But what have we done, head to head, and this is the hundredith time I have said this... and Dorton fan's I seriously mean no disrespect because I believe our teams are pretty dead even and I have as much respect for Coach Davis as I do anyone in this region if not more than anyone but I'm tired of being disrespected on this site, we have beat Dorton two out of three times since the season started. Offical games, no but they were AAU games and anyone who has seen those games knows they were the normal players each team plays during normal games and rotations were the same. We have beat Belfry the only time we played them and they was the 8th game we had played in 7 days and during that span we had played Pikeville, Louisa, Adams, South Floyd, Millard, Allen Central and Mullins! What does it take for someone to realize we are as good as Dorton and John's Creek? I'm pretty sure Coach Howard will agree with me when I say we will play anyone, anytime and any place! So if teams are better than us, get up with us and lets play! Because if you are better than us, we want to play you so we can get better!

I agree with most of what you've said (and I respect what Coach Howard and you are doing at Betsy Layne),but to say you beat us 2 games is not really accurate. You beat us 3, we beat you 2, and after we beat you at Dorton we put 15 minutes on the clock and played it straight with multiple subs on both sides who would not have played in a regular game. The game we beat you at Dorton was refereed by coaches by both sides. It definitely didn't have a real game atmosphere (you weren't there, but when it ended I asked my assistant coach if that felt anything like a real game because it sure didn't to me. Your players didn't even try to foul with some time left in the game down by 2.) The game you beat us at BL did have real referees and was played just like a real game. I would rank you higher but based only on that one game with referees (and regular rotations). Either way, I think there is very little difference between Betsy Layne, us, Johns Creek, Belfry, and Herald Whitaker. At this level you never know what team is going to show up each night.

9. Johnson Central:
10. Adams

Here are our results against the teams on your list:

1. Paintsville (lost by 1 in their panorama and by 27 in the regular season game at their place).
2. Pikeville (lost by 3 without Ryder playing).
3. Louisa (have not played them).
5. Johns Creek (beat them 3 at Millard in the preseason county tournament, lost by 3 at home in our tournament, beat them 3 at the buzzer at home). We are as even as it gets.
6. Betsy Layne (no regular season game, but beat them 2 in a game refereed by coaches, lost by 5 in a 15 minute running game afterward, and lost by 3 at Betsy Layne with regular referees).
7. Belfry (beat them 5 last night. Was a tie game with less than 2 minutes to go).
8. Mullins (beat them 20 at Dorton. That is their only loss of the season so it looks like they may have had somewhat of an off game).
9. Johnson County (have not played them).
10.Adams (have not played them).

Right now you have to rank Paintsville, Pikeville, and Louisa higher than the rest of the region. They have clearly been the most consistent of all the teams in the 15th Region. Pikeville hasn't lost to anyone in the region so they should be tops until they lose, but Paintsville has been the most impressive team lately. I only saw Louisa play once and one of their best players wasn't playing, but I have seen them in the past and know how good they are.