Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Paterno Passes at 85 (1926-2012)
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wow, deleting my post? not cool.

????
Stardust Wrote:????

I had posted on this earlier. and now its not here.
If it were my child I would be mad at Sandusky for doing it, mad at the DA for not prosecuting sandusky the first time Joe Pa Reported (yeah that happened and no one did anything about it). I would be mad at the Admins for not doing something about it. As for Joe Pa I see no way anyone could even contrive any possible way that He didn't do enough. He reported it. No one did anything. If he had done more then he would have been called a liar and it would be said he had falsely accused sandusky. this is what would have happened, if Joe Pa had done what you people on here say he should have done.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I had posted on this earlier. and now its not here.

You sure its this thread? There are 3 different threads on the same subject
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If it were my child I would be mad at Sandusky for doing it, mad at the DA for not prosecuting sandusky the first time Joe Pa Reported (yeah that happened and no one did anything about it). I would be mad at the Admins for not doing something about it. As for Joe Pa I see no way anyone could even contrive any possible way that He didn't do enough. He reported it. No one did anything. If he had done more then he would have been called a liar and it would be said he had falsely accused sandusky. this is what would have happened, if Joe Pa had done what you people on here say he should have done.

There is no if, ands, or butts about who the true evil person is. I don't think anyone who is truly upset over this doubts that it is Sandusky who is the cause of all of this. But its a fact that Joe did not separate himself from the evil one. I will concede that the facts will come out in the trial, and no one will be protected then. Just from the Grand Jury testimony alone, the first accounts brought to the attention of Joe was in 1996. Then we obviously have the incident that brought all of the attention, and eventually the downfall and dismissal of Joe.

From Joe's very mouth, he wished that he had done more. Joe knew there was something wrong with his best friend. He knew enough to understand that Sandusky had a bad side and Joe could not separate his friendship from what he had at least heard. What really irks me, and is something that I cannot separate is that after all that was apparently brought to light about Sandusky, Joe maintained his relationship with this cretin. You cannot make excuses by saying it was Joes age. Yes, in 2002 Joe was 75. But in 1996, Joe was 70. That's what we do understand from the documented accounts. Who knows what more we will learn.

With all of the documented statements of Sandusky, there is just no way to believe that Joe did not believe there was something seriously wrong with his best friend. Yet, time and again, Joe kept his very CLOSE relationship with Sandusky. Sandusky sat with Joe's family in Joe's reserved Box on the record breaking win (5 years after Joe reported Sandusky). As late as 2010, Sandusky routinely sat in Joe's box and had access to Joe's locker room.

Joe lived a life of molding young men. He committed his life to the task of turning teenagers into Men! He took the baby's from the living room of parents, and took responsibility for them for the next four years of their life. Yet, what we will know of Joe is his relationship with one of the worst creatures on earth, and that is a pedophile. And it is a relationship that Joe would not let go. Unfortunately, his decision to not let go of that relationship allowed an unknown number of children to be molested and have literally, their lives taken away from them.

No, Joe did not do the act himself. Joe certainly could not have condoned it. But his failure to do anything about it can never be forgiven by those families affected. Ever!

I have a lot of "best friends". I have fortunately not been in a position to have to confront those friends on such a egregious subject. However, if my best friend did something that ruins the life of others, I pray that I would do the right thing. God allows things to happen in order to affect future things. I hope and pray that if any of you experience something such as Joe appears to have experienced, I pray that we all do more than what he did.

I, as well as others on this site, am a coach. I have spent a considerable number of years trying to do the right thing by these young men who have been entrusted into MY responsibility. What Jerry Sandusky did is what all of us fear the most, and that is something happens on our watch! Thus, I have a moral responsibility to not only protect and nurture the lives of those that I am entrusted with at the time, but to ensure that I protect those who may be entrusted to me 10 years from now.

Unfortunately, Joe will be considered an accessory to many. No, he didn't pull the trigger, but he could have done something to separate himself. He did not do enough to narc out his buddy. OK, so, it's your friend, maybe you don't rat out your friend, though this was not stealing a six pack from the local convenient mart, this was much much worse. It's the fact that he maintained his close relationship. I ask, how can that be justified?