Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 28 Pikeville 27
Great Game!
What grade?
Great win Paintsville. Sounds like a great game.
congrats Paintsville...
What grade? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
8th grade
dozerdawg707 Wrote:8th grade

Was this really the score? I would love to see the stats from this game if its the true score
TigerBlues Wrote:Was this really the score? I would love to see the stats from this game if its the true score

Actually, the final was 30-29, but still not much scoring in this one. The young Tigers trailed late and gutted out the victory. So it was indeed a quality win over a tough opponent regardless of the numbers. Way to hang tough young Tigers, congratulations.
This took place Saturday? Did Pikeville have their full 8th grade there? The reason I ask is because I know 2 of the 8th graders (May and Silvers) have been dressing with the varsity lately. Honest question, so please, no one take offense or think I am saying anything bad about the win, I am just curious. Thanks.
Well, Matt Miller starts on Paintsville's varsity and he played. I wasn't there so I don't know if Pikeville had their full team, but the last time they played Paintsville, I think they only won by 2.
Congrats young Tigers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
TigerFan3 Wrote:Well, Matt Miller starts on Paintsville's varsity and he played. I wasn't there so I don't know if Pikeville had their full team, but the last time they played Paintsville, I think they only won by 2.
Reason I ask is because Pikeville had a game over at Gate City, Va on the same day. If they travelled, I don't see how they were at both games. What time did this game take place on Saturday?
Pikevilles 8th grade had all their players and the starters played 95% of the game. Pikevilles 6th grade won again check them out if you get the chance!
Congratulations Paintsville......Pikeville may be a bit overrated.
5timechamp Wrote:Congratulations Paintsville......Pikeville may be a bit overrated.
They also may have just had a bad game. I've noticed plenty of people giving Paintsville big props for having a good team. Since they scored 30, maybe they're overrated? Not trying to start an argument, just pointing out how the same argument could be turned on them.
i think both Pikeville and Paintsville are tops in this region... but i think they are around 5 teams that could be the best in this region on any given night... (Pikeville, Paintsville, Louisa, Dorton and Johns Creek)
It looks like it was a close game but with the score being 30-29 I don't know about calling it a great game do you dozerdawg707 ?
Sounds like it was either a really bad offensive night or an outstanding defensive night for both teams. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:They also may have just had a bad game. I've noticed plenty of people giving Paintsville big props for having a good team. Since they scored 30, maybe they're overrated? Not trying to start an argument, just pointing out how the same argument could be turned on them.
Pikeville simply got beat, judging either team by how many points they score is a little ludicrous. I have been at both games they have played and they are simply even teams. As in any teams season you play up you play down thats is why they play the game.