Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lawrence county school system
lets hear what everone thinks about the current lawrence county school system.the feedback here should point a direction.do we need a new super,a new board,stay the same?I'm sure alot of you have an opinion,good,bad, or in between,lets hear it. :argue:
I think ever since he has taken over, the school system has went down hill.  It was already not the greatest,  but he sure has done anything to help it out.  It has gotten so bad its not wonder why all the kids want to leave for better education.
we are looking at relocating to  another school system simply because there seems to be more emphasis on draining the cash cow than in educating the students.
I'm not sure I just know that where the good ole boy system was in effect the system has gotten worse but in parts of the county where it wasn't the system has gotten better and they've even had to ship kids to Fallsburg this year.  The one problem that was at Fallsburg was taken care of and its only gotten better.  Maybe its getting worse before it gets better because sometimes it better just to burn the house down and build another instead of trying to remodel.  I say give him the rest of this term and if its not better then lets change. 
An additional note if things don't change at the High School level we've already decided that once we get to that level we will be sending are kids somewhere else.
Thats what I am saying why should we as parents have to ship our kids to others places.  Hell our kids want to stay where there friends are and that is right here.  There never really was a good ole boy it just was ran a little better.  Now everyone that is hired is from Pike Co.  look at the last several that has been hired and they are from Pike Co.  instead of trying to put people in the jobs from with-in the Co.  I know of several that were told there was no job for them and sent away and then someone from Pike Co was hired.  That is a bunch of bull.