Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Rodgers wins MVP
INDIANAPOLIS -- The best quarterbacks bring fans out of their seats. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning did exactly that Saturday night when the NFL Most Valuable Player accepted the trophy from the only four-time winner of the award.

The Green Bay quarterback won the 2011 Associated Press award in a landslide. Manning, the hometown hero who didn't play a down this season because of neck surgery, handed it to him.

Manning was greeted with a standing ovation when he came on stage at the Murat Theatre during "NFL Honors," a primetime special on NBC. Moments later, the crowd was back on its feet for Rodgers.

"It means a lot to be recognized as a consistent player and contributing on my team," Rodgers said. "I think it's an award that relies on a player having the support of his teammates, obviously, guys blocking, guys running, guys catching, guys making plays. But I'm very honored to receive the award."

Speaking to Manning, who didn't miss a game for 13 seasons before 2011, Rodgers added: "We're all really excited to see you back on the field next year."

Rodgers earned 48 votes to two for New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the NFL. The Packers star is the first Green Bay player honored since Brett Favre concluded a run of three straight seasons as MVP in 1997.
Well deserved
:yes:
Not sure if it should have been him or Brees but you couldnt really go wrong either way.
After having to spend time behind Brett Favre's shadow, he can now bask in his own accomplishments.
Drew Brees got robbed
Awesome, many more to come I'm sure.
Drew Brees won the Offensive POY. He didn't get robbed, lol. The Packers would have not even come close to the success they had without Rodgers..he definitely earned the MVP this year.
vundy33 Wrote:Drew Brees won the Offensive POY. He didn't get robbed, lol. The Packers would have not even come close to the success they had without Rodgers..he definitely earned the MVP this year.

Thank you!
And I'm a Bears fan,lol.
I dont post in NFL thread very often but I thought id drop in to give my opinion Brees should have been the MVP. As a Saints fan who witnessed an amazing year by my favorite qb, I definitely felt he deserved mvp.