Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indianapolis Colts
I know there has been a lot of talk about what the Colts should do about Peyton Manning or Luck.

I know everyone has their own opinion and I'm not just starting a Manning fight but what does everyone really think? And Zaga and Aslan let's not turn this into a Manning/Brady war!

As a big time Colts fans this is what I would love to see:

Colts offer a trade to Miami:

#1 overall pick
WR Pierre Garçon
TE Jacob Tamme
Future 3rd Round Pick

For

WR Brandon Marshall

Then Colts draft QB Kellen Moore in 2nd round.
If Luck is legitimately the next Peyton Manning, then unload Manning for a 1st round draft pick. Unload Reggie Wayne for a 2nd round pick. Draft Luck and draft a Linebacker in the 1st and a DB in the 2nd. This team is horrendous on defense, so having Peyton on the team does not fix the long-term issues of this team.
ekff Wrote:I know there has been a lot of talk about what the Colts should do about Peyton Manning or Luck.

I know everyone has their own opinion and I'm not just starting a Manning fight but what does everyone really think? And Zaga and Aslan let's not turn this into a Manning/Brady war!

As a big time Colts fans this is what I would love to see:

#1 overall pick
WR Pierre Garçon
TE Jacob Tamme
Future 3rd Round Pick

For

WR Brandon Marshall

Then Colts draft QB Kellen Moore in 2nd round.

The Colts would not have to offer all of that for Marshall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:If Luck is legitimately the next Peyton Manning, then unload Manning for a 1st round draft pick. Unload Reggie Wayne for a 2nd round pick. Draft Luck and draft a Linebacker in the 1st and a DB in the 2nd. This team is horrendous on defense, so having Peyton on the team does not fix the long-term issues of this team.

Manning has had this same Def for years.

W/o Manning teams don't care if Colts O is on the field or not but With Manning teams don't try to score quick... The whole league has been scared of Manning for the last 8 years.
OOOOORRRRR

Colts could win out and take Richardson at #3... like I said from the beginning.
ekff Wrote:OOOOORRRRR

Colts could win out and take Richardson at #3... like I said from the beginning.

Who's going to be your QB?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
ekff Wrote:As a big time Colts fans this is what I would love to see:

#1 overall pick
WR Pierre Garçon
TE Jacob Tamme
Future 3rd Round Pick

For

WR Brandon Marshall

All I really wanna say is that you can get way, way, WAY more goodies from Miami than just Brandon Marshall.
ekff, I still believe you go with Luck. Because he WILL be an NFL quarterback for man, many years.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Aslan Wrote:Brady/Manning war? Brady was clearly the decisive winner.
IDC what the Colts do, as long as they keep losing.

Some of the biggest arguments of my life game from these two names! I HATE and I do mean absolutely, 100% HATE the Patriots! But I do respect them and Tom Brady and believe Brady has won the battle. But Manning, IMO has the better ability to read and audible plays.
#BBFL
EKFF, I like the idea of keeping Manning and drafting Richardson. I dont ever remember the Colts having a running game that Richardson could bring to the table. I dont like seeing the Colts so I dont want them to get TR but I do believe that would be a great pick. Moore should be a day 2 pick at best, right now he is projected as a 5th or 6th rounder.
^ IMO Moore is going to be a steal for someone.. 3 or 4 years behind Manning and Moore could be a pretty good QB.

Manning is still going to be Manning I don't know what has made people think different.
I love this idea for the Colts. I think Kellen Moore will be a great fit for the system in Indy especially if he is mentored by Peyton Manning. Also, I don't think they would have to trade all that for Brandon Marshall. But, overall I LOVE this idea for the Colts.
ekff Wrote:^ IMO Moore is going to be a steal for someone.. 3 or 4 years behind Manning and Moore could be a pretty good QB.

Manning is still going to be Manning I don't know what has made people think different.

So you stockpile your QB position, and lose, Lose, LOSE, because the rest of the team suck, Suck, SUCKS! This team needs a major overhaul on both sides of the ball. And if you tie up 25% of your total payroll on QB's then this team will NEVER be good again!
Trade Manning and Wayne for draft picks and work for the future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:So you stockpile your QB position, and lose, Lose, LOSE, because the rest of the team suck, Suck, SUCKS! This team needs a major overhaul on both sides of the ball. And if you tie up 25% of your total payroll on QB's then this team will NEVER be good again!

So you think Manning is going to lose?

Manning is still going to be Manning people!
I'll take Manning playing for the next 3 years and winning 10 games a year than Luck playing and watching him learn for the next 2 or 3 years.

There will be another good QB out there in 3 or 4 years for the Colts to draft. But I would really like the Colts to draft Moore. Manning could turn him into a good NFL QB.
J-Rod Wrote:All I really wanna say is that you can get way, way, WAY more goodies from Miami than just Brandon Marshall.

Brandon Marshall would be better then Wayne if he had a QB.

Manning has never had a BIG WR.
Ill take a healthy Manning over pony tail brady any day
Id take Luck and cut ties with manning one way or another. Had this been 2 years ago I would say keep manning and trade the pick, but with the new CBA being in place now teams are gonna get top picks at a bargain compared to past years(Cam Newtons contract is worth 56 million less overall and 28 million guaranteed than Sam Bradford). Manning is gonna get 28 million if he is on the roster at the start of the league year and with Reggie Wayne's expiring contract, Luck's ability to step in and play right away makes him an attractive pick. The money you gain with Manning and Wayne gone could be spend building a great team around Luck. The list of free agents looks good for the colts

RB
Matt Forte
Arian Foster (restricted)
Ray Rice
Peyton Hillis
Michael Bush

WR
Mike Wallace (restricted)
Dwayne Bowe
Desean Jackson
Vincent Jackson
Aslan Wrote:He has always had the best receiving group though.

YEAH RIGHT! Get real.. I know you hate Manning but there's no way you can believe that... Garçon and Collie suck. Wayne is good but he's still no a go get it guy... Garçon and Collie wouldn't start on a lot of teams.
ekff Wrote:YEAH RIGHT! Get real.. I know you hate Manning but there's no way you can believe that... Garçon and Collie suck. Wayne is good but he's still no a go get it guy... Garçon and Collie wouldn't start on a lot of teams.

L.M.A.O.
Yeah, I dislike Manning, but your so biased towards him it's ridiculous.
You didn't mention him having Marvin Harrison most of his career and one of the best TE in the game, in Dallas Clark.
Aslan Wrote:L.M.A.O.
Yeah, I dislike Manning, but your so biased towards him it's ridiculous.
You didn't mention him having Marvin Harrison most of his career and one of the best TE in the game, in Dallas Clark.
and Marshall Faulk and Edgerran James
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The one weak point on the Colts during the whole Manning era has been their defense. You can have a great quarterback like Manning, but if your defense struggles then you are still going to have a hard time winning ball games. The year the Colts won the Super Bowl, they made their run through the playoffs playing solid defense. Most of the time the Colts lost this past decade was because their defense let them down at some point during the playoffs.

That being said, your QB is your field general. Manning if I am correct would be somewhere around the age of 35 right now. The Colts should use that pick to draft Andrew Luck and let him get a year or two of experience working with Peyton Manning, provided that Manning will still play. They'll have a good pick in the draft - so they should be able to get a couple of defensive players in the second and third round. But their first round draft pick this time around should definitely be a QB.
I say draft Luck and have him learn under Manning much like the Rodgers/Favre situation.
Manning's neck STILL hasn't started to improve from what they're saying.
I'd try to trade the whole team for Tom Brady and Draft Picks then pick up some Free Agents.
The Defense would take a while but as long as Brady has someone with hands to throw to you're fine on offense.
Yea, let take a big risk with Luck, seeing as to how all the rookie qb's thats came threw this league has flew by with ease.

WAKE UP!
Theres a 90% chance Luck will suck throughout his career instead of being a savior for Indy.
Id keep Manning.
Cam Newtons made it look easy.
I'm not really that big on Luck and him being the best QB prospect in the last 25 years. Yeah, they really said that on ESPN.
Plz everyone remember this thread....

At the end of next year when Peyton Manning has the Colts in the playoffs with a chance to win the super bowl you all will be eatting your words!!!!

Plz remember!