Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 58 Johnson Central 57
Congrats Shelby Valley, way to come back...Great game
Congrats Kayla Cantrell! You really pulled through in the final minutes of the game! Way To Go! Good job to the rest of the Lady Wildcats also. Great comeback, down by 16 going into the 4th QT and coming back to win this?!?! That deserves some credit. Well good luck Lady Wildcats at the next game. I'll be there cheering you on!
Do What????? Down 16 with a period to play??? Wow!!!
Being down 16 going into the fourth and then winning the game is pretty impressive. How did Fleming do?
What happen to JC?  I can't believe they lost this game.    They beat this team bad last time.
Well obviously the Lady Wildcats wanted it more than the Lady Eagles. Both done a GREAT job on Offense as well as Offense! It's definently worth recognition to come back after down by 16 and comeback in 1 quater and win it all! Well Congratulations Lady Wildcats! Good Luck Monday! Good Job Sasha Stanley & Kayla Cantrell!!!
Way to go Esther Flemming...she had a triple double in this game..outstanding..and way to lead our lady cats to victory with the clutch free throws at the end...Congrats LADY CATS!!!
Way to go Ladykats...This game was really boring until the late minutes of the 3rd quarter and the whole 4th. Congrats to Esther Fleming on the triple double..and to the whole Valley girls team..Good Win!
First off congrats Lady Wildcats. As for the lady eagles dont worry in a couple years you guys should be top of the keys. Chessi Griffith i just wanna say you had an awesome basketball career at JC. Your an awesome friend and player. As for the rest of the JC team, you guys played your hearts out and Johnson Co is proud of all of you. I know Celena  looked up at the buzzer at me in the stands and i gave her a smile. You girls proved everyone wrong and showed that you are not to be taken lightly..

Congrats Lady Wildcats and good luck against PCC..

Congrats Lady Eagles on a great season!
Congratulations LadyKats!!!

You deserve every bit of recognition you get!

Proof : Defense wins games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Props to Esther Fleming - really stepped up in the final four minutes after being "absent" the first half

Same for Sally Roberts - unusual 1st half - but way to hustle, girl! Made those key baskets when we needed them.

Sasha Stanley and Kayla Cantrell - HOT HOT HOT when we needed it most

Laura Perkins - Awesome job -defensively and offensively

Lucinda Varney - Way to go girl - really stuck in there with girls much bigger than her and forced some awesome turnovers

I'm SOOO proud of all of you for never quitting and playing like the team you are in the 2nd half.

Hey, guess what...........YOu're in the final four of the region!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out PC, 3rd time's a charm!!
I guess a 20 point lead isn't safe in the 15th reigion anymore. Congrats to Shelby Valley you earn this one. Now put Pike Central out and play for that CHAMPIONSHIP. Central you all had a great season expect big things from you all in the next couple years cause the 57th is only gettin stronger.
I love my Blue Crew, but man! I just have to say JC's student section was awesome! Great game Lady Eagles.
WOW!  I turned the radio off at half time figuring this was going to be another blow out!  Wish I would have listened now.  Congrats to the Lady Wildcats for a great come back.  JC you girls keep your heads up!  You girls are still young and are going to be nothing but trouble for everyone else in the region for the next few years!  Congrats on a great season Lady Eagles! :thumpsup:
[quote author=WaterGirl link=topic=20645.msg207815#msg207815 date=1141970066]
I love my Blue Crew, but man! I just have to say JC's student section was awesome! Great game Lady Eagles.
[/quote]

I was in that section even tho i've already graduated it was an awesome atmostphere(sp)...
Congrats to SV....Boys and Girls are both in the final four, as is Belfry...Thats awesome...
Interesting stat last night...Johnson Central had 23 second half turnovers.
Congrats Valley,great ballgame by both teams.Hats off to #12 Perkins and flemming great job by you both,great play also by roberts and stanley!

GO VALLEY now lets go get PCC!
One of the best games I have watched this year!!! Congrats to the Lady Cats, Coach Napier and his staff, Job, Well done!!!
One of the sloppiest, yet most exciting games I have seen in quite a while.  The first half was ugly with Johnson Central missing an opportunity to completely blow SV away.  SV played about as bad as possible in the first half scoring only 12 points.  Valley was actually down 12 points(28-40) instead of 16 going into the 4th quarter, but scored 30 points in the 4th.  Esther seemed to be in another world turning the ball over numerous times until the 4th when she took over the game.  She finished with 17 points, 11 steals, and 10 rebounds and came up big on the go ahead free throw(exorcising some free throw demons from the past for all the Dorton fans) with around 7 seconds left.  Both Sasha Stanley and Kayla Cantrell came up big at the end with huge 3 pointers.  Sally played really hard and Laura Perkins kept the Ladycats in the game until the rest of the team woke up.  The official stats had SV with 25 turnovers and Johnson Central with 33.
Lady Eagles...we love you guys.  You have had a wonderful season and we are so proud of you all. Chessie...we are going to miss you, girl.  May the good Lord bless all that you do in your life.  Keep your head up.

For the rest of you ladies....we are a young team and very impressive.  For the next few years....JC is going to be the team to reckon with.  You guys are going to dominate!  So, do not hang your heads for your fans love you and support you...win or lose...trophy or no....

E-I-E-I-E-I-0 Go Eagles Go Eagles Go!!!!!!!

Thanks for the fun this season girls!  Chessie, we love you, girl! 
Good Job VALLEY!!!!.....Awesome come back..........Girls played well and with alot of heart.........This game really shows who wants it bad you all never gave up and neither did your fans...shows how if you stick together and believe anything is possible.......It's really nice how you can prove everyone wrong!!...congrats!!!
GREAT JOB VALLEY!!!  CONGRATS!!!  PROPS TO LAURA, ESTHER, SASHA AND KAYLA FOR DOING A GREAT JOB IN THE 4TH!!!  NOW, LETS PUT OUT PC, WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND GO TO STATE!!!  YOU'VE PROVED YOU CAN DO IT, JUST KEEP IT UP!!!          :1:
Congrats Valley!  Good luck in the rest of the tournament
Props to Laura Perkins..she's the real hero of the game. I dont understand why this girl doesnt start, but she really gets the team going. If it wasnt for her, Valley would have been blown away. She's a great defensive and offensive player that plays with A LOT of heart.

Also, props to Esther on the final minutes of the game. After a rough start in the first half she pulled it together and hit 2 key layups and not to forget the pressure free throw to win the game.

Good luck to you girls. Keep the momentum alive and beat those Hawks Monday night.
Congrats Lady Cats!

Lady Eagles hold your heads high...you're a great bunch of girls...you deserve more!

Phillip...you did it again...3 years in a row...blown 2 regionals & 1 district. Once again YOU lost without giving your bench a chance.  How many turn-overs was that?  And how many does it take before you take a player out & give someone else a chance?  I guess that just depends on who that player is.  I'm not sure if you will read this,...but I'm sure that one of your loyal followers will tell you about it.
[quote author=rippinnet link=topic=20645.msg208163#msg208163 date=1142031557]
!

Phillip...you did it again...3 years in a row...blown 2 regionals & 1 district. Once again YOU lost without giving your bench a chance.  How many turn-overs was that?  And how many does it take before you take a player out & give someone else a chance?  I guess that just depends on who that player is.  I'm not sure if you will read this,...but I'm sure that one of your loyal followers will tell you about it.
[/quote]

He is one of the best coaches around here, must have been your kid sitting on the bench...
Congrats to Valley great comeback. JC just couldn't handle Valley's pressure in the 4th qtr.
Quote:He is one of the best coaches around here, must have been your kid sitting on the bench...

I don't have any kids on his bench...that's why I can be so honest.  You must be a relative of his.
rippinnet,
I'm going to have to agree with just_a_fan.. even if you don't have any kids obviously you're related to someone on the bench. You have got to be crazy to blame the way that the kids played entirely on Phillip Wireman. He did everything in his power to get the girls ready. But a coach can't make his team mentally ready to play. Each and every time I read one of your posts it's always something against Coach Wireman. Maybe you have a personal issue with him..I don't know and I don't really care. Over half the people on here know, love, and respect Wireman. If you knew him personally you would too. Obviously according to your posts you've probably never even spoken to the man. You're not lucky enough. Every team has their ups and downs so why discriminate against him because he's had a few down years? I have a feeling that it won't last much longer. Enjoy it while you can! Oh and by the way, he knows his players and the players on the bench either aren't ready to play at that level or don't deserve to. Get over it.  Rolleyes
This was an upset.  Phillip Wireman does a great job.  I would have liked to see his team advance.
Keep up the good work girls and coach.  You had a good season.