Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers losing the super bowl
Crazy Horse Wrote:Ownership means everything, look at Pats, another great run team. I know enough about it to know to get the right coaching staff. Like the head coach to a point, but off. coor. and def. coor. are average at best. Even with the 5th ranked defense. This year was the first true year they had a draft worth something, I mean just look at Dalton and Green.

I actually think Lewis has done a pretty solid job at Cincinnati. I do think it was a good move to get rid of Bratokowski (however it's spelled) as offensive coordinator, but overall he has done a solid job, leading the Bengals to the playoffs twice, which had not been done since 1990. But with Brat. still coaching the offense, I doubt we would be anywhere near where we are now with our record, and people would probably be calling for Dalton's head. And like you said, ownership means everything.

Look at Bill Belichek (Another one I can't spell lol) with the Pats, and look at him with the Browns...big, big difference in success.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I understand the hostility. Most Bengals fans have an inferiority complex about the Steelers. And for good reason. The Bengals are an inferior organization top to bottom when compared to The Steelers. The Steelers are the standard and the bungles are the joke of the NFL. I root for The Steelers for a lot of reasons ,yes they are winners, but alot of teams win. I like their style of play. They play the game the way it should be played IMO. But the biggest reason is the Rooney family. They dont go out and buy high priced free agents like the cowboys, yankees, and miami heat do or like the bungles try in vain to do.. The Steelers build through the draft and scout players that nobody has ever heard of and make GREAT football players out of them. Which is the way it should be done. When a team is run the way the Rooneys and Kevin Colbert run the Steelers. Winning takes care of itself. You may not like it and if I were a bungle fan I guess I wouldnt like it either. But dont be hating just because you root for an inferior team.

I can hate if I want to hate, and if you don't like it...

:moon:

I do agree about the Steelers being good - but again, many Steelers fans dodge my bullet in that should the Steelers have a day when they aren't successful (The Rooneys are excellent but they won't be around forever!), the bandwagon will fall apart. Say what you want about the Bengals. Keep calling them the Bungals if it makes you feel better. I take that kind of stuff as a compliment, because if we were a franchise that was completely irrelevant, then the Steeler fans wouldn't take their precious time to bash us.
Rooney's have plenty of sons and men to pass that team down from generation to generation, lmao
^ I'm sure they do...

But that don't mean they'll be as good. Plenty of torches have been passed through generations in a lot of things, only for a new generation to screw it up at some point.
WideRight05 Wrote:I can hate if I want to hate, and if you don't like it...

I do agree about the Steelers being good - but again, many Steelers fans dodge my bullet in that should the Steelers have a day when they aren't successful (The Rooneys are excellent but they won't be around forever!), the bandwagon will fall apart. Say what you want about the Bengals. Keep calling them the Bungals if it makes you feel better. I take that kind of stuff as a compliment, because if we were a franchise that was completely irrelevant, then the Steeler fans wouldn't take their precious time to bash us.

Your making no sense at all. You say we are calling you the Bungals o make us feel better and you take it as a compliment. We take your dumb thread as a compliment. Because you said yourself our Steelers are always in contention for winning a super bowl. And that's fine by me. I'll take a super bowl appearance and loss. Rather then not even making it to the super bowl. So keep bashing us and calling us bandwagon fans. Because we Steeler fans take it as a ''compliment'' as you would call it. hahahahaha
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Then I guess we can say we highly respect each other's football teams. Big Grin
All teams have some wagon rider's,but no team has or had them like the Cowboy's. I can't stand those closet cowboy fans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can see this thread being started by a Green Bay fan,..........but a bengals fan? :lmao:
WideRight05 Wrote:I can hate if I want to hate, and if you don't like it...

So I called your team inferior and you take that as a compliment? Did you eat paint chips as a child? Just curious....
^ Sounds to me more like you ate a big bowl of "dumbass" as a child.
Exactly how many Superbowls has the bungles won?
0? I think so....
WideRight05 Wrote:^ Sounds to me more like you ate a big bowl of "dumbass" as a child.
Nice! Did you hurt yourself coming up with that one?....