Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region teams in the polls!
Do you feel that the 15th region gets a fair deal in the state or any polls? Let's hear your toughts.:beg:
In my opinion, the 15th region doesn't get their fair share of the glory in the polls. I know that the polls don't mean anything, but it would be nice to see some more of the 15th region teams getting their fair share of the glory.
Yes, the 15th region has some special talent, there is at least one team in Magoffin that should be ranked in the state top 25.
Right now, the 15th region doesn't have a team that belongs in the top 20. I know that Magoffin has a big win against a very good Shelby Co and Belfry beat a very good Christian Co, but Magoffin lost to Paris, Newport Catholic, and Johnson Central. Belfry has lost to Johnson Central. Those are teams you're supposed to beat if you want in the top 20.

Next year, Magoffin might be a pre-season top 20 team. Johnson Central and Paintsville will try to crack th top 20 during the year. BTW, Paintsville WILL be better next year.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Right now, the 15th region doesn't have a team that belongs in the top 20. I know that Magoffin has a big win against a very good Shelby Co and Belfry beat a very good Christian Co, but Magoffin lost to Paris, Newport Catholic, and Johnson Central. Belfry has lost to Johnson Central. Those are teams you're supposed to beat if you want in the top 20.

Next year, Magoffin might be a pre-season top 20 team. Johnson Central and Paintsville will try to crack th top 20 during the year. BTW, Paintsville WILL be better next year.
Magoffin should be a pre-season top 10 team next year.
"hornetcrazy" Wrote:Magoffin should be a pre-season top 10 team next year.
no way
"The Fan" Wrote:no way

I AGREE!! 100% :bigeyed:
You guys just don't know, if Magoffin makes it to the state tournament they will be a lock for the state top ten next year. Key phrase (makes it to the state tournament) that is what they have to do. As for now if Rose Hill is a top 20 team, then my Lady Hornets are a top 20 team.
"MCfan" Wrote:You guys just don't know, if Magoffin makes it to the state tournament they will be a lock for the state top ten next year. Key phrase (makes it to the state tournament) that is what they have to do. As for now if Rose Hill is a top 20 team, then my Lady Hornets are a top 20 team.

Well IF is the keyword in there, i hope to god magoffin goes state because they deserve it and i dont see how theyd be a top 10 team next year if they wasent this year? They are losing Calloray witch is big to the magoffin county girls. Plus do u watch any other basketball besides East Kentucky, they are some outstanding teams out their. That are better than magoffin. Well if magoffin are ranked preseason polls ita be top 25 not top 10.
In the Lex. Herald pre-season top 25 players, only the following return:

Rebecca Gray, 5-11 SR, Scott Co
Emily Queen, 6-1 SR, Rose Hill
Janae Howard, 6-1 JR, Owensboro
Tia Gibbs, 5-8, JR, Butler
Briana Green, 5-7 JR, Lex Cath

20 of the top 25 players are gone after this year.

Most of the best teams in the state lost their best players.

Teams like Lex Cath, Assumption, Mercy, Scott Co, and Sacred Heart just re-load. But, there were quite a few teams that are in the top 25 because of players that are graduating this year.

Magoffin will be in the pre-season top 15 next year. If they win the region and then beat a top 5 Central Hardin in the first round, they will be top 10.

Because of their play "down state", Ashley Jade Howard and Kendra Carroll, from Paintsville, both will be pre-season top 25 players in the state.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:In the Lex. Herald pre-season top 25 players, only the following return:

Rebecca Gray, 5-11 SR, Scott Co
Emily Queen, 6-1 SR, Rose Hill
Janae Howard, 6-1 JR, Owensboro
Tia Gibbs, 5-8, JR, Butler
Briana Green, 5-7 JR, Lex Cath

20 of the top 25 players are gone after this year.

Most of the best teams in the state lost their best players.

Teams like Lex Cath, Assumption, Mercy, Scott Co, and Sacred Heart just re-load. But, there were quite a few teams that are in the top 25 because of players that are graduating this year.

Magoffin will be in the pre-season top 15 next year. If they win the region and then beat a top 5 Central Hardin in the first round, they will be top 10.

Because of their play "down state", Ashley Jade Howard and Kendra Carroll, from Paintsville, both will be pre-season top 25 players in the state.

How does Queen and Gray return you have them listed as Seniors...Is that a Typo or does this mean next year they will be???
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:How does Queen and Gray return you have them listed as Seniors...Is that a Typo or does this mean next year they will be???
That's next year's grade.

I should add that Haley Ratliff might get top 25 honors also.

What might hurt Carroll and Ratliff's chances are that they haven't got the team's won/loss records that top 25 players have. Most of the top 25 players' teams have won 45-50 over the last 2 years. Their players have a lot more exposure. Ratliff and Howard have been seen the last couple of years so that helps them. Kendra has only been seen at the All A State. She did play decent down there with 55 points and 17 rebounds in 3 games. But, I don't think it was anything extraordinary. Howard and Ratliff have some very good games against some very good teams, so I'd say they both have a great chance of being pre-season top 25.
People are turning this thread into a forum about a particular team not being ranked. I'm talking about the entire 15th region in general. Futhermore, the moutain top 10 is not kind to 15th region teams. Sure Magoffin is ranked 4th behind Clay, Corbin, and Perry Central, but who has Perry Central really beat. Clay blew Corbin out last week and Corbin didn't fall one spot in the mountain top 10. Why is Paintsville, and Johnson Central not listed? Why is Belfry so low in these rankings? These are the points that I want to discuss (THE 15TH IN GENERAL). Any thoughts on these topics would be greatly appreciated.
"Hoopla" Wrote:People are turning this thread into a forum about a particular team not being ranked. I'm talking about the entire 15th region in general. Futhermore, the moutain top 10 is not kind to 15th region teams. Sure Magoffin is ranked 4th behind Clay, Corbin, and Perry Central, but who has Perry Central really beat. Clay blew Corbin out last week and Corbin didn't fall one spot in the mountain top 10. Why is Paintsville, and Johnson Central not listed? Why is Belfry so low in these rankings? These are the points that I want to discuss (THE 15TH IN GENERAL). Any thoughts on these topics would be greatly appreciated.
Good Post:thumb:
You are right Belfry, JC, and Paintsville should all be in the Mountain top ten. I don't think that Perry Cent. and Corbin should be rated higher than Magoffin Co.
Last Friday's Mountain top 10: This weeks results
1)Clay Co beat Hazard by 33, So Laurel by 6, and Cawood by 52
2)Perry Central Idle
3)Magoffin Beat Lawrence Co by 11
4)Corbin beat Pulaski by 26
5)Belfry Beat Piarist by 54, lost to East Ridge by 1
6)Letcher Central beat Wolfe by 30
7)Middlesboro beat Jackson Co by 17
8)Whitley Co Idle
9)Johnson Central lost to Russell by 8
10)Breathitt Co beat Knott by 6 and Owsley by 26

The only other team from the 15th that could even be considered for this poll, would be Paintsville. But, you also have Knox Central, Bell Co, and Wolfe Co to consider.

With Belfry and Johnson Central losing, they both should fall one spot, but certainly not out of it. I think each team is deserving of the rankings. I don't think the 15th has been slighted at all.
"The Fan" Wrote:no way
not a chance
"MCfan" Wrote:You guys just don't know, if Magoffin makes it to the state tournament they will be a lock for the state top ten next year. Key phrase (makes it to the state tournament) that is what they have to do. As for now if Rose Hill is a top 20 team, then my Lady Hornets are a top 20 team.
i am a Magoffin County fan i would love to see them ranked that high if they do make the state tournament they still wont be top 10 they are alot of good teams down state i am sorry but wont happen
15th region team never get ranked!!! Statewide that is!!
Even on the boys side!! Remember when Paintsvuille won State??? Did you know that of the Sweet 16 teams that year that Paintsville was ranked 15th!!!! What a joke!!!
Of course the next 2 years they were ranked top 10, but not because anyone wanted to rank them that high!!
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Last Friday's Mountain top 10: This weeks results
1)Clay Co beat Hazard by 33, So Laurel by 6, and Cawood by 52
2)Perry Central Idle
3)Magoffin Beat Lawrence Co by 11
4)Corbin beat Pulaski by 26
5)Belfry Beat Piarist by 54, lost to East Ridge by 1
6)Letcher Central beat Wolfe by 30
7)Middlesboro beat Jackson Co by 17
8)Whitley Co Idle
9)Johnson Central lost to Russell by 8
10)Breathitt Co beat Knott by 6 and Owsley by 26

The only other team from the 15th that could even be considered for this poll, would be Paintsville. But, you also have Knox Central, Bell Co, and Wolfe Co to consider.

With Belfry and Johnson Central losing, they both should fall one spot, but certainly not out of it. I think each team is deserving of the rankings. I don't think the 15th has been slighted at all.

Good post. Glad to see someone else has some ideas.