Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1)Alabama 21 (2)LSU 0
Stardust Wrote:^ I've seen the "play calling" and the "lack of preparation" comments all morning on other sites. But this was flat out a defensive domination by Bama. LSU could not throw down field, absolutely couldn't do it. When your QB gets 2.0 seconds, the ONLY offense you could muster is what they did. The Bama O-Line was completely blown off the line on every singe snap. Jefferson had zero options and never found a crease to run in except for the end of the game. To say it was poor play calling is not giving enough credit to the way that the front four of Bama played, which was PERFECT all night.

I know you have a feel for this, but last night was an effort by a defensive front that I have not seen since the 1985 Bears. The D-Line got off the ball on EVERY single snap. The Corners and Safety's made the right coverage over and over (easier to do when you only have to do it for 2 seconds per play). This made it easy for the LB's to just plug holes, run down hill, and put hurtful hits on offensive players all night long.

I agree 110%. Total team effort by the defense. Your post said it all, no more to say.
Best team in the nation won.

I don't understand why Miles didn't pull Jefferson, that kid didn't show up.
I hate Bama!
On the bright side, the SEC wins another national title.
Stardust Wrote:^ I've seen the "play calling" and the "lack of preparation" comments all morning on other sites. But this was flat out a defensive domination by Bama.

And don't get me wrong, Bama's defense played out of their mind last night. But the speed option LSU kept trying to the short side of the field that would lose them around 3 yards each time was very predictable. The d-line was exploding off the ball, but LSU did nothing to attack it. And it wasn't that LSU couldn't counter it, they didn't really try at all. No hard counts, no quick routes, and the play calling became very predictable. Again, Alabama's defense was flat out amazing, but I can't say that LSU had no other options.
toussaints Wrote:And don't get me wrong, Bama's defense played out of their mind last night. But the speed option LSU kept trying to the short side of the field that would lose them around 3 yards each time was very predictable. The d-line was exploding off the ball, but LSU did nothing to attack it. And it wasn't that LSU couldn't counter it, they didn't really try at all. No hard counts, no quick routes, and the play calling became very predictable. Again, Alabama's defense was flat out amazing, but I can't say that LSU had no other options.

If LSU would have tried the bootlegs and play action pass game like Bama game this outcome could have been very different.
LSU's defense was bending but not breaking.
Two touchdowns and we're looking at a completely different game....
not that they would have scored two touchdowns lol

Bama was taking away the runs up the middle, they had a little but of room to the sides but you might as well take that away too after you saw how they executed that option, and over the top was the only chance they had.

Jefferson CHOKED!
When pressure is coming like that you can't sit in the pocket and wait...
and that's what he usually did.
And it ended in a sack, and incompletion, or a scramble for a few yards.

LSU just didn't show up.
Alabama dominated, but LSU didn't help their cause with very spotty QB play.
zaga_fan Wrote:If LSU would have tried the bootlegs and play action pass game like Bama game this outcome could have been very different.
LSU's defense was bending but not breaking.
Two touchdowns and we're looking at a completely different game....
not that they would have scored two touchdowns lol

Bama was taking away the runs up the middle, they had a little but of room to the sides but you might as well take that away too after you saw how they executed that option, and over the top was the only chance they had.

Jefferson CHOKED!
When pressure is coming like that you can't sit in the pocket and wait...
and that's what he usually did.
And it ended in a sack, and incompletion, or a scramble for a few yards

LSU just didn't show up.

LOL, What???? The Defense was on him as soon as he dropped back. He had zero time. He had no pocket to step into. He could only run backwards. He had NO chance to be effective. The pocket that was available last night could not have been stuffed with a nickel!

I can blame the LSU scheme by not going out of the Shotgun, but that would have done little to help. When the defensive line gets the push on every single down and the DB's line-up over the receivers, the only option as a QB is to pick a seam, and those seams were STUFFED by Bama LB's. Jefferson has got attacked by those who don't recognize what Bama did yesterday.

If Bama would have played OSU or Stanford, their defense would have created the exact same result. But Bama's offense would have put up 42 points, because the only other defense in the country that could have stopped the highly accurate Bama offense was LSU.

Thanks god we had the two best teams in the country playing last night! Bama missed four FG's in the first match-up. Last night, they proved that when you add both of those games together, there is no doubt that Bama is the best team in the country.

And this is coming from someone who is NOT a Bama or LSU fan. Screw you Hail Pikeville! :biggrin:
Oklahoma state would have been ran out of new orleans after the first half.
How bad was the L.S.U. offense?
Keeping in mind little Georgia Southern scored 21 on that mighty BAMA defense.

Can't wait to hear the reason why that occured.
What a game. Knew this one would be a dandy and it's a shame someone had to lose. But what can you say, Bama just played outstanding. I still think that LSU is an awesome team, as great as they were hyped up to be coming into this game. I just think Alabama played THAT GOOD of football!
Gah...I don't know if this was one of the best or one of the worst games I've ever watched, lol.

I really hate LSU, and I'm glad Bama put this beatdown on them.

Is it just me, or did you dudes also notice that there was hardly ANY build-up to this game?? Like game previews in the weeks leading up to the game, especially the last week...it didn't compare to last year, or any other year I can remember..
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:How bad was the L.S.U. offense?

When it's put up or shut up time, the big teams show why! You are a smart guy NCF, you know that football is such an emotional game, that players cannot turn it on against weak competition. You also know that teams play different schemes and personnel in those types of games. You are also smart enough to know that when the time to prove who is the best, the best teams show everything that they are capable of. So, your attempt to make something out of nothing is a very poor attempt to prove the point that you hoped to!:lame:
vundy33 Wrote:Gah...I don't know if this was one of the best or one of the worst games I've ever watched, lol.

I really hate LSU, and I'm glad Bama put this beatdown on them.

Is it just me, or did you dudes also notice that there was hardly ANY build-up to this game?? Like game previews in the weeks leading up to the game, especially the last week...it didn't compare to last year, or any other year I can remember..

No, I completely disagree about the build-up! Are you kidding me??? The build up for this game was the longest in the history that I have ever experienced. This started as soon as the final whistle blew of their first game and has been NON-stop ever since. How much more could they have done? I'll be honest, it was so overbearing, especially with the 3 minute infomercial that ESPN ran every hour on everyone of their stations that I couldn't watch another story about it. Last night when they did the pregame short-film at 7:50-8:10, I flipped the channel to the Sci-Fi channel and watched Troy!:igiveup:
lol man, it was hardly talked about on all the ESPN daily shows until the week of!

But, I only get to listen/watch a few, so you're probably right.
^ vundy, then you didn't watch ESPN. It was on every single on virtually ever telecast. Hell, all I have heard for the last month was all the commentators debating on who would be #1 at the end of this game, if LSU lost, do still deserved to be #1 since they would only have one loss. That has been going on for a month straight!
Stardust Wrote:LOL, What???? The Defense was on him as soon as he dropped back. He had zero time. He had no pocket to step into. He could only run backwards. He had NO chance to be effective. The pocket that was available last night could not have been stuffed with a nickel!

I can blame the LSU scheme by not going out of the Shotgun, but that would have done little to help. When the defensive line gets the push on every single down and the DB's line-up over the receivers, the only option as a QB is to pick a seam, and those seams were STUFFED by Bama LB's. Jefferson has got attacked by those who don't recognize what Bama did yesterday.

If Bama would have played OSU or Stanford, their defense would have created the exact same result. But Bama's offense would have put up 42 points, because the only other defense in the country that could have stopped the highly accurate Bama offense was LSU.

Thanks god we had the two best teams in the country playing last night! Bama missed four FG's in the first match-up. Last night, they proved that when you add both of those games together, there is no doubt that Bama is the best team in the country.

And this is coming from someone who is NOT a Bama or LSU fan. Screw you Hail Pikeville! :biggrin:

I'm well aware of what Bama did to LSU. But LSU threw the same thing at Alabama and the Tide handled it a lot better.
They bought more time with bootlegs and understood the defense had to respect the run so the play action pass bought more time for things to open up in the passing game.
Lee can drop back and make a quick read....
something that Jefferson can't do because he relies on his feet.

I think it's funny that you don't put any of this on Jefferson's shoulders. I can GUARANTEE you that if they had Lee in the game they wouldn't have been shut out. They wouldn't have won. But they wouldn't have been shut out.
well the season is over which means ESPN can start talking about why USC is #1
toussaints Wrote:well the season is over which means ESPN can start talking about why USC is #1

L o L

USC is going to be legit....
but they always put some west coast team on top to start the season and they get exposed as a scrandy by the time the title game comes around.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm well aware of what Bama did to LSU. But LSU threw the same thing at Alabama and the Tide handled it a lot better.
They bought more time with bootlegs and understood the defense had to respect the run so the play action pass bought more time for things to open up in the passing game.
Lee can drop back and make a quick read....
something that Jefferson can't do because he relies on his feet.

I think it's funny that you don't put any of this on Jefferson's shoulders. I can GUARANTEE you that if they had Lee in the game they wouldn't have been shut out. They wouldn't have won. But they wouldn't have been shut out.

Laughable! If Jefferson could not run away, then the guy who threw 1 TD and 7 INT's against Bama sure as hell was not going to run away from that rush. And who was he going to throw to? Receivers were locked up. Zaga, you either didn't watch it, or you really only know nothing but video football, because last night was the most dominating performance by a defense that I have ever seen:Shaking:
What people fail to realize is that no matter who played Bama, even the almighty yet overrated offenses of OK state and Stanford, Bama would have still shut them out.
You may have just been able to see the BEST college defensive performance of all time.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:How bad was the L.S.U. offense?

Dude, your arguments arent weak. They are flat out pathetic. Bama's defense gave up 85 points for the year (the offense and special teams gave up 21), in 13 games. I dont know how good your math is, but thats about 6.5 points per game, playing an SEC schedule, playing the #1 team in the country twice, and letting the number 1 team in the country cross midfield ONCE in the national championship game. You, and everybody else on this forum can make up all the excuses you want, but this is the best college defense of the modern era. Mighty? No, this is legendary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]