Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When should I put out my stuff for deer hunting?
I usually like to set up a feeder an put out salt blocks in the summer for deer hunting. I also got a game camera that i'm going to try. When does everyone else start putting out there stuff?
Spring foot plots, Summer food plots, Summer feeders,summer game cams, fall feeders, fall food plots, fall stands. then winter food plots and occasional feeders.
.... I might and i mean might put out a salt block or a feeder... but usually i jus scout deer i watch what they do in all seasons even when i hunt for something else i can't help but look for deer sign i don't worry much with that stuff i jus try and figure out where their eating and where and when the like to come out of the hill to eat
sidelines i am the same way with looking while i hunt for other things, but i put out some stuff last year. Me and my buddy worked for two weeks straight, we put our a salt block, feeder, clover, an cut away huge shooting lanes, then we didn't even hunt there. When the season came in we found that the deer had switched way on around the hill on us, so this year we are gonna work on both places.

thats some pretty shitty luck lol
"The Guru" Wrote:Spring foot plots, Summer food plots, Summer feeders,summer game cams, fall feeders, fall food plots, fall stands. then winter food plots and occasional feeders.

ther rly aint no need 2 put out food plots over and over again in the spring then again in the summer cuz it still can grow back ovr but wat i usually do is jus plant sum seed sout bout a week or 2 b4 turkey season so i can check to c if it is growing any then go down in squirrel season and plant sum more seeds again if it needs it.
I usually put out a salt block and then a mineral lick within 20 feet of each other in late summer I use deer cocaine for my mineral lick and usually pour a can of molasses on top of it....About a month before bow season comes in i scatter corn onto the ground because i think the deer may become wary of a feeder and spreading it onto the ground is more natural....I dont over emphasize on feeding them though because you can spend a million dollars on feeding deer but if there isnt any there it isnt going to help so scouting is your best option...and oh I think cutting shooting lanes destroys your hunting place because it takes away the natural surroundings that a deer is use to seeing and walking by every day and if you start messing with a deers place its gonna move around the hill or to the next point on you.....Good Luck Hunting!
i like using the salt blocks...i put them out during the summer