Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameron Justice or Braxton Beverly, who is the best?
Paige is an elite athlete. Davis is an all around good athlete but he is not in the same class as paige.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:Paige is an elite athlete. Davis is an all around good athlete but he is not in the same class as paige.

I must be missing something. I thought this thread was about Cameron Justice and Braxton Beverly
itzAmazing Wrote:Justice. I know him and know how good he is, I've played with and against him. I would have to take him over Beverly.
Are you going to be playing with him at Hazard next year. Rumor around Hazard is a package deal is in the works.
carl wallace Wrote:beverly does more for pcc than justice for knott, justice is a 2 period!! Both kids are ovc at best, lets not get ahead of ourselves, braxtons dad is about 5'9 and justice dad not much taller, i remember hype of many freshmen over the years, lots of kids peak early, beverly has more room for improvment in his game, but bigger stronger is what you will see, i cant see him being much better then justice from shelby valley and hes waaayyy out of his league in the big east, cant see justice from kcc being better then ben bowling and he went to tulane. Didnt justice play for east ridge last year? Did he take them to state, in the weakest region in the state?

your right about the size on beverly, but i think he is not too far off from the justice kid from shelby valley right now, can see him far surpassing in a few years. Ovc sec or naia way to early to tell. The justice kid from knott is not in the ballpark with ben bowling athletically although he is very fundamentally sound and a great spot up shooter,needs to work on shooting off the dribble. Where do you think paige will land in college ?
Addictedtobasketball Wrote:Camron is faster, taller and a better all around shooter but Braxton is a better passer, he is a true PG and he handles the ball better. If I wanted somebody in a tough game situation I'd go with Beverly cause I think he could handle it better than Justice could.

He might be taller and he might be a better spot up shooter, but he does not shoot as well on the move. To say he is faster I want some of what you are smoking.
jed Wrote:I hope you are not comparing Beverly to Hoskins. Beverly is good but should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Hoskins. Hoskins was one of the best to ever come out of the mountains. Beverly may end up that good but for now he is not even close.

Well said. But remember that Beverly has Hoskins on the sideline to learn from. Would love to have seen Hoskins and Paige play some one on one with both in their prime.
Beverly is almost a complete step faster that Justice
I think Cameron is better
zaga_fan Wrote:Beverly is almost a complete step faster that Justice

Well said.
I'm suprised Bigdaddy didn't call zaga a KCC fan
baller4lyfe Wrote:I'm suprised Bigdaddy didn't call zaga a KCC fan

I'm always root for the Patriots...
if they have a QB named Tom Brady.

but that's about it lol
[quote=justabballfan]Both are very good players but the size difference to me is the biggest reason
I would rather have Justice, along with he can flat out score the ball.[oo/QUOTE]ustice is an excellent player however he is not a point guard. more like a 2guard . From what i have seen Knott does not have a true point guard.
Brother Cecil Wrote:[quote=justabballfan]Both are very good players but the size difference to me is the biggest reason
I would rather have Justice, along with he can flat out score the ball.[oo/QUOTE]ustice is an excellent player however he is not a point guard. more like a 2guard . From what i have seen Knott does not have a true point guard.

Knott has a pg but he has been out all season with a torn acl
I don't see much of a contest to be honest with you.

Beverly all week long and twice on Sundays!!
If I could draft my team and Beverly and Justice had to go seperate... I would go with Justice.
:Thumbs:
Overrated Wrote:KCC rolls the hell out of PCC when they play.
with comments like that i see why you are called overratted.
zaga_fan Wrote:Beverly is almost a complete step faster that Justice

zaga fan you are one biased mo f'er. I swear pcc could have a b combs 5th and 6th grade team playing varsity and you would argue they are the best team in region and head and shoulders above knott co.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:Better at what shooting. He cant create his own shot as good as beverly, thats why knott runs so many double screens for him. Anyway after huff guards him next week we'll find out how good he is.

Yes hes better at that too. Thats why he draws more defensive attention than beverly. You just said yourself that Huff has to guard him, and I bet hes not the only one. I have seen him beat people one on one very handedly and a few times beat two on ones, and at belfry saw him beat 3 with a move the newspaper guy leaned over and ask me "so how would you describe that in words?", (my reply was "awsome" lol). Against letcher I noticed that every time he went off a screen the D switched off the screener and he was doubled, had the screener been a good outside shooter he would have had about half dozen more assists, and once he came off the ball screen on their headpat play and he shot a NBA three over both defenders. Look at the averages and percentages on KHSAA, if he isnt creating his own then they are the best coaching staff in that region by far cause they must be finding a way to get him wide open all the time.
Give me Braxton all day. This kid had a tough shooting night and still played a EVERY good game. KId is a straight up baller!! For all those that said he would struggle it sure didnt look like it to me. He got wherever he wanted any time he wanted. The shoots he missed, he just missed. Great player and winner.
Tailback44 Wrote:zaga fan you are one biased mo f'er. I swear pcc could have a b combs 5th and 6th grade team playing varsity and you would argue they are the best team in region and head and shoulders above knott co.

ah boys....

Look.
I've never said Perry is head and shoulders above Knott and if I did it was just to piss off the blue people in Knott County.

It seems like the entire world watched these kids tonight and everyone can draw their own conclusions.
BRAXTON RAN HIS TEAM TONIGHT!
And can someone please tell me who is faster?
I've already said what I think but I'm confident plenty people got a good feel for it tonight.
Justice is bigger, stronger, and better at scoring the ball on most nights.
But Braxton is the better PG and like I said he's the faster player.

I was sitting next to MVP2 tonight and when Knott turned the ball over with under 3 to go and Perry was up 3....
I turned to him and said it was Braxton's time to finish KCC off.
He got the ball up the court and played smart basketball with the ball in his hands.
And when Perry was up 2 and Braxton goes to the line he sank two free throws that almost didn't touch the net on the way down.

I've said it on here and my position won't change.
If you need a guard to run an isolation play and you're down 1 with 10 seconds left.....gimme Justice.

But if you need someone to run your offense and finish a team off.....hand me Braxton Beverly over anyone in the STATE.
^agree!! Kid is a winner. I love the way he handles himself and game situations. Gimme BRAX!!!
After tonight, id say a toss up!
hillmonster Wrote:After tonight, id say a toss up!

I am on neutral sides........and As I watched both players were outstanding.....Beverly is the faster player but not by much plus He is greater leader.......Cam is a better all round player and something that caught my eye that Cam does better is passing.........So, I would have to go with a toss-up.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I am on neutral sides........and As I watched both players were outstanding.....Beverly is the faster player but not by much plus He is greater leader.......Cam is a better all round player and something that caught my eye that Cam does better is passing.........So, I would have to go with a toss-up.

agree to disagree on that one lol

but like a lot of us have said.
You can't go wrong with either of these kids and they both have their own separate skillset.
The stats were pretty even from last night's game. Nothing settled. The controversy continues and I say its dead even. Both are fantastic!
zaga_fan Wrote:agree to disagree on that one lol

but like a lot of us have said.
You can't go wrong with either of these kids and they both have their own separate skillset.

yea i would have to agree that braxton is a better passer as well. braxton and justice are both good. id rather have braxton running my team because i think he is a better at that. but if i wanted more of a true scorer then justice is a more likely pick. that isnt sayin that justice cant run a team or that braxton cant score though.