Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite brand fishing pole?
"ShakeandBake" Wrote:the ugly stick is one of the most durable sticks ive seen in a while
Never heard of them...........but i don;t fish that much...
the ugly stick is a great stick it is a great catfish rod
yea it is
cherry rod
Bass fishing I will go with a G-Loomis 6 1/2 or 7foot rod with a Shimano Calcutta bait caster.
"kybass88" Wrote:Bass fishing I will go with a G-Loomis 6 1/2 or 7foot rod with a Shimano Calcutta bait caster.

Them are some money rods and reels but as they say you get what you pay for and they are both good I don't have any G-Loomis rods but I do have the Calcutta and it a great reel, I like the Falcon Low rider rods. Where do you fish at kybass88, I live on Yatesville as much as I can
ambu-garcia
"Bassman" Wrote:Them are some money rods and reels but as they say you get what you pay for and they are both good I don't have any G-Loomis rods but I do have the Calcutta and it a great reel, I like the Falcon Low rider rods. Where do you fish at kybass88, I live on Yatesville as much as I can
I live in Lexington. I fish lake Cumberland, Laurel , Last year took a nice trip to Canada Mitchiles Bay Lake Saint Clair, Then went to the Harrison chain in Florida both great trips. Have you been to Ceder Creek Lake in Crab Orchard ky, Great Bass Lake. Size limit 21in 1 Fish and they are there. If you have not fished that lake your missing some nice fishing.
I have a 1959 Abu Garcia that is death to bass.
I will go with the g-loomis on the rod and Quantum or Daiwa
Im a big fan of shimano and G. Loomis rods i have had a G. loomis rod made specificall for use with jigs that i have fished with for a long time they are expensive but its an incredible rod as for reels i use a shimano bait casting that is about 20 yrs old and i wouldnt trade it for any kind of new reel
Doc Holliday I have to agree.. lol j.j

For the money the 33's are hard to beat.
33's are hard to beat.
kybass88 Wrote:Bass fishing I will go with a G-Loomis 6 1/2 or 7foot rod with a Shimano Calcutta bait caster.

My choice exactly. Can't go wrong.:thumpsup:
Garcia's are sweet.
ugly stick
clubber_layne Wrote:ugly stick
with a zebco 33
I use an up-rooted tree. I then bite off the roots and tie my line around that end.
i like a 33 but i cant resist an ugly stick
Shakespeare
i have to agree
I love my Shimano FX2000 and my mini Shakespere Graphite Excurison...cheap little pole but I love it and all my rod and reels
I like Zebeco
Zebco 33 is really all ive ever used. Caught many a fish, and some massive carp on that bad boy. I recently got a new one with the titanium and ball bearing system wrote on it, and i love it
I really like the newer rhino combos, there fairly cheap and durable i really enjoy fishing with them
I like Berkly, Bass Pro brands, and 1 or 2 others.
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Ugly Stik hands down. It's the best pole I've ever used. As far as reels go, the Abu Garcia Ambassador 6000 is my favorite.

heard that... you cant break them things
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Ugly Stik hands down. It's the best pole I've ever used. As far as reels go, the Abu Garcia Ambassador 6000 is my favorite.
i agree the ugly stick is the best and a 33 reel can"t go wrong.
Abu Garcia reels
Shakespeare Ugly Stik rods
g-loomis rods are great, you get what you can afford though lol

i go with team allstar.