Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Middle makes the news (not in a good light)
Kimper must have beaten you back in the day.
They must not suck
vundy33 Wrote:And? My team beat nearly as bad, and every other county team has dominated. Kimper couldn't even hit the open layups and threes Pikeville let them shoot! They SUCK, and have always suck and will always get blown out. Simple as that. THis wouldn't be an issue if Kimper could've hit the LAYUPS they were given and scored 10 or 15 points..

I hope this is a child who posted this. I would really hate to believe that an adult would be this hostile towards a school trying to have a program and kids who are obviously wanting to play basketball.
bcats12 Wrote:I hope this is a child who posted this. I would really hate to believe that an adult would be this hostile towards a school trying to have a program and kids who are obviously wanting to play basketball.

Sadly he is an adult. Just vundy being vundy. (typical) Telling middle school kids they suck makes him feel better about himself.
Good God you all are crybabies...no, I'm not a kid, and I'm not telling kids they suck. I'm telling you guys they suck on BGR. How about not that good? That's better. They know they're not that good and never have been. Like I said, which you all ignore, they aren't good and probably won't be because they don't even have a gym, and they BARELY have any kids to choose from. The school doesn't put forth the effort for these kids to field a good team.

I'm not being hostile to a freakin bunch of middle schoolers. All I was saying wasthat Pikeville gave them quite abit of open layups and threes, and they couldn't hit them. They had the chance to score but it just wouldn't go in. Kimper needs to put the effort into these boys if they ever want them to win. That's all I'm saying.

Also saying that it's middle school, teams get beat down, it's life. You guys keep saying it will hurt the kids, but you don't give reasons how? They going to be scarred for life? Never play again because their horrible beat down in middle school? Bad dreams about this game for years to come? No...they won't. They'll laugh about it when they're in highschool, just like I did about Millard and Virgie killing us in basketball and Belfry in football.

My 1st cousin plays for Kimper, I know alot of the boys. He is laughing about it already. It's not a big deal dudes...if you are going to be mad at anyone, be mad at Kimper's administration for not putting hardly ANY effort into the program. My cousin has the best jersey on the team, and it's still worn out! Something as little as new jersey's and warmups would make a hell of a difference in confidence, those boys would love it. They could start from there.

Not being hostile at all. Just saying it's a game...you play to win, and these boys don't mind getting destroyed, it's embarrassing but it's pushing them to get better. Get over yourselves dudes, geez. You're adults.

And Onion Head, you're a troll. You don't know me, so keep your mouth shut about how I am. You're just butthurt whenever the county isn't 100% focused on Valley. All of your posts on here are negative for the most part, never anything positive about anyone or any thing. Your life must suck...
Thread needs closed.

The best thing that could happen is they remove the coaches from Pikeville team and move on, but that aint happening, Johnson is to well connected.
region Wrote:Thread needs closed.

The best thing that could happen is they remove the coaches from Pikeville team and move on, but that aint happening, Johnson is to well connected.

Agree. Thread needs to close. Disagree. Pikeville coaches Do NOT need to be removed.
The topic is still relevant, and there's been no rules violations. Really no need for me to close it yet.
To all y'all talking about pikeville not being top team in state your completely wrong...... I have watched these kids since they were in 4th grade and this summer they went to Georgetown and went undiffeted beat teams such as bullit east by 25 or 30 in the championship game the day before they played scott county and beat them close to the same and these kids have only played three or four games with no one injured and for when they played Knox they had played 4 games befor that and one went into over time Knox only played two so when pikeville finally played Knox in the championship they were tired and only had a three minutes rest and even with that little of time they came out and were ahead of knox by 9 with 1minute in the first half and then started getting in foul trouble with all of there players Johnson fouled out with 14 minutes left in the second half and the others were very tired...... This team might not be the national best but they are very good
My point is, Pikeville haters are all going to hate regardless of what is said. So let'm hate.
Uk2kforever Wrote:To all y'all talking about pikeville not being top team in state your completely wrong...... I have watched these kids since they were in 4th grade and this summer they went to Georgetown and went undiffeted beat teams such as bullit east by 25 or 30 in the championship game the day before they played scott county and beat them close to the same and these kids have only played three or four games with no one injured and for when they played Knox they had played 4 games befor that and one went into over time Knox only played two so when pikeville finally played Knox in the championship they were tired and only had a three minutes rest and even with that little of time they came out and were ahead of knox by 9 with 1minute in the first half and then started getting in foul trouble with all of there players Johnson fouled out with 14 minutes left in the second half and the others were very tired...... This team might not be the national best but they are very good

Not sure where you got your information from but Knox played 4 as well. They played Adams, Johns Creek, Carr Creek and then Pikeville. I heard they have an opening on Tuesday night I am sure their coach would be glad to play you again. After all they came to your neck of the woods you could return the favor. I am not taking anything away from Pikeville's team but please please don't take anything away from Knox team as well because they to are very good!
As someone who has coached middle school teams with below average talent, let me chime in on this. As a coach I want to challange my kids and I schedule some teams I know we probably can't beat...there is no shame in losing and you can usually learn from a loss. I have had 7/8 grade teams that looked like some other schools 5/6 grade teams, and we have been on the bad side of some whoopins. I have also had varsity teams in the past that were far above and beyond better than some teams we played, and could have litterally beat them as bad as this particular game we are talking about. Key word...COULD have. As a coach, you can easily see early in the game if you are that much better than the team you are playing. When that has happened in the past with some of my teams (being much better) I have not hesitated to take my starters out in the first quarter, explain to them the bench would be playing that game, and let my less skilled kids play the game. We have beaten teams by only 25 points or so that we could have beaten by 80 or more easily had I chosen to approach it that way.

With all that said, without seeing the game and just going by what I have read so far...I would have called off the press within the first 2 or 3 minutes of the game if not sooner...I'm sure the coach knew the other team was not going to break it and they could get the ball and score at will. My 2nd string would have been in very early, probably within the first 3 or 4 minutes at least in the 1st quarter. If still significantly better, 3rd string is in the 2nd quarter if not the 1st quarter and finishing the game barring them losing the lead...still want to win, just not demorilize the other team. Now, even with that maybe the other team still only scores 2 points, I don't know. But I think I could have kept the game more "reasonable" playing it the way I described above.

We lost a game something like 102-39 last year...starters still in late in the game pressuring the ball, trying to run the score up to break 100. I knew what was going on...told my kids it was their responsibility to stop them, play harder, use their head, don't turn the ball over. Their coach finally took starters out very late in the game...but what really made me mad is he had the nerve to come up and tell me we wasn't trying to run the score up. I just shook his hand, smiled and turned and walked away:please:

Coaches control the game...blowouts will always happen, but scores like this should and almost always can be prevented and should be, particularly at the lower grade levels. I have more respect for the game and the other team and kids than that. Some may think I'm wrong, but you could not convince me otherwise.
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-bas...yed-honor/

Similar situation
bballfanforlife Wrote:Not sure where you got your information from but Knox played 4 as well. They played Adams, Johns Creek, Carr Creek and then Pikeville. I heard they have an opening on Tuesday night I am sure their coach would be glad to play you again. After all they came to your neck of the woods you could return the favor. I am not taking anything away from Pikeville's team but please please don't take anything away from Knox team as well because they to are very good!

knox did not play adams and i was not taking away from knox i was saying that pikeville is a top contender as well as knox and pkeville played belfry hazard chaves and then knox those teams are much tougher
BoondockSaint Wrote:Its "they're" as in, they are....but we'll just blame that on the Pikeville school system.:biggrin:
Woops! My bad. Thanks for the correction. Those GED classes are really paying off for you! Proud of you man!!!.....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Woops! My bad. Thanks for the correction. Those GED classes are really paying off for you! Proud of you man!!!.....

Be proud of your mother, it takes a lot of nerve to marry your first cousin and then reproduce.
At first thought of this senario, I thought the refs maybe could have called extra tight fouls or some ghosts walks or something to kept the score a little closer, but what would the refs be teaching the kids? Oh thats right the refs don't teach the kids anything the [B]COACH[B] does? So what was being taught? Evidently its ok to beat a undermatched as much as you can? If the tables were turned and Kimper won by that much would it still draw National attention? Yes, and it would still be wrong to coach(teach) that way?
No matter how much people take up for Pikeville, no matter how much people think pikeville did everything they could not to destroy Kimper, they did. I was at the game myself and for your information, they did pull the starters out. But only for about 5 minutes. Like pulling your starters out for 5 minutes out of a 24 minute game is going to change so much. Pikeville is a great team, dont get me wrong. But a lot of different things could have been done to not make this stupid blow out happen.

And also, i wish some of you could have seen the Kimper parents and players after the game. Can you even imagine how they felt going to practice the next day. Or how it will feel when they have to play Pikeville again. If anyone is to blame it is the so called "ADULT HEAD COACH"!! If you could even call him that..
Let's just say, Pikeville is and will always be a hated place. HAHA! But on the other hand, Pikeville players are not ALL to blame for this. I just think it is ridiculous that a so called "ADULT" head coach could sit back and let this happen. Even though, all you Pikeville fans out there posting on this thread are saying Bryan Johnson took his startes out, i was at the game myself. Yes, he took his starters out, but only for 5 minutes. Not much can happen with only pulling your starters out for 5 minutes out of a 24 minute ball game. And yes, blow outs happen all the time. That still doesnt make it right for an adult to be yelling at the game, "PRESS, PRESS", in the fourth quarter and being up by 90 some points.

I see both sides of the story. I just wish some of you could have seen the Kimper parents and players after the game. Can you imagine going to practice the next day, or when they have to play Pikeville again. Most of them were crying. It was pitiful. Bryan Johnson should be ashamed for being able to sit back and act like this was just a usual thing for the Pikeville Panthers. Also, some of you Pikeville kids posting at the top that Kimper sucks, that they dont even have a gym, that just shows what kind of character Pikeville people have!
basksetballfan1 Wrote:Let's just say, Pikeville is and will always be a hated place. HAHA! But on the other hand, Pikeville players are not ALL to blame for this. I just think it is ridiculous that a so called "ADULT" head coach could sit back and let this happen. Even though, all you Pikeville fans out there posting on this thread are saying Bryan Johnson took his startes out, i was at the game myself. Yes, he took his starters out, but only for 5 minutes. Not much can happen with only pulling your starters out for 5 minutes out of a 24 minute ball game. And yes, blow outs happen all the time. That still doesnt make it right for an adult to be yelling at the game, "PRESS, PRESS", in the fourth quarter and being up by 90 some points.

I see both sides of the story. I just wish some of you could have seen the Kimper parents and players after the game. Can you imagine going to practice the next day, or when they have to play Pikeville again. Most of them were crying. It was pitiful. Bryan Johnson should be ashamed for being able to sit back and act like this was just a usual thing for the Pikeville Panthers. Also, some of you Pikeville kids posting at the top that Kimper sucks, that they dont even have a gym, that just shows what kind of character Pikeville people have!
I said I was done with this thread, but it seemingly will just not go away. I'd like to hear the Kimper coache's side of the story, but either he is not speaking to the media, or they haven't reached out to him, or whatever.

Having not been there myself, but having spoken to people whom I trust that were there, the Pikeville coache's published account has been verified by them as correct. So either (and this is just my opinion, don't get worked up) you got caught up in the game and lost track of the time, or lost track of who he put in the game, or whatever, I'm going to go with people I have known for a long time who were there as well, don't even have kids at Pikeville, and say the published account of his is correct.

I don't doubt that the kids and parents were upset and still are, about the game. I'm sure it hurts. But he did everything right except telling them not to shoot. But like I have said (and others), it isn't fair to the Pikeville kids either, to put them in a game off the bench and say "don't score, don't play defense". This is the age now (7th 8th grade) where the games start to mean something, and coaches are developing players towards their high school program. I've seen some people say that they had 4th grade players on their team. I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, that should have been an indication to the coach that he has a team not ready to play the 7th and 8th graders. Maybe playing a C team schedule only (which is typically only 6th graders) would make it a little more competitive, I don't know. Sorry to see the regular season game was cancelled, actually. I wanted to watch it so I could see their team for myself. I will have to try and find out when they are playing another team and go watch them (Kimper). I do wish Kimper well and hope they can move on from this (and everyone else too) and get better and have an injury free season.
After reading all the different accounts, with some saying this is what happened and then some saying the opposite happened, I would love to actually see the video tape of the entire game.

Someone obviously is bending the truth.
You can bet the farm the video would have been posted. If you can be proud of pouring it on an over-matched team.
Big Don Wrote:You can bet the farm the video would have been posted. If you can be proud of pouring it on an over-matched team.
As I've been told, SUPPOSEDLY, someone from Millard has the full game video, but don't know if that is true or not. But typically, when people film these games, it is usually when their kid plays, so it is short snippets. I know when my kids play in their sports, I usually only film a few minutes here and there (I'm sure that will change as they move on into high school sports). At PHS, we are really fortunate to have Panther Thunder, who films the whole football games, but I don't know if anyone does that for all the basketball games (including junior high, I mean), that's got to be fairly rare. But I'm like everyone else, I'd LOVE to see the whole game film.
Agreed. Panther Tunder does an outstanding job with this and we appreciate the work he does in PHS football hi-lights.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Be proud of your mother, it takes a lot of nerve to marry your first cousin and then reproduce.
Try saying that to me face to face tough guy! Leave my Mom outta this! It not her fault you cant take a joke!!!
:ChairHit::Thumbs:REALLY SHOULD GIVE THE COACHES A BIG PAT ON THE BACK..........AFTER-ALL......THIS IS THE PIKEVILLE WAY!!! CONGRATS COACHES (ESP. BRIAN JOHNSON) FOR SHOWING SUCH CLASS!!!! AND A GREAT MESSAGE TO YOUR TEAM!!! YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD!!!!!:biglmao: