Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wales chasing Jude's record.
Did some research. Anthony Wales had a standout 300 yd game against Ft. Campbell. What I have researched he trails Jude by 419 yards.

Jude 8,633

Homer 8,224

Wales 8,214

Can anyone tell me if I am correct ?
I thought someone posted that Wales had 8200 coming into the FC game. So he actually has 8200 now?
The local newspaper here in Louisville reported Wales needed 424 to pass the record & 11 to pass Homer's
According to the KHSAA . Wales had 5,429 yds going into this year. He now has 2,785. Which gives him 8,214. Remember he missed some time in the post season due to injury.
I do not believe he is going to get it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Upon further review I was off by four yards on Judes's

Jude 8,637

Homer 8,224

Wales 8,214

So he is 424 from breaking the record.
No , I dont think so. He had 247 in last years title game. The last time Belfry allowed 400 plus to a rb was Michael West of Lawrence Co.
I think Central will probably win by a convincing amount ( I hope not ). But I don't see Belfry giving up that many rush yards.
guys last yr was a blowout. But I am telling you Belfry had five turnovers in there first 8 possessions. i don't think it is going to be a blowout. Poor field position and terrible tackling didn't help either. Belfry wants to dominant the time. They did that last yr. central ran 33 plays. But Belfry didn't secure the football. I am not talking junk or anything but if Belfry hangs onto the ball it can be a game .
I stop see the Pirates D giving up 424 yards against one kid.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^I agree with the last two post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Had he'd played those two game he sit, he would be your all time leading rusher.
It is still possible Wales will break the record against Belfry. He's capable of putting up huge numbers, and IMO he will do just that against Belfry.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Had he'd played those two game he sit, he would be your all time leading rusher.

Yep
If he can break 5 or 6 long ones he's got a chance. I don't know that central will consistently get the ball in bad enough field position for him to have enough room to get the yards, especially if belfry is able to play "keep-away".Having the ball for "33" plays (total) he won't get it though.
with it being his last game and the state, id let him get it if at all possible.
If i was Centrals coach id just gie it to him everytime.
Central's coach pulled him early in last years game holding him 6 yards shy of 3,000 WTH
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Had he'd played those two game he sit, he would be your all time leading rusher.

Probably true, but then again doesn't he already have a distinct advantage in total number of games played over a career?
He didn't start as a frosh , did Jude ?
Bob Seger Wrote:Probably true, but then again doesn't he already have a distinct advantage in total number of games played over a career?

Yep.

Central has played 15 games every season the last four years, no? Johnson Central never played over 13, and 12 this year. So Wales has had at least nine more games over his career to break the record. If you say "injuries", well, that's a part of it. Jude never missed a game due to injury, and that's with playing both sides of the ball every game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:with it being his last game and the state, id let him get it if at all possible.
If i was Centrals coach id just gie it to him everytime.

You mean pad stats?:yikes: Criticize one with that allegation, but support it for the other?

Seriously I would too, if my team had a commanding lead. Once in a lifetime chance.
Diogenes Wrote:Yep.

Central has played 15 games every season the last four years, no? Johnson Central never played over 13, and 12 this year. So Wales has had at least nine more games over his career to break the record. If you say "injuries", well, that's a part of it. Jude never missed a game due to injury, and that's with playing both sides of the ball every game.

Tilghman won it all in 09 so recalculate.
Can anybody find out who has the higher ypc average. And who had the most carries.
Diogenes Wrote:Yep.

If that were true they would be 4 time defending champs.
Coachdad Wrote:Tilghman won it all in 09 so recalculate.

Without taking the time to look it up, and with you more than likely having the answer on the tip of your fingertips,at what point was Central eliminated that year?
Coachdad Wrote:If that were true they would be 4 time defending champs.

Unless they they were defeated in the championship game. In that case the total would remain the same.
Bob Seger Wrote:Unless they they were defeated in the championship game. In that case the total would remain the same.

If history held true then we can assume central would remain "undefeated" every time they make it to state. Especially since the Tilghman team that edged Central destroyed Somerset just like Central would have.
Central played in....
15 games in 08
14 games in 09
15 games in 10
15 games in 11

For a total of 59 games. They were knocked out by PT in 09

Jude played in....

13 games in 08
13 games in 09
13 games in 10
12 games in 11

For a total of 51 games. Highlands knocked them out every single year
Coachdad Wrote:If history held true then we can assume central would remain "undefeated" every time they make it to state. Especially since the Tilghman team that edged Central destroyed Somerset just like Central would have.

That was 2009

Destroyed? Final score was 21-0. I don't call that destroyed.

BTW, PT defeated Central 24 - 21 at PT in the Semi-Finals.
With that said, had it not been for Highlands, Jude could of easily had probably 500 more rushing yards threwout his career.

On the flip side, Wales didnt start his freshman year and has set out a few to injury meaning he could of easily had 500 yards or more for his career.

Theres really no argument for either side.