Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bain Capital and Mitt Romney
Is there anything there? Or just making something out of nothing?

To be honest I think we need someone who can come in and make important hard cuts. Maybe we need a "hatchet man" as President to trim the fat and waste in government. That's what it sounds like he did while at Bain. Seems to be a positive for me
nky Wrote:Is there anything there? Or just making something out of nothing?

To be honest I think we need someone who can come in and make important hard cuts. Maybe we need a "hatchet man" as President to trim the fat and waste in government. That's what it sounds like he did while at Bain. Seems to be a positive for me
I agree. He just did what a business man is supposed to do, cut dead weight.
nky Wrote:Is there anything there? Or just making something out of nothing?

In the real world, if you don't cut dead weight and eliminate unnecessary positions, then you put all of your employees' jobs at risk.

The recent attempts by Gingrich, Santorum, and Perry to paint Romney as a greedy vulture have shown that nobody in this campaign is really any more conservative than Romney is. I have decided that I would rather support a candidate who understands capitalism over three career politicians. Ron Paul's defense of Romney's record at Bain has given me even more respect for him.

There are no pure conservatives left in the campaign, so the sooner Romney locks up the nomination, the better. I also hope that Dr. Paul stays in the race and picks up enough delegates to wield some influence on the party's platform.
It is hard to explain the real world to those who elected a community organizer who never really earned a paycheck in his life.
Truth Wrote:It is hard to explain the real world to those who elected a community organizer who never really earned a paycheck in his life.
Good point but Romney has the backing of the GOP establishment this year and he will have plenty of money to educate those who are not beyond learning from their mistakes. Romney should have been the party's nominee four years ago but the GOP top guys decided to stack the deck for Giuliani and ended up giving us Juan McCain instead.
Just idiots trying to make something out of nothing...sadly, I don't think it's going to matter much though. Unless something changes, Pres Obama will win another term.

God..our country is so damn stupid.
vundy33 Wrote:Just idiots trying to make something out of nothing...sadly, I don't think it's going to matter much though. Unless something changes, Pres Obama will win another term.

Vundy, I think that you are being way too pessimistic about the inevitability of an Obama second term. I suggest that you research the Reagan-Carter campaign of 1980 to lift your spirits. Except for FDR, no US president who has mismanaged the economy as badly as Obama has won a second term.

When Republicans settle on a candidate and focus their considerable resources on Obama's record, the poll numbers will shift as Americans decide to vote their pocketbooks. Whether that shift will occur early in the general campaign or during its closing days, the economy will drag Obama down.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Good point but Romney has the backing of the GOP establishment this year and he will have plenty of money to educate those who are not beyond learning from their mistakes. Romney should have been the party's nominee four years ago but the GOP top guys decided to stack the deck for Giuliani and ended up giving us Juan McCain instead.

Did you intentionally say Juan instead of John? :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Did you intentionally say Juan instead of John? :biglmao:
Yes. I am not sure who originally called McCain "Juan" but McCain's vocal support of Bush's attempt to pass an amnesty bill for illegal aliens makes the term fit the man.
vundy33 Wrote:Just idiots trying to make something out of nothing...sadly, I don't think it's going to matter much though. Unless something changes, Pres Obama will win another term.

Contrary to what one on here say, if you look at history, FDR was one of the greatest Presidents to ever hold the office. Do a little research on your own, and don't just takes the words of one as correct.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Vundy, I think that you are being way too pessimistic about the inevitability of an Obama second term. I suggest that you research the Reagan-Carter campaign of 1980 to lift your spirits. Except for FDR, no US president who has mismanaged the economy as badly as Obama has won a second term.

When Republicans settle on a candidate and focus their considerable resources on Obama's record, the poll numbers will shift as Americans decide to vote their pocketbooks. Whether that shift will occur early in the general campaign or during its closing days, the economy will drag Obama down.

I agree somewhat..I just think the candidates suck so bad. I mean really, is this all we can muster to run for the most important office in the world?? I had always been alot more positive than this...but I've lost all confidence in our country in the last few months.
TheRealVille Wrote:Contrary to what one on here say, if you look at history, FDR was one of the greatest Presidents to ever hold the office. Do a little research on your own, and don't just takes the words of one as correct.

I do plenty of research on my own. This is the reason I have no confidence in America anymore.
vundy33 Wrote:I agree somewhat..I just think the candidates suck so bad. I mean really, is this all we can muster to run for the most important office in the world?? I had always been alot more positive than this...but I've lost all confidence in our country in the last few months.
There are no candidate, on either side, that worry about the country anymore. It's all about what they can get for themselves.

I think Vundy33 is being realistic. Those who wish to defeat Obama better take the threat, and likelihood, of his reelection seriously and act accordingly.
TheRealVille Wrote:There are no candidate, on either side, that worry about the country anymore. It's all about what they can get for themselves.

Exacty...and that's the opposite of how I think. Like I've said before, I'd rather die than screw over my home. It's not just the presidential candidates, it's nearly everyone in Washington. And they're not the only people who have helped me lose every single bit of confidence in our country...normal Americans probably effected it the most. The only people on earth that have enough fake bullshit in their lives to simply forget about a war.
vundy33 Wrote:I agree somewhat..I just think the candidates suck so bad. I mean really, is this all we can muster to run for the most important office in the world?? I had always been alot more positive than this...but I've lost all confidence in our country in the last few months.
I don't agree with your assessment of the candidates. Sure, the bar has been lowered for presidents since Reagan left office, but this field is not as weak as the media and the DNC wants us to believe. I had not paid much attention to the debates before tonight but so far, all of the candidates have turned in their best performances tonight, with the exception of Romney. IMO, Santorum turned in a very strong performance tonight, which really surprised me. Even Rick Perry delivered some pretty strong lines. Romney seemed to be on his heals most of the night.

Unless Santorum stumbles late in this debate, I would consider him the winner tonight. He hit Romney early and hard on the misleading ads that the super PAC supporting Romney has been running against him. I still can't see Santorum winning the nomination but he has been impressive tonight, IMO. If he keeps improving, I could see him as Romney's running mate.

You have to keep in mind that this is the first time any of these candidates except for Romney and Paul have run for president. They have all upped their game as they have gained experience during the campaign. I don't think that any of them would run the timid campaign that John McCain ran against Obama.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't agree with your assessment of the candidates. Sure, the bar has been lowered for presidents since Reagan left office, but this field is not as weak as the media and the DNC wants us to believe. I had not paid much attention to the debates before tonight but so far, all of the candidates have turned in their best performances tonight, with the exception of Romney. IMO, Santorum turned in a very strong performance tonight, which really surprised me. Even Rick Perry delivered some pretty strong lines. Romney seemed to be on his heals most of the night.

Unless Santorum stumbles late in this debate, I would consider him the winner tonight. He hit Romney early and hard on the misleading ads that the super PAC supporting Romney has been running against him. I still can't see Santorum winning the nomination but he has been impressive tonight, IMO. If he keeps improving, I could see him as Romney's running mate.

You have to keep in mind that this is the first time any of these candidates except for Romney and Paul have run for president. They have all upped their game as they have gained experience during the campaign. I don't think that any of them would run the timid campaign that John McCain ran against Obama.
I find it odd that you didn't mention Newt in you assessment of last night's debate. IMO Newt stood strong on the conservative values you and I cherish. He laid it on the line and the audience loved it. Many are saying they cannot remember when there was a standing O in a debate. Just goes to show that in spite of what the mainstream media tries to make us believe, conservative values are indeed popular. He got race baited by Juan and swam right by it. From a conservative's standpoint, even though Newt may not get the nomination, I certainly find his performance worth mentioning. Why didn't you?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I find it odd that you didn't mention Newt in you assessment of last night's debate. IMO Newt stood strong on the conservative values you and I cherish. He laid it on the line and the audience loved it. Many are saying they cannot remember when there was a standing O in a debate. Just goes to show that in spite of what the mainstream media tries to make us believe, conservative values are indeed popular. He got race baited by Juan and swam right by it. From a conservative's standpoint, even though Newt may not get the nomination, I certainly find his performance worth mentioning. Why didn't you?
I believe that I said that all of the candidates performed very well, with the exception of Romney, who did not have a bad performance. I mentioned Santorum by name because I thought that he had his best performance by far and I thought that he won the debate. However, Newt did a great job and most experts say that he won the debate. I thought it was a close call between Newt and Santorum, but apparently I was in the minority.

Newt talks a great conservative game but I don't really trust him. But he understands what has made this country great and he would shred Obama in series of debates. His promise to follow Obama around the country challenging him to a series of 3-hour long Lincoln-Douglas debates is the kind of political genius that allowed Republicans to break the Democrats' 40-year stranglehold on the House of Representatives back in 1994. Can you imagine Obama talking off prompter for a real three-hour debate?

I will have absolutely no problem enthusiastically supporting Newt if he gets the nomination - but he is just not my first choice and I really don't believe that anybody has a realistic shot at stopping Romney from getting the nomination. As for his performance last night, if Dick Morris says Newt won the debate, then that is good enough for me.

How was that? :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I believe that I said that all of the candidates performed very well, with the exception of Romney, who did not have a bad performance. I mentioned Santorum by name because I thought that he had his best performance by far and I thought that he won the debate. However, Newt did a great job and most experts say that he won the debate. I thought it was a close call between Newt and Santorum, but apparently I was in the minority.

Newt talks a great conservative game but I don't really trust him. But he understands what has made this country great and he would shred Obama in series of debates. His promise to follow Obama around the country challenging him to a series of 4-hour long Lincoln-Douglas debates is the kind of political genius that allowed Republicans to break the Democrats' 40-year stranglehold on the House of Representatives back in 1994. Can you imagine Obama talking off prompter for a real three-hour debate?

I will have absolutely no problem enthusiastically supporting Newt if he gets the nomination - but he is just not my first choice and I really don't believe that anybody has a realistic shot at stopping Romney from getting the nomination. As for his performance last night, if Dick Morris says Newt won the debate, then that is good enough for me.

I'd rather drag my johnson through glass than have to sit through that...
vundy33 Wrote:I'd rather drag my johnson through glass than have to sit through that...
I think that Obama would be very entertaining. Gingrich has a quick wit and knows how to get in an opponent's head and there is plenty of room in Obama's head. There is no need to worry, Vundy, even Obama is not dumb enough to debate Gingrich one second longer than absolutely necessary. If Gingrich gets the nomination, Obama will do everything in his power to avoid a free wheeling debate with Newt.
^^Everyone should avoid a debate with Newt...if anything, the guy can talk.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I believe that I said that all of the candidates performed very well, with the exception of Romney, who did not have a bad performance. I mentioned Santorum by name because I thought that he had his best performance by far and I thought that he won the debate. However, Newt did a great job and most experts say that he won the debate. I thought it was a close call between Newt and Santorum, but apparently I was in the minority.

Newt talks a great conservative game but I don't really trust him. But he understands what has made this country great and he would shred Obama in series of debates. His promise to follow Obama around the country challenging him to a series of 3-hour long Lincoln-Douglas debates is the kind of political genius that allowed Republicans to break the Democrats' 40-year stranglehold on the House of Representatives back in 1994. Can you imagine Obama talking off prompter for a real three-hour debate?

That's more like it Hoot! :Thumbs:
vundy33 Wrote:I'd rather drag my johnson through glass than have to sit through that...
Yeah, alcohol soaked glass.