Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knicks 92 - Lakers 85
Final.

One name: Jeremy Lin. That is all.
Hey Kobe, I bet you know who Lin is now don't you!

Thursday night after the Lakers/Celtics game:
Kobe Bryant on Jeremy Lin: ‘I Don’t Even Know What He’s Done’

J. Lin
Reb: 4
Ast: 7
Stl: 2
Blk: 0
Who knew asian guys could ball?
It sure didnt work out with Yao.

Anyways, im glad i put this as the game of the week,
I had the score 92-87, which was close, but sadly, i picked the lakers.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who knew asian guys could ball?
It sure didnt work out with Yao.

Anyways, im glad i put this as the game of the week,
I had the score 92-87, which was close, but sadly, i picked the lakers.
Yao was an All Star every year he's been in the league and one the best centers. Over work is what caused his demise. He never got any rest. NBA season then China made him play over there for their National team. Yao was good man.

Anyways Lin has taken the NBA by storm and good for him. he seems to be a good kid with a humble personality. He has skill too, obviously. He is no fluke because if he was it would have been shown tonite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
This is an amazing story. Lin was undrafted and was cut from two NBA teams before being picked up by the Knicks. This is just what Mike D'Antoni needed. I have always hated teams that played in New York and Los Angeles, but I will be pulling for the Knicks as long as D'Antoni coaches there. His teams play basketball the way that it was meant to be played - as a team.
^ Great point about D'Antoni. He has a system that is very effective when teams play within the system itself. It's difficult for a guy like Carmello to play within, which is why I thought D'Antoni would be gone by now. I did not expect these two to click, and they still have yet to click yet.

As for Lin, this kid is a Harvard graduate that spoke in the postgame more like a professor than the garbage that we are used to in a typical interview.
I have fallen in Love with Jeremy Lin. So easy to cheer for him. And watch him play is amazing, so smooth, great basketball IQ. I hope he sustains this and has a great career.
Kobe didn't have nothing on Lin last night.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Amun-Ra Wrote:Yao was an All Star every year he's been in the league and one the best centers. Over work is what caused his demise. He never got any rest. NBA season then China made him play over there for their National team. Yao was good man.

Anyways Lin has taken the NBA by storm and good for him. he seems to be a good kid with a humble personality. He has skill too, obviously. He is no fluke because if he was it would have been shown tonite.

Give me a break. He was a injury riddled overy hyped crappy player.
If it wasnt for his height, he would have never came to the NBA period.

Total bust IMO, you can say he was overworked, but i never seen him do work in the first place.
Lin just balled Kobe out, lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Give me a break. He was a injury riddled overy hyped crappy player.
If it wasnt for his height, he would have never came to the NBA period.

Total bust IMO, you can say he was overworked, but i never seen him do work in the first place.
Yes his height was his ticket to the NBA, so? You think Shaq would have been one the most dominant centers ever if he had not been as big as he was?

Yao was in fact an All Star. He did in fact get double doubles almost ever single game, finishing his career averaging 20 ppg and 9 rpg. WTF?

When he started having all the foot problems that led to his retirement, people like Wilbon and Kornheiser and others all said it was due to him playing so much. Playing in the NBA and then having to play for China was too much for his body. You only see his height and don't realize he weighed 310 lbs. That's alot of pounding on the feet. Considering his pro career started in 97' in China, he has never really had many off seasons to rest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis