Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negativity in Sports
As long as there will be sports, athletes, and coaches there will always be negativity from someone who feels that they or their loved ones have been screwed over.

I know the feeling of not being liked by other people due to jealousy, lack of understanding as to what type of person I was and am now, and just from outright competitive feelings towards one another.

What I don't agree with is when you have a problem with a coach or another player's parents why is it necessary to bring the child's name in it? I have known the Lyons family for some time and I will freely admit that Bob Lyons can be a intimidating person due to the fact of his knowledge about sports and such. He is someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind. In my opinion, that would be a quality people would like due to the fact they would always know where he stands. But I guess there are some people who can't handle outright honesty. But I don't believe that is Bob Lyons' problem.

I have always found that children can sometimes suffer far worse than the parents when things such as mudslinging and name calling occur. Austin may not be the fastest player on the team. You could even say that he is far from the best. But that's your opinion. If you don't like the way the kid plays, remember he is a kid. Not a professional. He is out there for the love of the game, just like other players who have donned the Blue and White.

Austin, I hope you don't take any of this to heart. Keep your head up and continue doing what you have done. Be proud of who you are and what colors you wear. Let the haters keep on hatin. We've got your back!!!:mad:
IMO, Austin Lyons will be a dominating pitcher by his soph. year!
Great post Envy!
Hey Austin, don't sweat the small stuff. We've got your back!
"Envy~Me~Always" Wrote:As long as there will be sports, athletes, and coaches there will always be negativity from someone who feels that they or their loved ones have been screwed over.

I know the feeling of not being liked by other people due to jealousy, lack of understanding as to what type of person I was and am now, and just from outright competitive feelings towards one another.

What I don't agree with is when you have a problem with a coach or another player's parents why is it necessary to bring the child's name in it? I have known the Lyons family for some time and I will freely admit that Bob Lyons can be a intimidating person due to the fact of his knowledge about sports and such. He is someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind. In my opinion, that would be a quality people would like due to the fact they would always know where he stands. But I guess there are some people who can't handle outright honesty. But I don't believe that is Bob Lyons' problem.

I have always found that children can sometimes suffer far worse than the parents when things such as mudslinging and name calling occur. Austin may not be the fastest player on the team. You could even say that he is far from the best. But that's your opinion. If you don't like the way the kid plays, remember he is a kid. Not a professional. He is out there for the love of the game, just like other players who have donned the Blue and White.

Austin, I hope you don't take any of this to heart. Keep your head up and continue doing what you have done. Be proud of who you are and what colors you wear. Let the haters keep on hatin. We've got your back!!!:mad:

Nice post! :thumb: The kids should never suffer for the rantings of parents and/or other "adults".
It's nice to see posts like these.

NO matter how much you dislike some one- don't take it out on their child. I've watched Austin play at every level of Little League during All Star play, he's a good player with a lot of potential. I watched him pitch last year and the kid is pretty good. Austin- keep playing the sport you love and don't let a few fools bring you down. As far as the comments about Bob Lyons -- Most people have no clue how much time and effort goes into running a league. If it weren't for people like Bob and the other parents who work so hard in their respective league or sport- there would be no baseball to play. Unfortunately its children like Austin who get dogged every step of the way. The children of the league officers, board of directors and coaches-- no matter how talented and hard working they are, every time they make an error some one will be there to point it out. He/She is only playing because their dad coaches or their mom is the president etc... So to Austin and all the other children-- keep your heads up. Don't let a few fools bring you down. Play the sports you love. Work hard and have fun.
"Envy~Me~Always" Wrote:As long as there will be sports, athletes, and coaches there will always be negativity from someone who feels that they or their loved ones have been screwed over.

Very good post. Nice to see some compassion for our fellow people. Thank you. You made my day.:Clap:
I've been on several organizations that Mr. Lyons has been apart of and I must say he gives it his all. He works with kids of all ages and tries to make them better people. Borrowing a line from a movie if "you can't handle the truth" then don't ask. He would say very little if he read this board and it was about him, but mention his son or daughter or another child while trying to get at him and look out. Bob loves kids or he wouldn't be doing the things he does. Sure, he's crossed paths with people who disagreed with him, but all they had to do was convince him their arguement was for the good of the organization or good for the majority of kids and he would listen to you viewpoint. If you were only interested in the good of one or two children, he lets your thought fall on deaf ears.

Boards like this are only as good as the people on them. Let's all work together and make this a good board. We can disagree, but it doesn't have to get personal.
I AGREE THERES NO NEED IN BRINGING IN HIS SON. IF YOU DONT LIKE HIM THEN FINE SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT LEAVE HIS SON OUT OF IT
"Youngerthandirt" Wrote:I've been on several organizations that Mr. Lyons has been apart of and I must say he gives it his all. He works with kids of all ages and tries to make them better people. Borrowing a line from a movie if "you can't handle the truth" then don't ask. He would say very little if he read this board and it was about him, but mention his son or daughter or another child while trying to get at him and look out. Bob loves kids or he wouldn't be doing the things he does. Sure, he's crossed paths with people who disagreed with him, but all they had to do was convince him their arguement was for the good of the organization or good for the majority of kids and he would listen to you viewpoint. If you were only interested in the good of one or two children, he lets your thought fall on deaf ears.

Boards like this are only as good as the people on them. Let's all work together and make this a good board. We can disagree, but it doesn't have to get personal.
HE MIGHT BE A GOOD PITCHER BUT NOT A DOMINATING ONE
"The Guru" Wrote:IMO, Austin Lyons will be a dominating pitcher by his soph. year!
"JOHNBOY1956" Wrote:HE MIGHT BE A GOOD PITCHER BUT NOT A DOMINATING ONE

If I'm not mistaken, the boy is only 14....I think he has a promising future.
Thats my point...I never said that he was dominating...Notice I did say that he was a "KID"...Give the boy time, you may be watching a star in the making...:Clap:
this reminds me of another time and another kid that a few people dissed when he was a little leaguer.but he kept playing the game because his heart was in it brandon webb now is a starting pitcher for dbacks,so young lyons follow your heart and you will never go wrong.in addition from experience it takes a tremendous effort to put a league program on the field so my hats off to anyone that puts forth that effort.the thanks you get come years later when you see these youngsters as contributing members of the community and you had a small part in their development as a productive citizen.we must remember it takes a village.
"dawgbyte01" Wrote:this reminds me of another time and another kid that a few people dissed when he was a little leaguer.but he kept playing the game because his heart was in it brandon webb now is a starting pitcher for dbacks,so young lyons follow your heart and you will never go wrong.in addition from experience it takes a tremendous effort to put a league program on the field so my hats off to anyone that puts forth that effort.the thanks you get come years later when you see these youngsters as contributing members of the community and you had a small part in their development as a productive citizen.we must remember it takes a village.

Great Post.
"dawgbyte01" Wrote:this reminds me of another time and another kid that a few people dissed when he was a little leaguer.but he kept playing the game because his heart was in it brandon webb now is a starting pitcher for dbacks,so young lyons follow your heart and you will never go wrong.in addition from experience it takes a tremendous effort to put a league program on the field so my hats off to anyone that puts forth that effort.the thanks you get come years later when you see these youngsters as contributing members of the community and you had a small part in their development as a productive citizen.we must remember it takes a village.

fantastic post!!!! I hope that wherever you are you are involved with the development of children, we need more like you involved.