•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Economy improving?
tvtimeout Wrote:It is a shame our state has only 4 million people in yet... Pittsburg is bigger than our entire state! What in the world!
Pittsburgh's metro population is much smaller than the state of Kentucky. Maybe you meant Philadelphia, which has a metro population of about 6 million people. Pittsburgh's metro population is about 2.4 million.

I am glad that Kentucky's population is still only 4.4 million. It provides me with a place to escape the crowding, traffic, and high cost of living of the Washington, DC metro area, which is about the same size as Philadelphia.

I am glad that the economy is finally beginning to recover, thanks to the shockwaves of lower oil prices. It is sad to watch Obama try to take credit for something that happened in spite of his incompetence.

If Jimmy Carter had won a second term, then it would have looked something like this.

Countries having low energy prices will always hold a competitive edge over countries that are saddled with high energy prices. It is just common sense, which is the kind of sense that this administration has lacked from day one. Voluntarily driving energy prices higher is a self destructive act for any country.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Pittsburgh's metro population is much smaller than the state of Kentucky. Maybe you meant Philadelphia, which has a metro population of about 6 million people. Pittsburgh's metro population is about 2.4 million.

I am glad that Kentucky's population is still only 4.4 million. It provides me with a place to escape the crowding, traffic, and high cost of living of the Washington, DC metro area, which is about the same size as Philadelphia.

I am glad that the economy is finally beginning to recover, thanks to the shockwaves of lower oil prices. It is sad to watch Obama try to take credit for something that happened in spite of his incompetence.

If Jimmy Carter had won a second term, then it would have looked something like this.

Countries having low energy prices will always hold a competitive edge over countries that are saddled with high energy prices. It is just common sense, which is the kind of sense that this administration has lacked from day one. Voluntarily driving energy prices higher is a self destructive act for any country.
^The economy has been improving for 6 years. But, I'm glad you finally found something you could give credit, instead of Obama. I knew you had it in to to give credit to something that has just happened in the last several months.
TheRealVille Wrote:^The economy has been improving for 6 years. But, I'm glad you finally found something you could give credit, instead of Obama. I knew you had it in to to give credit to something that has just happened in the last several months.
You are right, RV. Obama deserves much credit. Credit for making Jimmy Carter look downright presidential in comparison. For most of Carter's supporters, four-years of absolute failure were enough for them to admit their mistake. Not so for you - it has been six years and counting.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Pittsburgh's metro population is much smaller than the state of Kentucky. Maybe you meant Philadelphia, which has a metro population of about 6 million people. Pittsburgh's metro population is about 2.4 million.

Well, when one's President is absurdly naïve to the point where he actually believes the number one threat to the US is the fictitious notion of global warming, you know you're in trouble. So, driving up energy prices which in turn makes it much harder for folks to buy and consume fuel, which in turn gets us to the end game which is to reduce the carbon footprint. Therefore, progress to that end which destroys the viability of the country, is acceptable collateral damage in the eyes of Obama.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)