Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins demands trade
Wow! Can't say I saw this one coming. Washington might be good for Cousins though. It will be really cool to see he and Wall back together again.
Wow, LWC will lose his mind
Poor LWC
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
He doesn't deserve it
Send them to Boston.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/741175...ade-demand

Quote:SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings say DeMarcus Cousins has demanded a trade and has been told to stay away from the team.

Kings coach Paul Westphal released a statement before Sunday's game against New Orleans, saying when Cousins "continually, aggressively, lets it be known that he is unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team, it cannot be ignored indefinitely."

Cousins' agent, John Greig, says he "has no idea what the Kings are doing" and didn't know the team excused him from Sunday's game until Westphal's announcement. Greig withheld any further comment.

The Kings drafted Cousins with the fifth overall pick in 2010 after he spent one season at Kentucky. The 21-year-old Cousins is averaging 13 points and 11 rebounds per game this season.

I actually give Paul Westphal credit for telling him to take a hike!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you cannot get a good return for him, keep him. If he refuses to play fine him heavily for every game that he wont play and every practice that he wont attend.

IMO, aside from Dwight Howard, he is the most talented Center in the NBA. If he could get his head on right, he would be an All-Star every year. He plays about 28 minutes a night and gets 15 and 11. With a level-head, a work-ethic, and staying out of foul trouble, he honest to goodness could be a career 20-15 player. No joke at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I could see this happening....

I like Cousins, but he's a thug in a lot of ways and doesnt know the definition of discipline.
LWC Wrote:If you cannot get a good return for him, keep him. If he refuses to play fine him heavily for every game that he wont play and every practice that he wont attend.

IMO, aside from Dwight Howard, he is the most talented Center in the NBA. If he could get his head on right, he would be an All-Star every year. He plays about 28 minutes a night and gets 15 and 11. With a level-head, a work-ethic, and staying out of foul trouble, he honest to goodness could be a career 20-15 player. No joke at all.

Cousins' potential is out of sight. Honestly, if he had the right attitude on the court, he has the potential to be another Shaquille O'Neal down low because of his dominant style of play. It's unfortunate to hear this. It sounded like he was doing well too, coming into camp having shedded a few pounds.
When Cuz was at UK, I called him another Rasheed Wallace. Rasheed at least had a career before he went psycho. Demarcus is someone that when we look back 10 years from now and say, "what a wasted talent"!
I can see CAL recruiting him for the 2014 class.
^ definitely can offer Cuz just as much money....
Big Cuz is still a big kid... Needs to grow up before it kills his career.
What a baby...
There a big difference between being a kid and being a thug. He is a thug.
Bring him to the Green and white
Good/Bad news (however you view it):

The Kings organization has said that they will not trade him. Many teams contacted them offering trades for DeMarcus but they said they were willing to listen because they listen to all trade offers, but were not seeking a trade and expect Cousins to be a King for the duration of his contract and hopefully further as well.

Basically, if someone gives them an unbelievable offer, they will trade him, otherwise, he stays put.

Sadly, do a Google search of Paul Westphal and see what comes up. The man caused 3 locker-rooms to revolt against him. One of those was a VERY talented Seattle team that won 61 games the year before he came, and ended up winning 70-something games in 2-3 years he was there. The Kings hired him because he was the only coach they interviewed willing to take the salary given. (Lowest paid coach in the NBA)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There a big difference between being a kid and being a thug. He is a thug.
I agree but Cousins is both a big baby and a big thug. A whiner who has never really had to work for a living. I have no sympathy for NBA and NFL thugs. When their own contempt for authority and lack of a work ethic cost them millions of dollars, it is just poetic justice. Hopefully, he will not take anybody with him on his long spiral downward.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Bring him to the Green and white

He's Cancer, whatever he touches, he kills! You want him in Green & White, you will be sorry for it.:igiveup:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree but Cousins is both a big baby and a big thug. A whiner who has never really had to work for a living. I have no sympathy for NBA and NFL thugs. When their own contempt for authority and lack of a work ethic cost them millions of dollars, it is just poetic justice. Hopefully, he will not take anybody with him on his long spiral downward.

What's your definition of a thug? I don't think he's is one. Yeah, he's definitely immature, but I don't think this guy is on random street corners selling drugs to little children, or in a gang shooting up the innocent.
Aslan Wrote:What's your definition of a thug? I don't think he's is one. Yeah, he's definitely immature, but I don't think this guy is on random street corners selling drugs to little children, or in a gang shooting up the innocent.
There are varying degrees of thuggery. In Cousins' case, he is big enough and athletic enough to totally dominate most opponents but that will not stop him from taking cheap shots when things don't go his way. Cousins has not had a Ron Artest moment yet, but he has shown some pretty good potential. A player can be a thug on a basketball court without toting a gun and shooting up his neighborhood after the game.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There are varying degrees of thuggery.

Best quote on BGR EVAR!!!
I don't like when players do this... I dogged Kobe for doing it so Big Cuz don't get a pass.
If Cousins is traded he'd be traded for either a great player in return or another lottery pick and someone else with it. I could see the Sixers going for him trading off Iguodala because they have nothing really inside and the Kings are all young and need another scorer.
I would love to see Cousins in a Pistons jersey.
Charlie Sheen Wrote:If Cousins is traded he'd be traded for either a great player in return or another lottery pick and someone else with it. I could see the Sixers going for him trading off Iguodala because they have nothing really inside and the Kings are all young and need another scorer.

First allow me to say, that I miss you on 2 1/2 Men. I also had to vehemently disagree with new users BUT.....
The last thing the Kings need right now is a scorer. They desperately need to bench either Tyreke Evans or Marcus Thornton to be a great 6th man like Harden or Odom was. Then bring in a TRUE point guard, to limit turnovers and get players like Cousins involved more. That solves Cousins problems about touches, AND it solves the problem with touches that Thorn and Tyreke have when they play together. Plus they are virtually the same offensive player. Also, sitting one of them allows for a good defensive player like Garcia, Green, etc... to see the court more. You cannot have lineups with Thornton AND Jimmer on the floor together because it is hard to get solid defense out of the backcourt when they are on the floor together.

I would start with this lineup:
Jimmer Fredette
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons
Chuck Hayes
DeMarcus Cousins

I would have my bench as:
-Thornton to backup Jimmer, Tyreke and Salmons (whatever it takes to get very significant minutes, 35+ but NEVER on the floor the same time as Jimmer unless lead is comfortable).
-Hickson to backup the 3 or 4 (5 if playing small team or going 4 guards)
-Thompson to backup the 3, 4 or 5. 3 offensively only, so only at 3 for emergency or in scoring lineup at the 3 if Salmons is in foul trouble or needing rest.
-Garcia/Green for defense only if needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maybe someone should remind Counsins that he isn't playing NBA 2K12 and can't just request a trade because he doesn't like his team...

He was not mature enough to make the jump to the NBA....talented, yes....to me this is one of the negatives of one and done players.