Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nine Inch Nails Concert
I just got back from seeing Nine Inch Nails at Rupp, and I liked them a lot before, but WOW..I love this band now...Trent put on one hell of a show, and actually talked to the crowd for a moment which is something he never does...All in all one hell of a show, and I'd recommend any fans to see them in concert sometime..You will have a whole new perspective on them..Probably the best show I've ever been to..:thumb:
Glad you had a good time Alfus. They are a good band, be nice to see them live.
alfus21 Wrote:I just got back from seeing Nine Inch Nails at Rupp, and I liked them a lot before, but WOW..I love this band now...Trent put on one hell of a show, and actually talked to the crowd for a moment which is something he never does...All in all one hell of a show, and I'd recommend any fans to see them in concert sometime..You will have a whole new perspective on them..Probably the best show I've ever been to..:thumb:

How did they do on 'Closer'? I bet it was a sweet show....
glad u had fun man
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:How did they do on 'Closer'? I bet it was a sweet show....

Closer was pretty sweet...They got really hard towards the end of it, and I loved it...They played around 20 songs, and finished with "head like a hole" which is my favorite song...

I seriously suggest that you go see them sometime...It's unbelievable..
Alfus is the wrockledge still open? NIN played there 2 times each year, while I was a going to UK I actually got to NIN 3 times, the first Trent was touring as NIN solo, next time there were 2 other members, he was awesome each time. Now he is playing Rupp, nice to see he really made it.

The wrockledge used to be a great place to see up an coming bands.
I liked the old NIN better, I dont like there new material; Glad you had fun though.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Alfus is the wrockledge still open? NIN played there 2 times each year, while I was a going to UK I actually got to NIN 3 times, the first Trent was touring as NIN solo, next time there were 2 other members, he was awesome each time. Now he is playing Rupp, nice to see he really made it.

The wrockledge used to be a great place to see up an coming bands.

Never heard of the wrockledge so I'm assumming it is no longer in existance...Yeah he really has made it, and it's great...
Cameron Crazy Wrote:I liked the old NIN better, I dont like there new material; Glad you had fun though.

The old stuff was alright..A couple of songs from "Downward Spiral" are pretty tough, but the new stuff is also pretty tough..Not much difference in it really...Still the same old Trent...
I would have loved to be there, but alas...
NINE INCH NAILS RIPS THROUGH THE NIGHT
By Walter Tunis
CONTRIBUTING MUSIC CRITIC

Trent Reznor is a man of few words -- at times, perhaps, too few.
After all, he let five years slip away between tours and recordings by alternative rock favorite Nine Inch Nails. But when time came for him to chat last night at Rupp Arena with a crowd of 6,100, his promise was simple and solemn: "We will not let you down."
The moment was earnest and slightly awkward. "That's why I don't talk much between songs," he added.
For the record, Nine Inch Nails did not come close to letting anyone down. Talk, it seemed, simply wasn't required. NIN's two-hour program was as arresting musically as it was visually and unleashed enough personal demons in its songs to crowd every psychiatric couch within miles of Rupp.
The thematic bleakness floated in like a fog over the metallic hum of the show-opening Mr. Self-Destruct. It settled over Rupp for the duration of the show. But the music never once sounded static.
Sin, for example, was ripped in two by buzzsaw solos from guitarist Aaron North so that a flood of techno grooves could overtake the tune. Terrible Lie, on the other hand, was juiced by jolts of chiming keyboard accents by Alessandro Cortini. And for sheer flexibility, bassist Jeordie White and drummer Josh Freese (both of whom double as the rhythm section of the metal-savvy prog-rock circus known as A Perfect Circle) locked behind Reznor as the music rose in deafening, brutish waves and subsided into dark, disturbing hums of synthesized cool.
Reznor, tight-lipped as ever until the time came to let his lungs rip on a song, had a field day with the fury. On the Downward Spiral anthem March of the Pigs, he tossed microphones, water bottles and assorted stage paraphernalia into the crowd. Later, as newer songs like Every Day Is Exactly the Same struggled to portray NIN's more redemptive side, Reznor served as the stoic frontman -- a near motionless silhouette against a carnival of lights, projection and visual effects.
For much of the concert's middle section, in fact, all of NIN became an invisible entity that played behind a curtain that showed a scrapbook of unsettling images that ran from the ruins of Reznor's New Orleans homeland to Discovery Channel-like footage of insects devouring each other. Then the colors bled in, Reznor appeared as a sprite of sorts and the images turned into window panes that exploded into shards of glass splinters.
NIN is great, i was in Lexington the night of the concert but didnt get the chance to go. wish i could have went but oh well ill catch the next show close to home. NIN rules !
[quote author=Torn_Apart link=topic=19974.msg214173#msg214173 date=1142820922]
NIN is great, i was in Lexington the night of the concert but didnt get the chance to go. wish i could have went but oh well ill catch the next show close to home. NIN rules !
[/quote]

Yeah you should have went...Still can't get over how good it was...They just added some tour dates for the summer and Columbus is the closest thus far, but it's probably worth it