Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Mother, 18, Kills Intruder Breaking Into Her Home While on Phone With 911
911 operator told young mother she could not shoot until man entered her home.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925...77235.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:911 operator told young mother she could not shoot until man entered her home.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925...77235.html
I'm glad KY is different. They don't have to be inside, if they their intent is to harm you or your property.

Good for her, BTW.
My house is guarded by Shotgun 3 nights per week! You guess which three!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I have a S&W 9mm which helps protect my home. Soon I am getting my conceal/carry license.

I'm not a fan of someone taking someone else's life but in instances like this it is warrented.
judgementday Wrote:I have a S&W 9mm which helps protect my home. Soon I am getting my conceal/carry license.

I'm not a fan of someone taking someone else's life but in instances like this it is warrented.
I have a pistol in virtually just about every room in my house. While I would hate to be forced to be put into the position of using deadly force to protect me, my family, or my property, I honestly don't think I'd lose a minutes sleep. I am pretty cold hearted when it comes to stuff like this.
We have a shotgun that's 1/2 inch above legal length.
Hubby says, all I have to do is aim in the general direction.
Granny Bear Wrote:We have a shotgun that's 1/2 inch above legal length.
Hubby says, all I have to do is aim in the general direction.

For whatever reason I thought this was funny...

I would not hesitate to use mine either. I have become very comfortable with it but I hope I always have it "just in case". It is fun though to spend an hour taking it to the range now and then.

Now, my father in law, he has a pistol grip 12 guage, AK47, 9mm, and 380 that he uses to protect his home.......:worthy:
TheRealVille Wrote:I have a pistol in virtually just about every room in my house. While I would hate to be forced to be put into the position of using deadly force to protect me, my family, or my property, I honestly don't think I'd lose a minutes sleep. I am pretty cold hearted when it comes to stuff like this.

No pistol in every room. BUT, LOTS of GUNS and EVERY family member CAN shoot! Whole house of rednecks...lol. Also have a pistola on me EVERY where I go. Never know what kind of fool might show up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Hubby has carry concealed card. I however; carry illegally.

It WAS funnny, judgementday....hubby is afraid I will be so nervous that I'll miss!! So, he tells me to aim "at the door".
Unfortunatly you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your own. I would of done the same. Glad her & her child are ok.
Sometimes the cops can't make it in time to protect you so you've got to protect yourself and your loved ones.
I hate to hear about the death of a young man who made a bad choice. BUT the young lady made the right choice by protecting herself and her baby.
Even though I have always owned a shotgun (for fun/hunting) I never really felt the need to own a handgun for protection until I started a family. Now, it is almost like a piece of furniture that I have always had and will always be in every house I live in.
Ok, I really HATE viral emails and never send them on. However, I felt this one was fitting for this thread, so here goes.......

Story from an OPP Officer:
I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding. I asked for her driver's license, registration and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it ot me. In with the cards, I was surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her gove box. Something---body language or the way she said it ---made me ask if she had any other firearms. She admitted to also having a 9 mm Glock in her center console. Now, I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.
I then asked her what she was so afraid of. She looked me straight in the eye and said, "Not a f@##ing thing!"
Hell yea.
I love seeing this. Dousche bag thiefs and rapist get what they got coming to them in a situation like this. Blow there damn head off.

I dont have as big of an arsenal as you all say, but i do have a few :biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:Ok, I really HATE viral emails and never send them on. However, I felt this one was fitting for this thread, so here goes.......

Story from an OPP Officer:
I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding. I asked for her driver's license, registration and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it ot me. In with the cards, I was surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her gove box. Something---body language or the way she said it ---made me ask if she had any other firearms. She admitted to also having a 9 mm Glock in her center console. Now, I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.
I then asked her what she was so afraid of. She looked me straight in the eye and said, "Not a f@##ing thing!"

I Freakin LOVE this....LOL!!! You go Granny!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^^
LMAO

This was sent to me from my uncle who lives and teaches at Berkeley.
He's a little ashamed of his red necked, gun tottin' neice but he still loves me!!
I have a Glock 9 and a .50 Cal Israeli Arms Desert Eagle I keep in the house.

The Desert Eagle is more of a conversation piece. My Dad used to trade guns and he came across one and couldn't find anyone that would pay the cash or trade for it so he gave it to me.

If someone came in the house I would pull out the Glock.
I would probably put a hole in my wall with the other lol
update:
Man free on bail, days after Oklahoma woman kills alleged intruder's accomplice

(CNN) -- A man who allegedly tried to break into the home of a recently widowed Oklahoma woman -- who shot and killed his alleged fellow intruder after calling 911 -- was freed Thursday on bail despite a first-degree murder charge, a court clerk said.
Although he did not fire the fatal shot, 29-year-old Dustin Louis Stewart is charged with first-degree felony murder in the incident because if someone dies during the commission of certain crimes, such as burglary, an alleged accomplice can be charged in the death, prosecutors have said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/05/justice/ok...?hpt=hp_t3
nky Wrote:update:
Man free on bail, days after Oklahoma woman kills alleged intruder's accomplice

(CNN) -- A man who allegedly tried to break into the home of a recently widowed Oklahoma woman -- who shot and killed his alleged fellow intruder after calling 911 -- was freed Thursday on bail despite a first-degree murder charge, a court clerk said.
Although he did not fire the fatal shot, 29-year-old Dustin Louis Stewart is charged with first-degree felony murder in the incident because if someone dies during the commission of certain crimes, such as burglary, an alleged accomplice can be charged in the death, prosecutors have said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/05/justice/ok...?hpt=hp_t3
I didn't know this.
^
Me either Realville.
I like it though.
So pretty much if you and a friend go to rob a house and the person with you gets shot and killed by the home owner, your charged with murder if you make it out.
Thats a sweet law.
Good for her. With the sad, weak system we had this piece of trash would have set in some comfy county jail just waiting to get out and break the law again.
I bet ole boy doesn't exercize his right to a speedy trial.
This publicity has doomed him.
^^
Wouldn't be so sure about that; sure he'll have a free attorney.

I personally know of a child abuse case in which the father nearly beat his 3 year old son into a coma. The child was beaten so badly that the state police took the photos in the ER instead of CPS. Anyway, the guy took a plea (cowards on both sides) and immediately after the trial ended, a victim's advocate came rushing up to the front of the court room. She was saying, "Where is he, where is he?" The mother looked at her and told her that her son wasn't present. To which the lady answered, "I was looking for your ex-husband."

It just seems to me that the perps have as many or more rights anymore than the true victim.
I like this..she did the right thing.

I don't really need a weapon since I live in a barracks room. The Army makes you keep whatever personal weapons you have in the armory with the unit's weapons..I think it's stupid but oh well. I used to keep one in my room and said screw the rule, but in 2009 my roommate shot himself with the one he kept out, so I just go by the rule now.

When I'm home, I always keep my pistol with a round chambered in it's holster and under my bed. Don't know why, but I'm paranoid when I'm home.