Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake man of Appalachia debuts tonight!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yup seger, over in that country.
Ive heard of some in EKY as well, although rare, there here.

Yeah man, I couldn't believe it. My grandpa said it was a cottonmouth, and he pretty much knows everything, haha. So we called his friend who is one of those Park guys over at the Breaks that knows everything about animals, and it was in fact a baby Cottonmouth. We still have no idea how it got here, and the mom would have to have been in the area somewhere.

Freaked me out...it was not scared of me at all. How in the world would a Water Moccasin get to Pike Co though? Definitely wasn't a pet set free. I still wonder about it.
^
More than likely it was brought in unknowingly on a truck or something.
Pretty much it hitchiked its way id say.
That's pretty much what we figured...also, it was back around 2001, and the summers for about the last 3 years before that were hotter than normal. It's just where my family lives, it's at the head of a holler, haha. Not a common place for company trucks.

There's a pond on the property...and my grandpa had a truck come and stock it. I think they got in that way somehow..

Anyway, it freaked me the hell out, lol. Oh yeah...meant to mention this yesterday. When I was a kid I used to ride my dirtbike all over the mountains, and one day I came up on two monster snakes fighting in the road, a Rattler and a Black snake. Have you ever seen that? A black snake try to eat a living rattlesnake or copperhead? They fought hard for around 30 minutes until the Black Snake finally ate him, lol. It was before cell phones or I'd definitely have a video of it, hah.
vundy33 Wrote:That's pretty much what we figured...also, it was back around 2001, and the summers for about the last 3 years before that were hotter than normal. It's just where my family lives, it's at the head of a holler, haha. Not a common place for company trucks.

There's a pond on the property...and my grandpa had a truck come and stock it. I think they got in that way somehow..

Anyway, it freaked me the hell out, lol. Oh yeah...meant to mention this yesterday. When I was a kid I used to ride my dirtbike all over the mountains, and one day I came up on two monster snakes fighting in the road, a Rattler and a Black snake. Have you ever seen that? A black snake try to eat a living rattlesnake or copperhead? They fought hard for around 30 minutes until the Black Snake finally ate him, lol. It was before cell phones or I'd definitely have a video of it, hah.

Yup, ive seen black snakes pick on copperheads and rattlesnakes all the time.
Even though black snakes arent poisnouse they while other snakes asses around here.
Yeah...they love to eat them. I had seen them eat dead ones before, but had never seen a black snake as big as that straight up streetfighting a rattlesnake in the middle of the road, lol, and then eat it alive. haha.
This thread has become more interesting then the show.
^
True dat
http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...or-in-jail

I worked with the first guy mentioned in this story and his father for about 4 years, and unless you talked to them about it you would have never known that they had done it. They were very respectful and well spoken...probably two of the most genuine people I have ever met, and we very intelligent. This show is just exploitation at its best.
If I had never been bitten, I'd love to make a snake catchin' show. I have a great Australian accent. I just suck at it.

I'm going to try and Facebook my buddy to see if he still has the video on his laptop...if he does, I'll post it. It's long but very worth it..better than anything on that Snake show I bet.
I think that it is cool that there doing a show that takes place in EKY but, on the other hand, it projects a bad image for people from the area and I honestly don't know anyone personally that lives like that. The people on this show are what people outside of Kentucky stereotype us as and it's just not that way. So I definitely have mixed feelings about this show. Call Of The Wildman is 10 times more interesting and doesn't give this bad of an image!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON