Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good is Perry Central - Find out next 10 days
Can Perry County Central be 22 - 0 Sunday morning Jan 29th?

Currently 17 - 0
Sat 1/21 at Louisville Mercy (15-3)
Tue 1/24 - Letcher Central (2nd best team in 14th 14-3)
Fri 1/27 LIT Quarters at Bellarmine
Sat 1/28 LIT Semis at Bellarmine
Sat 1/28 LIT Finals at Bellarmine

LIT = Marion Co, Manual, Mercy, South Oldham, Butler, Sacred Heart, Madison Central plus 8 more Louisville schools.
gonna be a tough test of the Lady Dores
Perry Central is pretty good. No one in the Mountains can play with them. I don't know much about all those Lou teams in Girls' basketball. but normally that are pretty good as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd say they will lose at least one of those games, probably two. They are still a good team though.
I believe all 5 starters for Manual have committed to a D-1 school, and Marion County has 4 D-1 players. There's a lot of talent on those two teams. Marion beat Manual by 2 last week.
But Perry Central is not short on talent themselves. Noble and Rankin are bothe D-1 material, and the other 3 starters are close to that level.
Perry Central is pretty good. No one in the Mountains can play with them. I don't know much about all those Lou teams in Girls' basketball. but normally that are pretty good as well.

My 14th Region Rankings: 1/16/12-1/122/12

T-1-Knott County Central (16-2)
T-1- Perry County Central (13-4)
3- Buckhorn (12-3)
4- Breahitt County (11-3)
5- Hazard (9-8)
6- Letcher Central (10-7)
7- Leslie County (5-5)
8- Powell County (11-6)
9- Wolfe County (7-7)
10- Estill County (6-13)

I THINK THIS BELONGS IN THE BOYS FORUM.
^ yeah thats my sig.. It shows up on all my post
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Perry Central biggest problem is that they have not played anyone. If they wanted compitetion they should have went to a big tourney at Christmas like everyone else did and not dodged the best teams in Kentucky. What we really are gonna see if their coach can recruit well enough to win at the top level in Kentucky. I already know the answer to that.
My bad, didn't catch that. I agree with the ranking though.
Randy doesnt have to recruit. They just fall out of the sky. Noble, Smith, and Crawford knew what was best for them, thats why they went to play for the best coach in Kentucky Girls Basketball. The man has won a million games. Give him some credit.
I personally know Randy and I can tell you that Randy doesn't go out and recruit these kids, these kids know what's best for them and their future in college basketball, so they find Randy Napier...If you don't think Randy can coach, then you're sadly mistaken...Randy will soon be the number 1 high school coach in all time wins in girls high school basketball and you just don't get their not being able to coach...
Just means he's coached in a weak region all his life. Put him in the 11th or the 7th and see how man he would've won. Mark Evans of Mercy is as good as it gets in our state.

And how many D-1's has he coached? I really don't know, so I am curious to find out.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Perry Central biggest problem is that they have not played anyone. If they wanted compitetion they should have went to a big tourney at Christmas like everyone else did and not dodged the best teams in Kentucky. .

Really, I think they played some good teams in Tennessee at Christmas and won that tourney, and after Christmas they went to Daytona Beach and won that tournament with some pretty good players and teams, just thought you would like to know, because obviously you don't!
Dont know of the actually number of D1's. I know Kristie Combs got full ride to UK but didnt stay. Kristie Miller played at EKU for a while. Kristin Madden would of went small D1 if she hadnt blew her ACL last game of her Senior Year. Stephanie Baker played at UK for 2 years I think and started. Britta Maggard had offers to Morehead but didnt want to go. April Napier went to Austin Peay for a while. Im not sure he had some more D1's. I dont think making D1 players has anything with his ability to coach. Randy is one the best ever in Kentucky. Give him some credit. I dont care what region you play in. Winning is Winning. He has taken the best from Perry County and won with them for a long time. So what a UFO passed by and dropped off Kendall Noble, Katlyn Smith, and Tamara Crawford. Randy is DA MAN!
warmachine Wrote:Dont know of the actually number of D1's. I know Kristie Combs got full ride to UK but didnt stay. Kristie Miller played at EKU for a while. Kristin Madden would of went small D1 if she hadnt blew her ACL last game of her Senior Year. Stephanie Baker played at UK for 2 years I think and started. Britta Maggard had offers to Morehead but didnt want to go. April Napier went to Austin Peay for a while. Im not sure he had some more D1's. I dont think making D1 players has anything with his ability to coach. Randy is one the best ever in Kentucky. Give him some credit. I dont care what region you play in. Winning is Winning. He has taken the best from Perry County and won with them for a long time. So what a UFO passed by and dropped off Kendall Noble, Katlyn Smith, and Tamara Crawford. Randy is DA MAN!

I remember that, so sad when that happened.
warmachine Wrote:Dont know of the actually number of D1's. I know Kristie Combs got full ride to UK but didnt stay. Kristie Miller played at EKU for a while. Kristin Madden would of went small D1 if she hadnt blew her ACL last game of her Senior Year. Stephanie Baker played at UK for 2 years I think and started. Britta Maggard had offers to Morehead but didnt want to go. April Napier went to Austin Peay for a while. Im not sure he had some more D1's. I dont think making D1 players has anything with his ability to coach. Randy is one the best ever in Kentucky. Give him some credit. I dont care what region you play in. Winning is Winning. He has taken the best from Perry County and won with them for a long time. So what a UFO passed by and dropped off Kendall Noble, Katlyn Smith, and Tamara Crawford. Randy is DA MAN!

Well looking at this post it looks like Big Randy has coached a bunch of quitters, not D1 players. And get that red solo cup out of crawfords hands, she had to leave North, and the rest were recruited period. You people are nuts if you think Perry can beat Manual or Marion.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:Well looking at this post it looks like Big Randy has coached a bunch of quitters, not D1 players. And get that red solo cup out of crawfords hands, she had to leave North, and the rest were recruited period. You people are nuts if you think Perry can beat Manual or Marion.

Your bringing kids personal lives into this, and downing his past players. What a winner you are :moon:. Just what have you done to merit talking shit about all these kids? Probably not a damn thing.
I spoke the truth. Show me one thing that isnt the truth. Case closed.
You obviously don't have a clue what your talking about, Tamara had nothing to due with the trouble the other girls at North got into..she did not have to leave north, she left beacuse she did what was best for her. Maybe if you get the red solo cup out of your hand you wouldnt be such a dumbass. Case closed
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I spoke the truth. Show me one thing that isnt the truth. Case closed.
Randy Napier has won the state championship before, and probably would have won it last year if Kendall Noble hadn't had the ACL injury in the first minutes of their first round 2 point loss to Butler at the State last year.
Perry Central can play with anyone in the state imo. They look like a small college team and have no weaknesses. Probably the best outside shooting team in the state.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Randy Napier has won the state championship before, and probably would have won it last year if Kendall Noble hadn't had the ACL injury in the first minutes of their first round 2 point loss to Butler at the State last year.
Perry Central can play with anyone in the state imo. They look like a small college team and have no weaknesses. Probably the best outside shooting team in the state.

Ok, I dont have a dog in this fight but this is a ridiculous statement. What gives you any indication they would have won it? The best Kentucky team they played last year was Bowling Green who beat them handily...and Bowling Green wasn't among the states top 3 .or 4 teams either. There is no way you can make the claim that PCC would have ever been a favorite had they been put on the floor with Rock, Marion, Manual or even Bowling Green.

Hard to say this year because to this point they STILL haven't played one of the state "contenders." The next stretch of their schedule will provide them with that opportunity...then and only then will anybody be able to have credible evidence on one side or the other as to their legit claim to being state title contenders.
I guess they found out tonight what several have been saying. Looked pretty weak to me. Mercy played bad and won by 10.
kentuckywildcatfan Wrote:You obviously don't have a clue what your talking about, Tamara had nothing to due with the trouble the other girls at North got into..she did not have to leave north, she left beacuse she did what was best for her. Maybe if you get the red solo cup out of your hand you wouldnt be such a dumbass. Case closed

One should not tell a blantant lie.:Shaking:
I love my Lady Dores but they have plenty of weaknesses like all other teams.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I guess they found out tonight what several have been saying. Looked pretty weak to me. Mercy played bad and won by 10.
Perry missing 20 free throws meant they played bad too. The game was at Mercy. Thats' a 10 point advantage right there.
But...Mercy is a good team, they also beat the unbeatable Manual a few weeks back.

Perry Central is as good as any team in the state. Do you honestly think Perry Central wouldn't beat Mercy by 10 or more if the game were played in Hazard. Mercy had what we call a home court advantage.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Perry missing 20 free throws meant they played bad too. The game was at Mercy. Thats' a 10 point advantage right there.
But...Mercy is a good team, they also beat the unbeatable Manual a few weeks back.

Perry Central is as good as any team in the state. Do you honestly think Perry Central wouldn't beat Mercy by 10 or more if the game were played in Hazard. Mercy had what we call a home court advantage.

This maybe one of the most unrealist posts in history. So you are saying the refs beat Perry Central? And are you insinuating that the refs would help you win at Perry?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Perry missing 20 free throws meant they played bad too. The game was at Mercy. Thats' a 10 point advantage right there.

One of the biggest words in the English language. And it wasn't in Hazard. And neither is the state tournament.
HD28 Wrote:One of the biggest words in the English language. And it wasn't in Hazard. And neither is the state tournament.

Exactly. PCC won't have a 10 point home court advantage in the state tournament.
I just find it nuts that someone would publish they had a 10+ adavantage playing at home. Thats why Eastern Kentucky refs have such a bad rep. Look at the scandal over the emails a few years ago from Clay County with the assigning official in the 13th region.

Let me be real clear on this next statement: Perry Central cant win State Tourney this year with all the recruiting efforts of Napier and if they played the state tourney in Hazard with the crooked refs you are alluding to.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:I just find it nuts that someone would publish they had a 10+ adavantage playing at home. Thats why Eastern Kentucky refs have such a bad rep. Look at the scandal over the emails a few years ago from Clay County with the assigning official in the 13th region.

Let me be real clear on this next statement: Perry Central cant win State Tourney this year with all the recruiting efforts of Napier and if they played the state tourney in Hazard with the crooked refs you are alluding to.

You hate PCC so bad and it's just hilarious. I feel bad for you, I really do. PCC will keep getting better as the season progresses and they will make noise in March.