Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
softball travel teams
how many of you play on summer teams,what teams?is there a need for more travel teams from the hills?any thoughts?
This Summer I played on the Angels 16- Under Team along with Paintsville's Pitcher Emily Lemaster and Our Shortstop Jesikah Russell. I don't know of any teams around this area. We had to go to Jenkins for our practice's and majority of our girls came from Whiteburg, Hazard, and that area. Some of the teams we played against were nothing like the teams in the Region. It was a whole different game at those tournaments.
there are several travel teams in the ashland/huntington area.i am thinking about putting together a 18u team if there is enough interest from the 15th/16th region and play just local tournaments and maybe one high profile exposure tournament.the cost is usually the big issue. with entry fees between 150.00 to 500.00 per tourney,insurance about 200.00 and uniforms any where between 20.00 and 100.00 per player you have to have team fees of 200.00 to 250.00 per player to play in four or five tournaments.and you are exactly right numbaonestunna every team is top notch allstar team.very seldom is any team mercied.
"dawgbyte01" Wrote:there are several travel teams in the ashland/huntington area.i am thinking about putting together a 18u team if there is enough interest from the 15th/16th region and play just local tournaments and maybe one high profile exposure tournament.the cost is usually the big issue. with entry fees between 150.00 to 500.00 per tourney,insurance about 200.00 and uniforms any where between 20.00 and 100.00 per player you have to have team fees of 200.00 to 250.00 per player to play in four or five tournaments.and you are exactly right numbaonestunna every team is top notch allstar team.very seldom is any team mercied.

AHH I WANNA PLAY!
See luckily the team I played on was free. Our coach raised money throughout the year. I mean all the teams we played against were very good. It cost $500 just to try out for one team up there. It introduced us all to a whole different game, but it helped us a lot.
So numbaonestunna hows the knee? When ya gonna be able to play?
Amber Trimble started a travel team in the Pikeville/Shelby Valley area 2 summers ago. It helped those girls who played tremendously. I feel that if there were to be another summer team around the 15th/16th region many girls would play. I know the ladies from the 15th would love to. Dawgbyte01 I hope you get this team started...Let us know more about it.
"!That Kid!" Wrote:Amber Trimble started a travel team in the Pikeville/Shelby Valley area 2 summers ago. It helped those girls who played tremendously. I feel that if there were to be another summer team around the 15th/16th region many girls would play. I know the ladies from the 15th would love to. Dawgbyte01 I hope you get this team started...Let us know more about it.
Yeah I really would love to play! that would be flippin' awesome!
"!That Kid!" Wrote:So (numbaonestunna) hows the knee? When ya gonna be able to play?

That knee is pretty jacked up so I won't be catching this year, but we've got a girl who's working hard... it's getting a lot better. hopefully I'll be off my one crutch soon and I won't look like flippin' Tiny Tim any more.
"numbaonestunna" Wrote:That knee is pretty jacked up so I won't be catching this year, but we've got a girl who's working hard... it's getting a lot better. hopefully I'll be off my one crutch soon and I won't look like flippin' Tiny Tim any more.
Hope ya get better soon and hope the new girl gets with the program quickly...lol
"schs_catcher#3" Wrote:Hope ya get better soon and hope the new girl gets with the program quickly...lol

Thanks.
Ur welcome!
"dawgbyte01" Wrote:there are several travel teams in the ashland/huntington area.i am thinking about putting together a 18u team if there is enough interest from the 15th/16th region and play just local tournaments and maybe one high profile exposure tournament.the cost is usually the big issue. with entry fees between 150.00 to 500.00 per tourney,insurance about 200.00 and uniforms any where between 20.00 and 100.00 per player you have to have team fees of 200.00 to 250.00 per player to play in four or five tournaments.and you are exactly right numbaonestunna every team is top notch allstar team.very seldom is any team mercied.
that would be flippen awesome i would love to play
i know of 5 local tournaments,[huntington/ashland] this summer.I would be interested in a 12 player 18u team.team fees would be 200.00 and this would cover the 5 entry fees,insurance and uniforms.if some sponsors step forward we could lower the fees.the team would be called high voltage.so players,sponsors lets hear some feedback.
cool
dawgbyte01 Wrote:i know of 5 local tournaments,[huntington/ashland] this summer.I would be interested in a 12 player 18u team.team fees would be 200.00 and this would cover the 5 entry fees,insurance and uniforms.if some sponsors step forward we could lower the fees.the team would be called high voltage.so players,sponsors lets hear some feedback.
we will be starting up this team after the regional tournament.if any of you players are interested let me know.this will be high intensity softball and only for players that are willing to work very hard on improving their game.I will be posting a date for tryouts soon.we will be an asa sanctioned junior olympic team and will play extremely competitive fastpitch softball.
I play college softball, and i want to play summer ball to stay in shape... you know of any summer leagues, or just pick-up games that happen around the 15th region? there are many summer leagues for 18-under but i am 19 now and i would be willing to work with any of you guys to put at least some pick-up games together just for fun.
dawgbyte02, Michaela Howard of Magoffin Co. has been looking for a summer team. When you set the date for the tryouts let me know because she for sure will be there.