Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask LWC (Clean Version)
I feel like i know u at a intimate level Smile
^ Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:I am not sure.

I have friends that are VERY Pro-Coal and I even have a friend that is working in Washington DC for a PAC that is trying to do away with mountain top removal. As you can imagine, I get so much information from both sides that I get confused sometimes.

There are so many advantages of coal mining but disadvantages to coal miners and their families as well.

In this economy, opening up coal mining and granting more permits/licenses could help with jobs.

My answer seems to change because I do not have anyone very close to me that is seriously affected by coal mining. If I did, it would certainly be different.

When my father-in-law was a pastor at a certain church in the city limits of Hazard a few years ago, he drew very close to the coal mining issue. His secretary's husband was a coal miner and the money he made from it did a lot of good things (went to churches, cancer foundations, community improvement, etc...)

With all of that said, the only main drawbacks I see to coal are black lung and that it destroys mountains. No offense to anyone, but the "beautiful view of the mountains" is the least of my concerns with coal mining.

In conclusion, I definitely support coal miners, without any hesitation.
I am 80% in support of coal mining.

Do away with coal mining and you kill Kentucky.
Mountain top removal will eventually be gone one day. Thats a fact. The sad part these tree huggers fail to realize is that these companies have to do a reclaim on these sites thats federally mandated. 99% of the time the land comes away looking better than it did before the mining. It creates roadways that open up muc shorter routes for a lot of people.

Most bigger KY companies have already been preparing for the future. And for the future i mean deep mining. Coal will be bigger 10 years from now than it is today.
"I have had people tell me that I come off as confrontational in text conversation; I know that I have to get better about that. Anyone that knows me in real-life knows that I am very jovial."

Me too!!!! Something about the written word; no inflection or emphasis. It's too easy to misconstrue. Amazing, isn't it, how an entire sentence can change just by the inflection of your voice!

Anyway, my main reason for posting was to thank you for the last underlined and bolded statements. I think that is extremely considerate of you, and I appreciate it very much.
Thanks LWC. You answered my question. I had heard different answers to the divorce thing. I just wanted your take. Thanks again.