Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newt Gingrich Projected Winner of South Carolina
Now the race could be a little more interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/...olls-open/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.cnn.com/

Updated 6:13 p.m. EST, Jan 21, 2012

Gingrich
341 37%

Romney
339 36%

Paul
106 11%

Santorum
86 9%
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Updated 6:39 p.m. EST

Gingrich
4,064 33%

Romney
4,767 38%

Santorum
1,682 14%

3% reporting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gingrich
7,508 37%

Romney
6,756 33%

Santorum
3,073 15%

4% reporting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Updated 7:34 p.m. EST, Jan 21, 2012

Gingrich
90,105 40%

Romney
59,626 27%

Santorum
40,576 18%
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Paul has no chance of winning by the time the primary comes to KY, i will vote for Gingrich.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Paul has no chance of winning by the time the primary comes to KY, i will vote for Gingrich.
Paul has zero chance of winning the nomination no matter what happens. If the other three candidates are struck dead by lightening bolts, the party will find a way to nominate somebody else. The GOP leadership would rather lose to Obama as to remembered as the group who destroyed the party. I personally like Ron Paul and would vote for him over Obama but I doubt that he could win 40 percent of the popular votes if he actually won the nomination.

(I realize that there are some polls that show Dr. Paul would give Obama a respectable run for his money but most voters are not familiar with Paul's positions because he has never been perceived as a serious candidate outside of his extremely nutty core supporters. The ranks of the party's leadership need to be infused with some new blood. Currently, the GOP leadership believes that only moderates like Romney, McCain, and Giuliani can defeat a leftist like Obama. They need to stop running open primaries and stop allowing Democrats to have any say in selecting the Republican nominee.)
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Paul has zero chance of winning the nomination no matter what happens. If the other three candidates are struck dead by lightening bolts, the party will find a way to nominate somebody else.

If Ron Paul some how got the nomination I would then believe the Mayan Doomsday prophecy is true. Because we would all be doomed.