Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Trinity (Louisville)
92.11%
Scott County
7.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity (Louisville) vs. Scott County (6A Championship)
Who wins and Why?
Trinity...Cause they are Trinity!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I only picked Scott County in the poll because they'll need all the support they can get for this one. Al Michaels believes in miracles.

Trinity- whatever they want
Scott County- 7
Stardust Wrote:Who wins and Why?

Who wins....
Trinity 66
Scott County 0

Why.....

Cause Trinity is the best team in the country.
Trinity winning the nat. title along with the state title.
Rocks have won in the playoffs by the scores of:

72-0
55-0
42-6
49-6

Pure domination!

So all that crying in the first two weeks by everyone who did not like Blowouts, what should you have done this year? Just present the 6A trophy to the Rocks and tell them there was no need to play this year!
Trinity 56 Scott Co. 7
If Trinity is the best team in the country, why are they not ranked there? #4 on ESPN's poll..I really have no idea how they're not ranked #1 though.

Trinity big, of course.
Trinity wins.... Scott County could barely get by Boone, how are they going to get by Trinity!?
Trinity enough said!!!!!!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:Trinity...Cause they are Trinity!

Good answer!
Trinity, because they are on a mission.

They see the light at the end of the tunnel and they are going to get there.

Scott County is going to look like the proverbial deer in the headlights.

Running clock in the first half.
Trinity by 5 TDs
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Trinity will come out with intensity and put this to rest early. Running clock early in third quarter unless Scott County allows a couple of defensive scores and a punt return in the first half. Yes, the Scott County struggle with Boone County combined with some opinions I heard from recent opponents of the Cardinals indicates that a mercy rule game is expected.
This is a very special Trinity team. I hope many will take the opportunity to watch them Friday night.
Trinity just outclasses 6A, The better poll would be Trinity Vs UK.....? "NOT" Trinity would take the Cats with ease! Trinity Vs Alabama....Who you got in this one?? JK, however Trinity will take 6A with ease.....................
Trinity is the best team in Kentucky. That includes college as well as high school.
Poor Scott Co. must feel like a condemned man on death row, watching the gallows being built just for him.:yikes:
Saw an interview on TV earlier in the season after a Scott County game. The SC player said "all I know is Trinity better watch out." It took me forever to stop laughing after hearing that. lol. Trinity big in this one
Trinity 66
Scott Co. 0
MSU Eagle Wrote:Saw an interview on TV earlier in the season after a Scott County game. The SC player said "all I know is Trinity better watch out." It took me forever to stop laughing after hearing that. lol. Trinity big in this one

Coach Beatty probably passed this on to his team as well. This will get ugly QUICK! Trinity definately has the best team money can buy in the state. Would like to see them compete on a national level other than a rating system. They play a top notch schedule regionally but as Stardust showed in the playoff scores here in KY, why bother?:yawn: Scott Co.=:Second:
it's the #1 team in the country. Great year Scott Co. But you don't stand a chance.
vundy33 Wrote:If Trinity is the best team in the country, why are they not ranked there? #4 on ESPN's poll..I really have no idea how they're not ranked #1 though.

Trinity big, of course.

Louisville Trinity is #1 in the rivals.com ratings. This source has more credibility than does ESPN in the area of high school ratings.

Although I was for Boone County, it may be good that Trinity will be playing another undefeated team. Trinity will win by a substantial margin but, regardless of the final score, it could be worse if Trinity so chooses.

This Trinity team is likely the best high school team to ever play for a high school in the Commonwealth. It would be difficult to argue otherwise.
Trinity...not even close.
trinity is simply the best ky has to offer. congrats to scott but trinity is just to much for anybody.
Stay within 3 scores of Trinity and I will consider it a victory.
Trinity 49-7.
Trinity has more on the line than a simple State Title. Being ranked #1 by Rivals and competing for what could be a National Championship. Scott Co. will be the whipping boy that gets taken to the woodshed as Trinity tries to solidify that #1 National Ranking, which is no small feat especially for a school from KY.
Good luck to Scott Co against the Trinity University or at least it seems that Trinity is a college team with the amount of talent that it on that team. I think there are some small college's that would not even stand a chance against Trinity!!

Trinity - 56

Scott Co. - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
CLASS 6A
Scott County vs. Trinity
Kickoff: 8 p.m. (EST)
Records: Scott County 14-0; Trinity 13-0
Cantrall ratings: Scott County 89.4; Trinity 99.9
History lesson: Scott County won a 2A title in 1975 and was 4A runner-up in 2004. Trinity has been in the finals 24 times and won 20 titles, including eight in the last 10 years under Bob Beatty.
Fundamentals: Since the season began Beatty has said Trinity's success would depend a lot on its offensive line. The Rocks' senior front, led by John Heile, Joey Warburg and Tyler English, has been outstanding. "It's the oldest cliche in football. If you can run the ball, it takes care of a lot of things. But hey, if you can stop the run, you'll do pretty good, too. Football never changes. It's about blocking and tackling, and may the best man win."
Scott County's leaders: The Cardinals' Wing-T running game spreads the yards among Dierrius Dumphord (1,148 yards, 19 TDs), Josh Walls (777 yards, 14 TDs), Kevo Edwards (620 yards, 7 TDs), and Ben Lawler (432 yards, 12 TDs.) Lawler's passing (1,416 yards, 1 TDs) complements the ground attack. His primary target is Scott Daniel (46 catches, 923 yards, 8 TDs). Avery Ford leads Scott County's defense with 6 picks and 2 fumble recoveries. He's among leading tacklers with J.T. True and John Scott.
Trinity's leaders: Travis Wright has passed for 2,713 yards, 35 TDs, 2 picks. James Quick has 74 catches, 1,290 yards, 19 TDs. Dayln Dawkins has run for 1,748 yards, 28 TDs. Ryan White is a dangerous kick returner. White, Daeshawn Bertram, Hunter Brewer and Adam Reynolds are among leading tacklers. Trinity's defense has allowed only 95 points this season.
Key to victory: Scott County, which has never trailed this season, is used to jumping on opponents early. The Cards can't afford to let Trinity turn the tables on them and build a big early lead.
Scott County (14-0)
Coach: Jim McKee
Seneca W, 45-6
Webster Co. W, 55-6
Harrison Co. W, 52-0
Madison Central W, 35-6
Tates Creek W, 55-8
Clark Co. W, 48-6
Henry Clay W, 48-7
Bryan Station W, 41-13
Paul Dunbar W, 55-6
Simon Kenton W, 41-0
Playoffs
Oldham Co. W, 56-16
Ballard W, 49-35
Eastern W, 52-14
Boone Co. W, 16-14
Trinity (13-0)
Coach: Bob Beatty
Brentwood, Tenn. W, 45-7
Montgomery Bell, Tenn. W, 66-21
Cincinnati Elder W, 56-7
Cincinnati St. Xavier W, 17-7
Indianapolis Cathedral W, 36-14
St. Xavier W, 41-6
Manual W, 58-7
Male W, 49-0
Cincinnati Moeller W, 49-14
Playoffs
Simon Kenton W, 72-0
Manual W, 55-0
St. Xavier W, 42-6
Butler W, 49-6

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/01/19797...z1fO9YkiEe
GEORGETOWN — Scott County Coach Jim McKee rarely minces words, so when asked to size up Trinity, his Cardinals' opponent in the Class 6A finals Friday night in Bowling Green, he didn't hem or haw or qualify his answer:
"They're the best team in the history of Kentucky high school football," he said flatly.
So how does Scott County prepare for the Shamrocks (13-0), who are rated No. 1 in the country by Sports Illustrated and Rivals.com?
The Cards are focusing on themselves and not worrying about the Green Monster that is Trinity football.
"Our total focus has been, let's play as hard as we can, let's compete as hard as we can, and let's try to play one play at a time," McKee said.
Scott County is having a remarkable season, too. It has never trailed and hardly been challenged while going 14-0.
"It's been a phenomenal year," said senior lineman John Scott, who dismissed the notion that the Cards are underdogs in the finals.
Senior quarterback Ben Lawler agreed, saying "it's kind of hard to feel like an underdog if you haven't had the feeling of losing all season."
Besides, Lawler said Scott County can't afford to feel intimidated by Trinity:
"Half the time, teams going in to play Trinity are beat before they set foot on the field because they're scared. We're determined not to have that kind of mind-set."
Scott said the Cards must come out and play their style and try to rock the Rocks: "We've gotta play fast. They're a fast team, too, but we've got to take it to 'em."
That has been Scott County's formula for success this season. It has used its speed on both sides of the ball to jump to quick leads. The Cards have outscored their opponents by a stunning 210-14 in the first quarter.
"It's been proven we come out the gate smokin'," McKee said. "Obviously, we'd rather come out of the gate smokin' against Trinity than falling behind."
Lawler orchestrates the Wing-T attack with aplomb.
He can hand off to a stable of running backs, including Dierrius Dumphord (1,148 yards, 19 touchdowns); Josh Walls (777 yards, 14 TDs); and Kevo Edwards (620 yards, seven TDs).
Lawler is a threat as a runner (432 yards, 12 TDs) and passer (1,416 yards, 15 TDs). His primary receiver is Scott Daniel (46 catches, 923 yards, eight TDs).
The Cards' swarming and aggressive defense is led by Scott, Damon Gray, Avery Ford and J.T. True.
Whether Scott County can execute to its liking against Trinity remains to be seen.
McKee said the thing that impresses him most about the Shamrocks is "they're talented. They have eight kids with Division I offers. We have one kid with one I-AA offer.
"I'm not being disrespectful to Trinity. I respect their tradition, I respect their coaches, I respect their facilities, and their schemes are second to none."
But it helps to have big-time prospects such as James Quick, Dalyn Dawkins and Ryan White.
Scott County won a 2A state title in 1975 and didn't get back to the finals until McKee guided the Cards to the 4A title game in 2004. St. Xavier thumped them 49-9.
Looking back on that runner-up finish, McKee didn't let himself or his players fully enjoy the ride. This time around, he's making sure they savor their time in the spotlight.
"I've done a little better job putting things in perspective," he said. "Winning and losing against Trinity hasn't even been in the conversation.
"We're letting everybody appreciate what we've accomplished. I just want our kids to go play as hard as they can and as well as they can and see what happens."

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/30/19774...z1fOBW1YRe