Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me a list of your regions top teams.
I'm curious to know everybodys thoughts on some of the top teams in their region or other regions. Baseball season is almost here, I just figured I would get some chatter going. :argue:
1. St. X
2. Eastern
3. Male
4. Jeffersontown

Top three are always in the mix... I look for Jeffersontown to improve on strong finish last year.
15th Region- Belfry or Pikeville

IDK why baseball gets the short end of the stick on here. People really don't know what they're missing. I'd like to see more chatter on this thread this season!
10th will be wide open. So many seniors on so many teams just might make it the most balanced it has been in years.

I'd give the nod to Bourbon Co. with the number of starters that they have coming back, but Harrison Co. will always be the team to beat. Bourbon can give the ball to Mullins in any big game and likely come out ahead.

Brossart lost some key seniors, but the starters that they have coming back are really good. Junior catcher Trevor Norton will push Mullins for POY honors.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Clark Co. can do under their new coaching staff. They have really good players coming back, but when you introduce a new system to a group of seniors, you never know how they will accept it.
In the 8th Region: it looks like South Oldham and Collins will be the top dogs in this region
15th region:

IMO, the region is fairly weak this year. Since no one team out of what I consider as being the top 5 is head and shoulders above the other, I see these as one of the teams that legitimately could put a 3 game series together and win it.

In the mix (in no particular order):
Paintsville
Pikeville
Johnson Central
Belfry
Magoffin Co.
6th Region 1) Bullitt East
2) PRP
3) Butler

7th Region 1) Eastern
2) St. Xavier
3) Male
14th Region:

Hazard
Powell
Wolfe
Knott
13th Region: IMO, I think North Laurel would be the favorite seeing that they reutrn most of their team and they were in the championship. Here's my top 5 for the 13th. (in no particular order)

-North Laurel
-Corbin
-Harlan County
-Middlesboro
-South Laurel/Clay Co.
Also, I have to agree with you Dusty, I think this is going to be a balanced year for the 10th region. I have the same thoughts on those teams. I wonder how Clark Co will fair under the new coaching staff? Does anybody have any details on how it's going for them so far?
hornaplenty Wrote:14th Region:

Hazard
Powell
Wolfe
Knott

How do you get Knott as a top team in 14th? They lost 6 good players from last year (Slone, King, Potter, Mosley, Dixon, Smith) and 4 of those are Pitchers. I would Think Letcher would be a top 5 team in Region but they lost 2 of their best players. Perry Central will be good. It should be between Perry Central, Hazard, Powell, Letcher in no particular order. Estill could possibly upset a team or two if they make it to the Region or maybe even in the Regular season, lots of good young players.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:Also, I have to agree with you Dusty, I think this is going to be a balanced year for the 10th region. I have the same thoughts on those teams. I wonder how Clark Co will fair under the new coaching staff? Does anybody have any details on how it's going for them so far?

I'd like to hear from Gold Charger, our resident GRC guy. Pokey Harris will make them a threat, it's just a matter of chemistry. I have yet to hear from anyone from the program yet.
The 4th region has several teams that could win it. I think the favorites are Bowling Green, Warren East, Russell, and Logan County.
The 14th: Letcher, Powell, Hazard, Wolfe. LCC is still very young but alot of those players got some PT last year. They should be very solid defensively; if their bats produce they could be a tuff team. Of course pitching is very important throughout each region and Im not sure what kind of pitching will be seen in the 14th. How will the new bats effect everyone? Good "small ball" teams should be productive.
I wonder if Pokey will play college baseball as well as football? I know in the 14th last year, Powell and Knott Co had the best records.( correct me if I'm wrong) But I was impressed with Estill County's young team, as well as Letcher with their young players. From what I'm heard Knott Co lost quite a bit of key players from last year. If that's the case I'd say these are your top 5 teams. (in no particular order)

-Estill County
-Letcher County
-Powell
-Hazard
-Perry County Central
Bob Seger Wrote:15th region:

IMO, the region is fairly weak this year. Since no one team out of what I consider as being the top 5 is head and shoulders above the other, I see these as one of the teams that legitimately could put a 3 game series together and win it.

Paintsville
Pikeville
Johnson Central
Belfry
Magoffin Co.
You are kind!
Panther Thunder Wrote:You are kind!

lol... I always drink from a glass that's half full.
16th top 5

1 Greenup
2 Ashland
3 Boyd
4 East
5 Fleming
11th Region top teams:
1) Lex Cath
2) Bryan Station
3) Madison Central
4) Lafayette
5) Tates Creek
Woodford Co., only because they have Clinton Hollan,(Top Jr Pitcher in the Nation)
REW2 Wrote:11th Region top teams:
1) Lex Cath
2) Bryan Station
3) Madison Central
4) Lafayette
5) Tates Creek
Woodford Co., only because they have Clinton Hollan,(Top Jr Pitcher in the Nation)

By some accounts he was the best pitcher in the state last year as a sophomore.
Bob Seger Wrote:15th region:

Paintsville
Pikeville
Johnson Central
Belfry
Magoffin Co.
Looking at your list Bob I pretty much find myself in agreement with you. Been thinking about having to play with all your efforts going toward trying to stay afloat and at the lower part of the district and maybe only the midpoint of the region. When you think about it having to work to just keep from going below 500 can be a beneficial tool to enhance the play of a team.From time to time that could foster interesting situations in the world's greatest game. I think playing to stay alive is not near as difficult as playing to expectations.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Looking at your list Bob I pretty much find myself in agreement with you. Been thinking about having to play with all your efforts going toward trying to stay afloat and at the lower part of the district and maybe only the midpoint of the region. When you think about it having to work to just keep from going below 500 can be a beneficial tool to enhance the play of a team.From time to time that could foster interesting situations in the world's greatest game. I think playing to stay alive is not near as difficult as playing to expectations.
Very true Charlie. Been involved in both senerios before. 2003 as well as 2005. What you stated is kinda a good motivational tool for life's daily challenges in any situation. In many cases, it's the one single difference maker. IMO, what it is going to come down to is how well any particular team's pitching develops and their ability to string something together at the end. Can none of my list be there in the end? You bet. Regardless of what one yackity yackity yackity supporter on here (that claims not to live in the area BTW ConfusedhhSmile would have you to believe, on paper coming in from last year , there is no clear cut front runner.
13th region
1. north laurel
2. middlesboro
>this will be a good game
3.harlan county
4.clay county>under rated this year
5.corbin
6.south laurel
Dont underestimate south laurel with a strong jr class and all of those freshman that helped them to the region semis last year as 8th graders.Those freshman have been tremendousley successful over the years and know how to win.South will be a contender this year and a strong contender for the next several years.
Harrison County will be the team to beat in the 10th with their 1,2 punch in the rotation. Jordan Martin and Brandon Kendall will be tough to handle.

Hazard
Powell
Wolfe
Knott

:lmao: Letcher is not listed and they are the defending regional champions with 7 returning starters.

Hazard
Powell
Wolfe
Knott

Did they move defending champion Letcher Central to another region???
Bob Seger Wrote:Very true Charlie. Been involved in both senerios before. 2003 as well as 2005. What you stated is kinda a good motivational tool for life's daily challenges in any situation. In many cases, it's the one single difference maker. IMO, what it is going to come down to is how well any particular team's pitching develops and their ability to string something together at the end. Can none of my list be there in the end? You bet. Regardless of what one yackity yackity yackity supporter on here (that claims not to live in the area BTW ConfusedhhSmile would have you to believe, on paper coming in from last year , there is no clear cut front runner.

Nice post Mr. Seger Confusedhh:
Baseball is in full throttle now. I can hardly wait to watch my nephew and his friends this season. I look for this to be a great season for them and to suprise a lot of people with their talent! Good luck BHS baseball!
Region 3 has some of the best talent year in and year out

1.Apollo (W. All-Stars Dalton West & Matthew Johnson)
2.Daviess County
3.Meade County
4.Grayson County (W.All-Star Joey Henry)