Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBA 2012 Boys 8th Grade State Tournament
Yes, the pairings should be out tomorrow. Then the chatter will really get started on here. Looking forward to that. Lol
Gametimes for Friday and part of Saturday are up. Here are some of the mountain teams' opponents:

Hazard vs Anderson County 5:30
AB Combs vs Kammerre 7:50
Clay County vs Farnsley 7:50
Boyd County vs RW Combs 7:50
Middlesboro vs Jackson City 7:50
Chavies vs Hopkinsville 9:00
Webster County vs Pikeville 9:00
Ballard County vs Louisa 9:00
Taylor County vs Betsy Layne 9:00
Henderson South vs Dorton 9:00
Graves County vs Adams 9:00
Old Kentucky Home vs Johnson County 9:00
Madisonville vs Barbourville 9:00

*The schedule also lists Pike Central playing Raceland. Not sure who that is.
Where did you find the schedule?
Big Blue 09 Wrote:Where did you find the schedule?

http://playkba.com

Click on "Schedule" on the left side and then click on the Friday's date on the calendar.
Who are some of the good teams out of Lexington and Louisville?

I know Farnsley and LTMS are always tough.

What about Beaumont, Wilburn, EJ Hayes, and others?
Who are the players on Pike Central? Players from Mullins and Johns Creek combined?
Henderson South won the 8th grade title last year. I do not know what they have coming back. If Pike Central is taking a feeder school team then I know a couple of Virgie boys that would love to join Dorton for a Shelby Valley team.......just saying.
Is this not a school team only tournament?
Anybody know anything about Henderson South's team this year?
Big Blue 09 Wrote:Is this not a school team only tournament?

Should be.If you have a county school that has more than 1 middle school I don't see why the can't combine.
How do they know the best teams in the tournament??
bballfanforlife Wrote:Knox will be lucky to make it out of the first round. Heard the team is falling apart
I would not underestimate them!
Looks like the pairings are out and everyone must be ready for an exciting weekend of basketball, cause not much talk. From what I have gathered the favorite must be Knox, is this correct? Or do you see another team dominating and why?
Good Luck to everyone!! Be safe in your travels and on the court.
Looking for Knox and Elkhorn in the finals.. But good luck to all the teams.
Farnsley and kammerer out of louisville will be hard to be reckoned with. They have great athleticism.
Carbide Wrote:Looking for Knox and Elkhorn in the finals.. But good luck to all the teams.

Well do to the brackets this game will come earlier.
blackunis Wrote:Farnsley and kammerer out of louisville will be hard to be reckoned with. They have great athleticism.

I believe the kammara team was DQ....not really clear why. They were in the middle of their game with Southern.
Courtside Wrote:I believe the kammara team was DQ....not really clear why. They were in the middle of their game with Southern.

Don't know if this is true or not, but we were told that they played a high school player and were disqualified for it.
Wow what a way to end a good weekend of basketball, with the Championship game ended on disqualification!! WTG!!
Overall it was a good experience for the teams.
1 question did anyone else have a problem with the offsite officiating of the tournament? Seemed like they put the newbies at the remote sites. I'm not one usually to complain but some of them were terrible.
Congrats Holmes and all the players that made all tournament!!!
Kammerer was disqualified for using a player that was not on their roster. They had played in a city tournament in Louisville earlier in the day and kept their A team in Louisville and sent their B team to Lexington to play until the city tournament was over and A team could finish and make it to Lexington.
The Owensboro Catholic team had scouted the Kammerer team early on Saturday, then when they played, the A team had arrived and it appeared to be a different team. Once Kammerer defeated Owensboro Catholic, the Owensboro Catholic coach questioned their players.
When Kammerer submitted their roster prior to the tournament, they made an error and left a player off the roster, that played in the Owensboro game. So technically, they used an ineligible player and Kammerer was disqualified.
The game with Southern had not started. The teams were warming up and everyone was aware there was a question about the eligibility on some of the players.
I know some of the 8th graders play on the varsity team, but to my knowledge all the players were in 8th grade and were not freshmen.