Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2012
Thoughts and Predictions??
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Alot of returning starters, only had 5 seniors. Need to find a RB on offense, Looking foward to see #8 Hamilton at QB I expect to see alot of Passing, wideouts Spencer, Daniels,Case, Rogers, Direco, Hamilton has alot of targets to hit. on Defense returning 8 starters led by Sailsbury and Spencer this could be a great year for the BOBCATS..players are in weight room now and good numbers so far.Good luck players and coaches!!
With Hamilton back at QB & only a JR. i think BL has a stable of pretty good WR's. With that being said my opinion would be to change up the offense to suit your players. Little less run happy and a little more pass happy.
I think with BL being a traditionally run team first it could bring a little more excitement to the program. Use your gun slinger before you lose him.
The quarterback did throw for over 1500 yards. I know BL has been traditionally a run happy team, but I think the transition to be more "spread oriented" happened this year. Not to mention they did have two 1,000 yard backs which was pretty impressive.
I think BL will be fine. They lost a few seniors that really contributed according to khsaa. I read in a previous post they went undefeated in junior varsity level as well. I would probably go to a one back set, and throw, throw, and throw some more. We will really see what the Hamilton kid is made up of.
Are you saying Hamilton may leave? Or is unhappy? Sounds like you know something, tell the BGR world BlackCat Fan!
Betsy layne hs is no match for us.
sportscritic Wrote:Are you saying Hamilton may leave? Or is unhappy? Sounds like you know something, tell the BGR world BlackCat Fan!

No not at all. Just saying he only has 2 more years left. Use him before he is gone. As someone else stated they went to a spread some this year, but it was later in the season from what i seen. I'm just saying i think they need to swing a little more in that direction now that there stable of RB's are gone. They seem to more loaded at the WR position.
I agree BlackCat Fan. They will have a lot of skill guys and heard through a cousin they have been lifting for a few weeks. Glad to see the program to continue to grow.
From what little I know about the Bobcats I will say the weightroom along with how the defense can improve will go along way in how well this team does or doesn't do in 2012.

Also has the case with most smaller schools adding a few players would not hurt.
With addition of Drillers coach Rick Krantz to coaching staff expect to see alot of different looks on offense. Krants took several AAU teams to state championships in Las Vegas at the highschool level. should be fun to watch this team put BIG points on the board this year. Congrats Coach Krants and welcome to the BOBCAT family...GO BOBCATS
im very excited to be a bobcat!!
Until they get a weight program, they will not be able to go to the next level.
Weight room makes or breaks a football team.
Do they not have a weight program? They have in the past..... Glad to see they are having a little success. They are not a top tier program, not sure they can or ever be one, but they are getting some wins and trips to the play-offs, much better than it used to be.
Sheriff, they do have a weight program. Been lifting since Dec. I think they will be fine. Can't wait to see the new turf!
congrats on bl getting turf. but i dont see them being a passing team just yet they still have alot of skilled backs and the hamilton kid does have a good arm but he has to have a good line to give him some time to throw the ball and bl never has a strong line
They return the 4 out of 5 starters on o-line. I would say the o-line will be fine. Hamilton did throw for over 1500 yards, and the bobcats had 2 thousand yard rushers. I would say the line did alright, wouldnt you?
tebow Wrote:They return the 4 out of 5 starters on o-line. I would say the o-line will be fine. Hamilton did throw for over 1500 yards, and the bobcats had 2 thousand yard rushers. I would say the line did alright, wouldnt you?

Looking at last years line pre-game i thought they would be in trouble. Once the game started it was clear they played bigger than there size. If they are returning 4 out of 5 starters on the line i dont think the line will be a problem transitioning to more of a passing attack.

The Drillers coach was brought on for a reason. I think its what i mentioned earlier in this post. BL with the talent they have a QB & WR will run more of a spread offense next year & could be dangerous.
tebow Wrote:Sheriff, they do have a weight program. Been lifting since Dec. I think they will be fine. Can't wait to see the new turf!

I don't think they meant that BL doesn't actually lift weights. I think they meant it is not producing results it should be and they need an actual lifting program. But the turf will be good for the team. Nicer facilities will make it easier to keep the middle school players at BL.
well in my opinion i think the drillerz coach will help with the play calling hopefully because i think the bobcats could have won the district championship last year with the win over leslie co. but he called a dump pass on 3rd an 12 and to tie the game on a 2pt conversion ran a toss right out of single back with no blockers an the play got blew up in the back field but the past is the past ...best of luck bobcats
sportscritic Wrote:Until they get a weight program, they will not be able to go to the next level.

they have a weight program but it is not the best in the world because the kids stand around and do what ever they want .... no structure well maby a hard lift once a month and no lifting what so ever during the season i think that should change
I was talking about ever, I'm sure if they are in the weightroom they will produce. I read earlier that BL wasnt like other programs they didnt lift until season started. Guess I was wrong. First time for everything.
I think BL will and can improve to win 9 games next season.
I dont know what standings you are looking at but, one win at leslie, wouldnt have put them in first place. I hope your smarter than that.
Last year some of the players did what they want, because they thought they were bigger than the program. But this year, seems to have a lot of promise. I dont think you have any EGO's on the team!
As long as Coach Parsons is the Head Coach, he will be calling the Offense.
Outsider54 Wrote:well in my opinion i think the drillerz coach will help with the play calling hopefully because i think the bobcats could have won the district championship last year with the win over leslie co. but he called a dump pass on 3rd an 12 and to tie the game on a 2pt conversion ran a toss right out of single back with no blockers an the play got blew up in the back field but the past is the past ...best of luck bobcats

well they moved up tp 2a to have another 7-4 record so how can you say anything about play calling??:flush: your opinion dosent matter to BL they are going to do work next year and i cant wait to see
Outsider54 Wrote:they have a weight program but it is not the best in the world because the kids stand around and do what ever they want .... no structure well maby a hard lift once a month and no lifting what so ever during the season i think that should change

and how would you know that?? i think your posts are retarted??
:biglmao: they shure didnt look like that that is all they did this past season they had over 20 kids benching over 200 an i would know that because i saw it my self :happysmile:
I'm still not sure BL can make it to playoffs.....They will have a good team ...but will still probably be last in the district.