Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6'3" Transfer from Chicago now at Buckhorn
Wonder if he will be eligible tonight against Wolfe? Since Hazard got their transfer done so quick, I'm sure Buckhorn will too. Heard he would make a difference in the region.
Hoops, you sure got it out for Hazard, dont ya?
He will help this team for sure. He is a high riser that can shoot it. This puts buckhorn back at the top of the mountains.
Not out for them at all, just wonder how they get kids eligible so fast and wonder how they get so many yes's and very little no's from Khsaa. Must be because they don't recruit, and everyone else does! Smile
ballstar Wrote:He will help this team for sure. He is a high riser that can shoot it. This puts buckhorn back at the top of the mountains.

I disagree. I think him and Day will have a brawl after each game because the lack of touches of the ball each get per game.
I'm sure Day and the rest of the senior oriented team will welcome all the help! All A state champs, Go Horn!
I think, since he is a ward of the state, he is already eligible.
^u r correct
Is this true??

If so I would hold out any thoughts on the kid's play until we have seen him play. Having attended Buckhorn we got a few of the children's center players while I was there and none of them were any good.
EKYHoops Wrote:Wonder if he will be eligible tonight against Wolfe? Since Hazard got their transfer done so quick, I'm sure Buckhorn will too. Heard he would make a difference in the region.

You don't know how long it took Hazard. No one on here does so don't act like you do.
EKYHoops Wrote:Wonder if he will be eligible tonight against Wolfe? Since Hazard got their transfer done so quick, I'm sure Buckhorn will too. Heard he would make a difference in the region.

You don't know how long it took Hazard. No one on here does so don't act like you do.
I do know he was playing for south laruel 2 or 3 different times this yr. He was kicked off or quit then came back. The reason he left is because off court issues. If all that happened he couldnt have been there to long. Thats a short time for all 3 or 4 of those things to happen.
Do we know anything about the young man? Just because he's a transfer does not translate in to star.
not yet, working on it
Is this 100% true?...if so someone has to know a name. And where did he previously play.
Show up at Wolfe tonight and you will probably find out! Smile
ballstar Wrote:I do know he was playing for south laruel 2 or 3 different times this yr. He was kicked off or quit then came back. The reason he left is because off court issues. If all that happened he couldnt have been there to long. Thats a short time for all 3 or 4 of those things to happen.

The kid didn't play Football so that means he's been with the Basketball team since school started. And yes teams work out as soon as school starts.
The 14th region is becoming a mecca for basketball star transfers. Someone's let out our little secret of how good the basketball and living is here. Now the floodgates will open and we'll be overrun with star athletes.
Hopefully some of this new talent eventually finds the 56th district.:welcome:
We want in on the party too, but our budgets aren't up to snuff right now. We'll have to work on that.
ekff Wrote:The kid didn't play Football so that means he's been with the Basketball team since school started. And yes teams work out as soon as school starts.

Wonder if he played in any of their scrimmages???
Go Buckforn! Let's take state
Confusederiously:Go Buckforn! Let's take state
As for the transfer to Buckhorn, I am there nearly every day and this is not true as far as I know.
I don't believe this to be true, I haven't seen him around Buckhorn if he is there. I don't think I am wrong, but I believe Buckhorn has the same team they have had for the past few years except for a few incoming freshmen.
is this for real? who can confirm it?.. this would certainly help them... or is it just rumor?.. time will tell..
EKYHoops Wrote:Not out for them at all, just wonder how they get kids eligible so fast and wonder how they get so many yes's and very little no's from Khsaa. Must be because they don't recruit, and everyone else does! Smile

They don't...Eric Back, Even Whitaker, Andrew Abbott...all players who had to sit out a year at Hazard. Only local school I know of that did not get players eligible.
One of my friends is on the team, he says its true.
nannook Wrote:They don't...Eric Back, Even Whitaker, Andrew Abbott...all players who had to sit out a year at Hazard. Only local school I know of that did not get players eligible.

Breathitt has had a few have to sit out a year as well. We have a girls basketball player who will have to sit out this year because Owsley will not release her. Will Sandlin had to sit out a year of football when he transferred as well.