Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another one bites the dust- Perry out
TheRealVille Wrote:Gore won a majority of the votes nationwide, and by counts that were made after the fact, Gore won the majority of Florida.

http://archive.democrats.com/display.cfm?id=181

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2001/111201a.html
Sorry, but I am not wasting time reading your liberal propaganda. Bush won the Florida election by 537 votes. No amount of revisionist history can change that fact.

As for the electoral votes, Bush and Gore played by the same rules, and Bush won under those rules. If the rules had been different, then both campaigns would have followed strategies to win the popular vote instead of the majority of electoral votes. Maybe Gore would have won had he and Bush campaigned for the popular vote but that would have been a different contest.

The bottom line is that Gore's failure to convince the voters of his own state to vote for him cost him the election. He has nobody but himself to blame. I thank him for his incompetence. He spared us four years of certain misery.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sorry, but I am not wasting time reading your liberal propaganda. Bush won the Florida election by 537 votes. No amount of revisionist history can change that fact.

As for the electoral votes, Bush and Gore played by the same rules, and Bush won under those rules. If the rules had been different, then both campaigns would have followed strategies to win the popular vote instead of the majority of electoral votes. Maybe Gore would have won had he and Bush campaigned for the popular vote but that would have been a different contest.

The bottom line is that Gore's failure to convince the voters of his own state to vote for him cost him the election. He has nobody but himself to blame. I thank him for his incompetence. He spared us four years of certain misery.
:lmao::please:
TheRealVille Wrote:Not when the system we use allows a single state to be able to steal it. When America get's out and votes, and the majority votes for the one they want, then the system steals it, no America didn't get who they wanted.
We have never had a polular vote for the Presidency. Both ran under the same system, both knew the system.
nky Wrote:We have never had a polular vote for the Presidency. Both ran under the same system, both knew the system.
:Thumbs: Gore knew the rules of the game and he lost. Nobody forced him to run. Besides, losing the election gave him the name recognition that allowed him to scam millions of dollars from the people who bought his bogus carbon credits.
hahah...
11+ years ago WOW get over it already Bush won