Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Matches That Define The Attitude Era ('98-'01)
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm glad you said it. I feel bad for giving any credit towards Benoit for anything in his career, but that would be like saying OJ Simpson was not a great football player. I guess it's just personal, but hearing it from you makes me feel better acknowledging credit to Benoit's in-ring ability.

I do get a lot of weird looks when I list my favorite wrestlers and Benoit is #1 or #2. I even got a gasp a couple of times, lol.

I always try to separate the "man" from the "moment". If I remember correctly several reports said that it was the cause of "roid rage" and not something Chris would have done in his right mind.

O.J. Simpson was one of the greatest football players of all-time, Michael Vick was/is one of the best quarterbacks right now, Pete Rose one of the best baseball players of his era, etc... it is difficult but we have to separate their game/career from their terrible deeds. (Obviously some are worse than others)

I hope the WWE finds a way to backdoor Benoit into the Hall-of-Fame. They already kind-of did when they inducted the 4 Horsemen this year. Even though they are talking about the original, you can still count Malenko, McMichael and Benoit. At least I always will. The plaque wont say original 4 Horsemen, it will just say The 4 Horsemen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]