Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith to Pikeville?
I hope someone can tell me whether this is true or not? I heard a rumor today that Teddy Smith might possibly be leaving Johns Creek and transferring to Pikeville. Now I'm not saying it is true, but I did hear this, can anyone confirm or deny this?
Nothing concrete, but I will say that I have heard the rumor.
I give this 50/50 right now.

For the past few years Johns Creek kids have had a tough go of it at Pike Central, everything is geared toward Mullins or transfers from other schools - let us look at their current players - 4 of their top 7 are not from Pike Central originally.

What goes around comes around.
Mr. Smith has talent, and I would guess he would get his fair share of playing time if he sticks with it, improves and progresses the way he should. I also heard a rumor that Mullins is holding back some of their 8th graders..I think Clark, Newsome and Sizemore are the only three going from Mullins who played significant minutes this year. If you bring along Smith, Turnmire and Williams, that should make for a pretty good future.
I heard this rumor a couple of months ago, it would happen as soon as

basketball season was over
Good luck to Teddy no matter where he goes! He is one fine young man and any program would love to have him and his little brother Austin. I think and hope he thinks this through and prays about it before doing anything. Also, he might want to talk to some others who have made the transition to better understand what an outsider may encounter at Pikeville. Austin Charles, Cody Charles, Cody Estep etc. Good luck guys you can play for me anytime!
You make a good point, Cougar Connection. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Lets hope these guys stay injury free and can play to their potential, no matter where it is.
From what I hear Teddy could be wearing the Maroon and White as early as Monday. Will be a great addition to the upcoming Freshman Class. If the team meshes well then they could be really good in the next two to three years.
Look for some to move in to Pikeville and some to move out........
new o Wrote:Look for some to move in to Pikeville and some to move out........
The cycle of high school athletics at its finest.
I agree Thunder. Good is never good enough,lol.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:I hope someone can tell me whether this is true or not? I heard a rumor today that Teddy Smith might possibly be leaving Johns Creek and transferring to Pikeville. Now I'm not saying it is true, but I did hear this, can anyone confirm or deny this?

What on earth would draw him to go to Pikeville? He's a nice baseball player and wouldn't make sense to go to a place where his middle school baseball team beat eachtime they played. Basketball at PC would make far more sense than Pikeville with talent of JC and Mullins together. Heck the nations best middle school team( Pikeville ) couldn't even win the Pike County Championship against half of Shelby Valleys future team. I know why they want him but they NEED him a whole lot more than he needs them!
If Smith goes to Pikeville. Who's out???
Because I'm sure they've promised him a starting position if he's going.
Cougar Connection Wrote:Good luck to Teddy no matter where he goes! He is one fine young man and any program would love to have him and his little brother Austin. I think and hope he thinks this through and prays about it before doing anything. Also, he might want to talk to some others who have made the transition to better understand what an outsider may encounter at Pikeville. Austin Charles, Cody Charles, Cody Estep etc. Good luck guys you can play for me anytime!

Estep had almost 800 yds receiving and 12 Tds as a Freshman. Sounds like pretty good treatment to me. Also if memory serves me correct, the Charles brothers only left Pikeville for 1 semester, so not sure I'd consider them outsiders?? Whatever that means......I'd bet 99% of the coaches in sports really want to win and will put their best on the court or field......no matter the situation.....Maybe I live in a fantasy world???
To an earlier post about Outsiders.......It looks like Estep had almost 800 yds receiving and 12 TDs....I'd say thats pretty good treatment for a Freshman.....also If I'm correct the Charles boys only left Pikeville for 1 semester so not sure I'd consider them outsiders?? I'm pretty sure I saw a few kids on some of the county schools who haven't always been at the schools they're are playing at now. Parents usually know whats best for their children and their decision to transfer or holdback or whatever other controversial decision should be honored and left alone. Good luck Teddy!!